Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
MASSIVE thanks to the volunteers working at vaccination centres today and tomorrow :clap2::clap2::clap2::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59785948

Volunteers are working at Covid vaccination sites in England today as the push to offer every adult a booster by the end of the month continues.
NHS England says thousands of first, second and booster jabs will be given on Christmas Day as part of its response to the Omicron variant threat.
Appointments are available in at least eight locations including London, Manchester, Swindon and Eastbourne.
A new high of 122,186 daily UK Covid cases were reported on Friday.
But about 60% of adults have now received a booster jab in the UK, with a record number of vaccinations taking place in the last seven days, the NHS says.
More than 32 million boosters and third doses have now been administered, and officials are urging all eligible people to come forward for their jab as soon as possible to reduce the impact of Omicron.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC

Amid the much-publicised drive to give booster jabs to one million Britons a day, thousands more people came forward for their first or second Covid vaccines last week.
A total of 221,564 first doses were given in England between 15 and 21 December - 46% up on the previous week - while 279,112 second jabs were given.
UK-wide, the daily vaccination figures were at their highest for six weeks.
But despite the mini rush, 10.2% of over-12s are yet to have any vaccine.
The UK recorded a new high of 122,186 daily Covid cases on Friday.
The largest increase in vaccine uptake in the week to 21 December was among young people, with an 85% uplift in first jabs for 18-24-year-olds and a 71% rise for the 25-30 age-group.
The same week saw more over-60s get their first Covid jab than during any seven-day period since the beginning of June.
So far, more than 51 million people in the UK have had a first vaccine dose - some 90% of over-12s. More than 47 million - 82% of over-12s - have had both doses.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Politics For All
@PoliticsForAlI
Police cars revolving lightPolice cars revolving light | BREAKING: 75% of eligible adults have had their booster jab - Sajid Javid

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well…..

You realise the average age of death is still 83 which means a lot of those dying will be elderly people who probably aren’t allowed to have vaccines, your anger is probably aimed more at the much lower age range of unvaccinated people who aren’t dying from covid. Tell me, do you laugh when a fat man drops dead from a heart attack?

Honestly if you’re going to imply unvaccinated people dying is a good thing this thread isn’t the correct place for that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You realise the average age of death is still 83 which means a lot of those dying will be elderly people who probably aren’t allowed to have vaccines, your anger is probably aimed more at the much lower age range of unvaccinated people who aren’t dying from covid. Tell me, do you laugh when a fat man drops dead from a heart attack?

Honestly if you’re going to imply unvaccinated people dying is a good thing this thread isn’t the correct place for that.

How fat are we talking? Like comedy level fat or just a bit chubby?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am fundamentalist in terms of vaccination. To me it's part of the holy trinity of human endeavour. Vaccines, clean water and sanitation.

But I cringe at any comment that says, it's ok - those dying aren't vaccinated. I have a family member who died with Corvid without being vaccinated, because they weren't available at the time.

I don't want anybody to get ill in hospital (in particular this time of year), irrespective of what they have read on the internet.

Anyone dying in whatever circumstances, irrespective of their sometimes incorrect beliefs is never good news.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am fundamentalist in terms of vaccination. To be it's the holy trinity of human endeavour. Vaccines, clean water and sanitation.

But I cringe at any comment that says, it's ok - those dying aren't vaccinated. I have a family member who died with Corvid without being vaccinated, because they weren't available at the time.

I don't want anybody to get ill in hospital (in particular this time of year), irrespective of what they have read on the internet.

Anyone dying in whatever circumstances, irrespective of their sometimes incorrect beliefs is never good news.

That’s an interesting and understandable reply….could I suggest we end the discussion on this thread here :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Was looking at this chap's tweets about a month ago and hoped he was onto something. Turns out, that at least for South Africa, he was. And there is no good reason we can't have a similar outcome.

[tweet]1476114365220806660[/Tweet]

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Tested positive today, no surprise as the wife did yesterday. No symptoms at all for me, great advert for the booster which I had 10 days ago.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Department of Health and Social Care
@DHSCgovuk
Squared new A #COVID19 antiviral made by
@Pfizer
has been approved for use across the UK by
@MHRAgovuk

More than 2.75 million courses of Paxlovid have been secured for NHS patients and plans for deployment will be set out soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here