Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good news for us, I think. Last thing we need is him playing for England and either doing well, and therefore getting snapped up by a big club quickly, or doing badly and getting racially abused on social media by some of the ***** that follow our country.

Plus I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for England anyway, although I expect that's an unpopular opinion here.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good news for us, I think. Last thing we need is him playing for England and either doing well, and therefore getting snapped up by a big club quickly, or doing badly and getting racially abused on social media by some of the ***** that follow our country.

Plus I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for England yet anyway, although I expect that's an unpopular opinion here.

Corrected for you.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
hopefully he becomes less injury prone as he matures otherwise an international career could prove to be a hinderance to him keeping fit.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bold decision. He’s seems a really interesting and thoughtful kid with all these massive and brave choices so early in his career (and life).
Good luck to him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will leave us short during the afcon games. (Alternatively, gives someone an opportunity to step up during afcon games.)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
He seems a long way away from England atm, what with the quiet season he's just had , the number of quality right backs we have and Gareth"I don't pick Brighton players" Southgate

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He seems a long way away from England atm, what with the quiet season he's just had , the number of quality right backs we have and Gareth"I don't pick Brighton players" Southgate

Why do people persist with this myth? For a start Ben White was picked for the Euros by Southgate while a Brighton player, despite the fact that he was replacing a right back, and Lewis Dunk was given a cap but obviously didn't impress enough during the game and training camp to be considered again - probably not helped by his age. Apart from these 2, which other English player in our current squad is good enough to play for England?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why do people persist with this myth? For a start Ben White was picked for the Euros by Southgate while a Brighton player, despite the fact that he was replacing a right back, and Lewis Dunk was given a cap but obviously didn't impress enough during the game and training camp to be considered again - probably not helped by his age. Apart from these 2, which other English player in our current squad is good enough to play for England?

You have a good point…..though in the case of Dunk ..one game against USA is hardly a good measure to basically right him off…and he didn’t play that badly at all…then u look at Southgate picking the likes of Tarkowski ..Mings et al who I’d say he’s on a par with…and his persistence with McGuire:facepalm:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You have a good point…..though in the case of Dunk ..one game against USA is hardly a good measure to basically right him off…and he didn’t play that badly at all…then u look at Southgate picking the likes of Tarkowski ..Mings et al who I’d say he’s on a par with…and his persistence with McGuire:facepalm:

I think it was possibly more to do with not impressing during the training sessions. I remember that video with Rashford consistently skinning him during a one v one session.

As for Harry McGuire, when has he ever played badly for England? He was voted into team of the tournament at the Euros, and he was also outstanding for England in the 2018 WC. I don't really care how badly he plays for Man Utd providing he keeps up that level in an England shirt.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Because it's funny and has a kernel of truth. Dunk wasn't exactly given a fair crack of the whip, White was picked when it was obvious he was leaving for a "big club", and Adam Webster would prbably have been given a chance already if he was at Man U

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because it's funny and has a kernel of truth. Dunk wasn't exactly given a fair crack of the whip, White was picked when it was obvious he was leaving for a "big club", and Adam Webster would prbably have been given a chance already if he was at Man U

Rumour was that Southgate was watching Webster when he was having that really good run mid season, then he got injured.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Plus I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for England anyway, although I expect that's an unpopular opinion here.
I would put James miles ahead of him based on what I've seen over the last two seasons. I'm not at all surprised he's choosing Ghana

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I do think that playing for a big club comes with an added level of pressure and expectation, that would better prepare you for playing for England. I don't really understand why so many Brighton fans don't understand that point. If Dunk was in the top two centre backs in the country and wasn't getting a look in then I think we'd have right to complain, but he isn't. On ability and form he's probably number 4-6 over the last few seasons. If I were Southgate and I had a player playing for Man Utd who was at the same level as a player playing for Brighton, I'd go with the Man Utd one, especially if he was only ever going to be a back up option. It's far harder to play for Man Utd than it is for Brighton, every team you play is playing like it's a cup final- just look at our performance the other week against them- why can't we do that against Norwich? White was also picked as it was clear he was going on to bigger things and is one for the future, which Dunk isn't.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Rashford and Slab head aren’t good enough for England either :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's far harder to play for Man Utd than it is for Brighton

All games in the PL are at a high level/standard. I think Webster would have established himself in the England squad by now if he wasn't injured earlier this season - the idea that Southgate wasn't interested or keeping tabs on him because he played for Brighton - the 9th best team in the country - is a bit of NSC fun but not really true is it. (mind you i find the Dunk thing perplexing but then imo Southgate doesn't overlook him because of Brighton - but presumably because he's in/out form, his age, inexplicably prefers other Centre backs )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here