Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hush my mouth, but...hasn't he lost half a yard of pace since his injury?

He's still outstanding, tricksy, clever, a great crosser of the ball, a brilliant player etc; but I don't remember the last time he knocked the ball past a defender then simply ran round him onto the free ball.

Just me, then?

Yes (as in yes, just you I reckon). A few times since he's come back he's shown incredible speed - in particular I remember a few times where he's anticipated an opposition ball and the receiving player wasn't even in the same postcode when the pass was made, but somehow he's got there first.

As for his game time, it's simply overall load management at this stage of his development (cumulative training and playing). Personally think the club are doing an outstanding job that will benefit him hugely in the long term - same goes for Lallana where we've got far more minutes out of him than anyone expected due to that careful management.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It might work, Lamptey seems to have as much chance of taking Reece James place as he did at Chelsea. Being a Brighton player won’t help given who the England manager is either.

He is probably gonna have to make a decision before June whether to play for England or Ghana.

Ghana won't have friendly matches before the World Cup in Qatar. They will no doubt use the AFCON qualifying matches as their warm ups to decide which players that they take to Qatar.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
He is probably gonna have to make a decision before June whether to play for England or Ghana.

Ghana won't have friendly matches before the World Cup in Qatar. They will no doubt use the AFCON qualifying matches as their warm ups to decide which players that they take to Qatar.

Looks like he might be choosing Ghana ...
https://twitter.com/theyawofosu/status/1532099770923241474

Tariq watching Ghana.png

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Wouldn't look to much into him attending the game, he gave an interview to an African publication, saying he just visiting family and friends, taking a complete break from football not even thinking about football and might attend the game, so probably there as just a good day out with his old mates while on holiday

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wouldn't look to much into him attending the game, he gave an interview to an African publication, saying he just visiting family and friends, taking a complete break from football not even thinking about football and might attend the game, so probably there as just a good day out with his old mates while on holiday

Going to a football match seems quite a weird way of not thinking about football.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

LOL

When CH was negotiating becoming. Director of Football or whatever Title he ended up with. His line to the Press was that he was on holiday as well.

Nothing decided but I think he will play for Ghana.

That's part of the remit of the new Administrative Team. To get all the best players eligible to play for Ghana from around the World to elect to represent Ghana.

That lad who scored the 2nd Goal for Ghana last night. He is only 19 and broke into the AS Roma first team last season. Apparently he is absolutely superb and already has 4 PL sides trying to convince him to move to England during this transfer window

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
LOL

When CH was negotiating becoming. Director of Football or whatever Title he ended up with. His line to the Press was that he was on holiday as well.

Nothing decided but I think he will play for Ghana.

Surely they're not looking to go to the world cup with Lamptey on the right and Hughton on the left?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And the lad's chosen Ghana.
Disappointing for England fans, but a feather in the cap for the Black Stars and Chrissy Hughton ...

View attachment 148634

https://twitter.com/t1t2men/status/1533818551345217537

Not sure how much Chris Hughton would have had to do with this, I thought his technical advisory role was only for the World Cup Playoffs against Nigeria. It would be great for him to have extended that though and be involved with them going into the WC itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here