Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
can anyone help ?
I've checked the records but cannot find the game, as I remember it the game was Swindon at home which ended as 2-2 in the early 70s but there's no record I can find that records this!

There was no 2-2 home game v Swindon at that time. However there was a 1-1 in November '74 and then 2-0 in March '76.

There was a 2-2 in October 1972, but that was away at their County Ground. The following week (4/11/72) we drew 2-2 with Cardiff at the Goldstone so is it just possible that your memory is playing tricks?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
There was no 2-2 home game v Swindon at that time. However there was a 1-1 in November '74 and then 2-0 in March '76.

There was a 2-2 in October 1972, but that was away at their County Ground. The following week (4/11/72) we drew 2-2 with Cardiff at the Goldstone so is it just possible that your memory is playing tricks?

seems so, thanks for replying.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Ian Mellor in the famous Brighton 7 Walsall 0 game. 5th October 1976

In the fifty-first minute the flood of goals began. Ward cleverly juggled an opening for Peter O’Sullivan whose fierce shot was pushed out by keeper Mick Kearns. But there was Mellor to knock the rebound from close range.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1st game was home to Arsenal in the FA Cup in 1988, with (I think) Garry Nelson scoring in 2-1 defeat.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

That would be a game to hook you!

That was my first full season as a ST holder - it was a very good time for an impressionable kid to get hooked into the Albion.. Colchester wore all-red I think!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ian Mellor in the famous Brighton 7 Walsall 0 game. 5th October 1976

In the fifty-first minute the flood of goals began. Ward cleverly juggled an opening for Peter O’Sullivan whose fierce shot was pushed out by keeper Mick Kearns. But there was Mellor to knock the rebound from close range.

I seem to remember there were some boos at half time too!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mark Gall

15th April 1992 when we lost 2-1 at home to Derby.

He never played again after that season. We were relegated too. Happy days!

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
7th March 1953, player called Bennet scored for us in a 2-1 loss to Swindon. I know it was my first match because my dad took me for my 8th birthday, but I had to look up the details as it is just a blur now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

E

My 1st game was Brighton 3 - 1 Tranmere Rovers.. 8th February 1975. I can't find out who scored!! My memory tells me that Tranmere scored 1st, and that their player got injured in the process, but games do tend to merge in the memory so can't be sure and no memory of the Brighton scorers - hoping it was Fred Binney!

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
My 1st game was Brighton 3 - 1 Tranmere Rovers.. 8th February 1975. I can't find out who scored!! My memory tells me that Tranmere scored 1st, and that their player got injured in the process, but games do tend to merge in the memory so can't be sure and no memory of the Brighton scorers - hoping it was Fred Binney!
Sorry to disappoint but it was Towner and O'Sullivan, (2)

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Help!

Can anyone help me out here who has old stats. My first game was Good Friday, March 27th, 1970, and a 2-1 win against Reading. There was a huge Goldstone crowd and I was hooked. Does anyone know the scorers that day?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm not actually sure who the first actually was, but the first I remember was Richie Barker. Back at Gillingham.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Can anyone help me out here who has old stats. My first game was Good Friday, March 27th, 1970, and a 2-1 win against Reading. There was a huge Goldstone crowd and I was hooked. Does anyone know the scorers that day?

Alan Duffy with both goals.

32,036 at The Goldstone. Bigger than anything possible currently at The Amex of course.

E

Sorry to disappoint but it was Towner and O'Sullivan, (2)

They would have been my next two choices!! Thanks a million for getting the info and posting it.. can I ask where you got it from? I was on various sites that told me score/date and league tables, but couldn't get scorers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here