Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Controversial opinions

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The North stand is shit and a poor remake of the Goldstone equivalent, through no fault of those trying their best in it. Badly managed, badly planned and the demographic is ****ed enough that it's a joke to be relying on it for generating an atmosphere.

Safe standing is the only way to have the shake-up required to improve it. The response to it may have been luke warm as Barber keeps trotting out, but as soon as people are seen to be having a good time there then others will flock to it, especially the younger generations.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Safe standing is the only way to have the shake-up required to improve it. The response to it may have been luke warm as Barber keeps trotting out, but as soon as people are seen to be having a good time there then others will flock to it, especially the younger generations.

Didn't the survey Barber likes quoting ask "would you pay more for safe standing to cover the cost of removing the seats?" (or something very similar)? Obviously most people replied NO cos why would you pay more to not have a seat. However now Barber takes this as lukewarm response to safe standing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
3mdxsd.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Putting the lyrics to GOSBTS on the big screens at the Amex is pathetic

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Man these things get me hyped about going to Brighton.

I imagine myself coming to Brighton two weeks or so before a game, and once I've got a hunch about the workings of the city, I will place myself on a square with a megaphone (or microphone and portable speaker, we'll see), firing the younger ones up, campaigning to make the upcoming game unique, a youth revolt, a sensation, A BIG FAT PARTY - gonna tell em every young man and hopefully woman needs to come and become the future of the club, encourage them to set the standard. Cant afford the ticket? We'll solve it. Cant stand the travelling? We'll make it easy!

God forgot to give me shame and I'll abuse it the best way I can. I got 300 people to break into an abandonded building to party, I have my flaws, but I can get people in the mood. WAAA!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Having listened to them a lot, I really think R.E.M. are quite overrated. I want to like them, and they do have a couple of tunes, but so many of their songs are near identical.

I'm also baffled why Automatic For The People is seen as such a legendary album. Bar 1/2 songs it's ****ing BLAND and BORING.

There.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Man these things get me hyped about going to Brighton.

I imagine myself coming to Brighton two weeks or so before a game, and once I've got a hunch about the workings of the city, I will place myself on a square with a megaphone (or microphone and portable speaker, we'll see), firing the younger ones up, campaigning to make the upcoming game unique, a youth revolt, a sensation, A BIG FAT PARTY - gonna tell em every young man and hopefully woman needs to come and become the future of the club, encourage them to set the standard. Cant afford the ticket? We'll solve it. Cant stand the travelling? We'll make it easy!

God forgot to give me shame and I'll abuse it the best way I can. I got 300 people to break into an abandonded building to party, I have my flaws, but I can get people in the mood. WAAA!

source.gif

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This is a thread where you can come in and get a football related controversial statement off your chest. Maybe something that you have decided against posting elsewhere in fear of a backlash from other posters. Maybe something you have thought of but there isn't a relevant thread and it would take it of topic. Possibly an unpopular opinion on something that you feel most posters would disagree with. This is the thread to let it out

Having listened to them a lot, I really think R.E.M. are quite overrated. I want to like them, and they do have a couple of tunes, but so many of their songs are near identical.

I'm also baffled why Automatic For The People is seen as such a legendary album. Bar 1/2 songs it's ****ing BLAND and BORING.

There.

Err wrong thread maybe? (Though do agree with you: REM are pony)

SAC

May 21, 2014
Safe standing wont help the atmosphere unless either a singing section is created (it wont as it would be called tinpot) or people are allowed to stand where they like (which I doubt the club will allow).

Probably not controversial but the new fans remind me of Roger Nouveau from the Fast Show.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
People berating Potter and even insinuating he should be let go sooner rather than later are seeing themselves transition to Premier League plastics in front of everyone in real time. If you want him out with 4 months of football played, you should move on to a more established PL club.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bellends who live overseas and never go to games dismiss season ticket holders for their views.

Bellends who have never been to see the Albion play who write to the chief executive with utter drivel.

Not controversial but sounds good.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Gross is one of the most overrated players of the Amex era.

I really dislike our go to "albioooon, albioooon" song. Completely monotonous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You wanted controversial:-

Swanman Speaks For All Albion Fans.

Controversial enough for you?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Have you emailed Paul Barber, rather than 'the club'? He is quite good at respoding to situations like this, especially if you really lay it onwith the details of your history of support.

The pre match stuff needs a rethink, ring of fire prior to kickoff is shite.

You wanted controversial:-

Swanman Speaks For All Albion Fans.

Controversial enough for you?

You really dont get the difference between "some" and "all", do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here