Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 7-9th December

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disagree.....lets see Norwich and Southampton lose and open a gap to the bottom 3

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same.
Then plumped for more candidates between us and the bottom three instead of points difference.

Hence highlighting it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Seriously - that is what VAR is for but you have overturned the ref. Let him have a look and the crowd will know what is going on.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
When I first saw it I said penalty! But I also thought it's not given against big clubs. Obviously, the mancs in blue are not a big club

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fook me how did the ref need VAR to give Utd the penalty?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
When I first saw it I said penalty! But I also thought it's not given against big clubs. Obviously, the mancs in blue are not a big club

It was a clear penalty and overturned a clear error. But let the ref have a look before you hang him out to dry. It might add 30 seconds but in the scheme of VAR, that is a blink of an eye. Presently, it is one ref's opinion overturning another ref's opinion.

Now 0-2. All those hundreds of millions and Citeh's defence is abysmal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It was a clear penalty and overturned a clear error. But let the ref have a look before you hang him out to dry. It might add 30 seconds but in the scheme of VAR, that is a blink of an eye. Presently, it is one ref's opinion overturning another ref's opinion.

If VAR was used for this then I don’t think you would have many against it.

It’s not, that’s why there are people against it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

I have no problem with VAR, but at the moment the decisions are very slow in coming. Give it a couple of seasons and it'll be second nature.
It's actually quite an entertaining game ,this one

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If VAR was used for this then I don’t think you would have many against it.

It’s not, that’s why there are people against it.

But one person's definition of a clear penalty is different from another's. They had a couple of weeks setting the threshold far too low and then went mad and made it far too high. Put the threshold in the middle and if the VAR thinks it exceeds it then invite the on field ref to have a look. It was how it worked elsewhere. If they are worried about overturning their mate then give him the decision himself.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Love Daniel James. Too bad United were quicker on James than Brighton on Potter because him and Trossard on the wings would have been some disgusting sick shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Taxi for Pep and Potter to City? :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Missing Laporte. So they’ll get that well-worn petro$ cheque book out, and spend £100m’s next summer (a star or two this coming January too?). Must be sweet to be a Citeh fan, the owners are always able to outgun Europe’s best.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Missing Laporte. So they’ll get that well-worn petro$ cheque book out, and spend £100m’s next summer (a star or two this coming January too?). Must be sweet to be a Citeh fan, the owners are always able to outgun Europe’s best.

I imagine City fans are leaving their entitled facebook groups in droves.

Much as I wanted them to win I can only smirk at how they are reacting

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

But all that money - they shouldn't be so reliant on one defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here