Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 7-9th December

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just shows however good you are once the confidence goes you’re fecked. That’s when you need to add character and grit

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every time city lose the ball in the United box they are crying for var

Same as some Arsenal cheats on Thursday night. Get on with the game, leave the officials to do their job.

I know VAR is hated on NSC (not by me, in principle), but I love the side benefit of cheating players being unable to get to the VAR ref sitting a hundred miles.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Citeh fans don't like it up 'em.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There was a bottle with a top thrown there, someone could have got injured.

Lighter ban next?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
United's goal area.

brexit-bus_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpiVx42joSuAkZ0bE9ijUnGH28ZiNHzwg9svuZLxrn1U.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This citeh is yours
This citeh is your
10,000 empty seats
Are you f***ing sure?

It’s all quite amusing really except that their failure looks like it might hand liverpool the title this year :down:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On a wider VAR point - am I the only one that finds it bizarre that players have a moan-up at the ref when a VAR decision goes against them? He didn't make the decision, so there's little point having a go at him.

Other than everyone thinking they are the ref and their opinion supercedes the actual referee's, it is, technically, the referee who makes the decision.

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR

"The final decision will always be taken by the on-field referee."

Offsides - before the introduction of VAR, the flag is raised by the linesman and the ref will, usually, act on his say so and blow the whistle and award offside. There were always occasions where the ref would wave the flag away, or maybe have a chat with the linesman and not award the offside (for example, Locadia's goal v Everton last year). The offside is always awarded by the referee - though most of the time he is essentially making the decision the lino tells him to, he does have the authority to overrule him. VAR is the same principle. While he is essentially being guided by the VAR, it is the referee's call.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Other than everyone thinking they are the ref and their opinion supercedes the actual referee's, it is, technically, the referee who makes the decision.

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR

"The final decision will always be taken by the on-field referee."

Offsides - before the introduction of VAR, the flag is raised by the linesman and the ref will, usually, act on his say so and blow the whistle and award offside. There were always occasions where the ref would wave the flag away, or maybe have a chat with the linesman and not award the offside (for example, Locadia's goal v Everton last year). The offside is always awarded by the referee - though most of the time he is essentially making the decision the lino tells him to, he does have the authority to overrule him.
VAR is the same principle. While he is essentially being guided by the VAR, it is the referee's call.

That's why they have the little telly at the side of the pitch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here