Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team/captain for Saturdays game against Leicester

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This is a really tough game for Brighton against a Leicester team that is absolutely flying - it will tell a lot about where Brighton are at the moment. I expect a Leicester win - but we will see what will happen.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
If we can come up with a performance as we did against Spurs, Leicester are beatable. Too much negativity again.

Leicester are a lot better team than Spurs this season - and the type of game Potter is using plays right into Leicester's strengths.

This is a tough ask - and it Brighton come through it then it augurs very well for the rest of the season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Leicester are a lot better team than Spurs this season - and the type of game Potter is using plays right into Leicester's strengths.

This is a tough ask - and it Brighton come through it then it augurs very well for the rest of the season.

Are you saying Potter is naïve?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

I don't think that's true. If we can keep hold of the ball and build from the back we can force their fullbacks back. If they don't we can find space out wide.

Very tough task though, i agree.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No cochrane, or Roberts in the u23 side.

Could be injured for all i know though

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There's a high number of players within our team who have either worn the arm band for their club or country in the past including Ryan, Duffy, Trossard... wouldn't be surprising if Potter gives the armband to Stephens though.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This fixture is a free hit for us.
I'm not reading or hearing from many people that expect us to win.
The pundits and just about everyone else have Leicester winning comfortably to continue the unexpected title challenge.
Hopefully we'll be able to change the script and produce a shock that won't be a shock to those who have been following the Potter revolution.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This fixture is a free hit for us.
I'm not reading or hearing from many people that expect us to win.
The pundits and just about everyone else have Leicester winning comfortably to continue the unexpected title challenge.
Hopefully we'll be able to change the script and produce a shock that won't be a shock to those who have been following the Potter revolution.

I agree to a certain degree and really hope we can get at least a point but am a little cautious that we, the supporters, may think we have a good chance of an upset similar to the feeling we were going to upset Man U last time out. I am afraid they were just too good for us and The Foxes are a lot better team than The Red Devils. Let's hope home advantage proves just that. :clap2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This. ‘Taking it to’ far superior Manure and Citeh led to tears, as far better and fast players tore our low numbers left in defence, with ease. No wonder Guardiola and Hobbit found nice words for us ... must be a delight facing a low budget team who think they can win a pure footballing contest.

Shirley some pragmatism is required in defence, lessons learnt?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
This is a good opportunity to see if Mr Potter has learned anything about playing top teams.

Goodness knows what formation and team he will start with!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is a good opportunity to see if Mr Potter has learned anything about playing top teams.

Goodness knows what formation and team he will start with!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

A middle ground between CH and GPs approach so far would be about right... So far we've gone from one extreme to the other from last season to this in our approach to these games

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A middle ground between CH and GPs approach so far would be about right... So far we've gone from one extreme to the other from last season to this in our approach to these games

Do we see Leandro Trossard as a goal scoring midfielder or a second striker?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Our performance only looked that good because Tottenham were absolutely appalling. Watford would have easily beaten them that day.

Yep. Leicester will be a different kettle of fish compared to spurs that day. They're absolutely flying and have scored bucketloads and conceded 8 all season. Very tough test today - I'm not expecting anything but I'm hoping we give them a good game. Although I said that about our trip to OT the other week

Looking forward to the game though!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Should we bother turning up? State of some of you, grow a backbone!! I hope the players don’t have this attitude.
LCFC have scored more than twice in an EPL game only 3 times this season. +14 of their +21 goals have come in 2 games.
They are in rich form but that can change, Spurs had an off day because they were under par but we harried the f*** out of them and we passed the ball superbly that day.
I agree we need to play very well today to get anything but Leicester are NOT Liverpool or City. I think it will be a close game.

On another note I seriously dislike that scrote Vardy, snide ******, I would not be unhappy if one of ours went through him today (don’t want a red though obv!!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here