[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The Four Great Offices of State are now held by:

The grandson of a Turkish Muslim.
The daughter of Indian-Ugandan Hindus.
The son of Pakistani Muslims.
The son of a Jewish Czech refugee.

That is what Labour espoused, wasn't it? Multicultural?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Julian Smith has been appointed Secretary of State for Northern Ireland

Alister Jack has been appointed Secretary of State for Scotland

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
65823680_133450111228465_1046160657871797517_n.jpg

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
If - as lots of commentators like to say - the Conservatives have turned right, then it's unlikely this government will last that long. With the smallest of majorities, any rightward surge in policies will result in being voted down in Westminster.

And also, if - as lots of commentators like to say - the Labour Party has turned left, then there's a reasonable chance that after the next election we might have a minority Liberal Democrat government. The Liberals - right now - have probably their best chance for a hundred years and this government, when it falls, might make that chance. They can attract centrist Labour and Conservative votes and providing their keep appearing fairly Green and don't serve too much towards either side then I could see them being the largest party in the next Parliament.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Baroness Evans of Bowes Park confirmed as remaining Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Lords

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m putting Duck Soup on when I get home tonight from an all Dayer. Look it up you kids.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’m putting Duck Soup on when I get home tonight from an all Dayer. Look it up you kids.

Maybe it should be a Night at The Opera ? given todays "Investiture " of Sir Boris Cockwomble we can see there " Ain't no Such Thing as a Sanity Clause " ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Esther McVey and Jacob Rees-Mogg are now in No 10. Maybe one will get Commons Leader and one Chief Secretary??

and what of James Cleverly?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We really need Spitting Image back.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rees-Mogg Leader of the House? Is Johnson trying to lose his majority here? How can any moderate Tory stand for this Cabinet. Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here