Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Just posted this on a Gordon Brown thread, which unfortunately is sitting in amongst the binned off stuff.
A journalist captures the zeitgeist.

View attachment 149452

Sadly I can thank Gordon Brown for bus passes and for saving the Scottish referendum result at the last minute (in my opinion).

Dunno what I will ever look back on what Boris has done. The buses are crap and cost a fortune; maybe stopping Terminal 3 at Heathrow but that ain't much.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Politicians tend to lie about the future, the difference with Boris (and Trump) is that they will openly lie about the past and present.

Boris has also been sacked from two very high profile jobs for telling porkies.

Read a few books about it. He is politically very liberal but a complete opportunist. Odd hero for you to have.

He rolled a dice before the referendum and decided to go against Cameron. He was obsessed with Cameron not the EU.

After Brexit as a continuation of his "take advantage of Brexit to be PM" plan, he was discussing with foreign ambassadors he wanted to retain freedom of movement. That didn't work.

This time he has won with the help of the loony right of the Conservative party who voted for him (although they are very politically opposed) because they knew he was popular with the party.

Now it's pay back time and he has been forced to fill his cabinet with them. It's gonna end in tears.

Thatcher would have held him on a tight lead as she did with Archer. A similar character who was very very popular with the members but eventually got found out.

Posted almost 3 years ago. Very well judged :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, the timing may have been slightly out but [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] pretty much called it on day 1 of Johnson’s premiership.

Now, has anyone got a Vesta packet curry they fancy swapping for a tin of out out-of-date corned beef?

Very kind to recall, I'd certainly forgotten about that post. But in fairness, we didn't have to be Nostradamus did we.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last day...

Best of Johnson - He didn't tear up the net zero plans

Worst of Johnson - Illegally proroguing parliament to avoid scrutiny

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports