• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It's the basis of claim I am asking you about, not which virtual league it's in.

Remainers - can any of you tell me how it differs?

Nope. It doesn't. They are the same. Tinpot claim.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
No different than the drivel that came from the other side...no worse than any political issue. Certainly not something that idiots throw money at, just because they're losing.

Questions for you or any remainer:

1. Do you honestly think only the leave side can be accused of untruths or misinformation during the campaign build up to the referendum?

2. At the moment, money is calling the shots trying to re-write and stamp on the result of that referendum. Are you happy to be a part of propping that up?

3. And I ask again as it went very quiet here, can those who confidently called this badly founded rubbish out for being sour grapes and doomed to fail (below), show me the difference between this and the basis of claim/cause of action in the doomed Boris Johnson 'case'?

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...sbrough-taking-legal-action-against-Derby-FFP

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No different than the drivel that came from the other side...no worse than any political issue. Certainly not something that idiots throw money at, just because they're losing.

1. Do you honestly think only the leave side can be accused of untruths or misinformation during the campaign build up to the referendum?

2. At the moment, money is calling the shots trying to re-write and stamp on the result of that referendum. Are you happy to be a part of propping that up?

3. And I ask again as it went very quiet here, can those who confidently called this badly founded rubbish out for being sour grapes and doomed to fail (below), show me the difference between this and the basis of claim/cause of action in the doomed Boris Johnson 'case'?

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...sbrough-taking-legal-action-against-Derby-FFP

"No different"? Seriously? Good grief.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
No different, no. The remain campaign was littered with lies and scaremongering.

The real spot the difference I am still waiting to hear about, is can anyone see the difference between the (more money than legal sense) remainers' desperate and pointless claim, and the very similar basis of plea whereby Middlesbrough intend to take legal action against Derby over FFP?

I don’t think the “lady” is for turning.
Why lady in inverted commas?

Apparently as you can't answer me, I am obviously on the gin. And you think leave voters are stuck in the 1970s!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Relax, this is going down to a referendum

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No different, no. The remain campaign was littered with lies and scaremongering.

The real spot the difference I am still waiting to hear about, is can anyone see the difference between the (more money than legal sense) remainers' desperate and pointless claim, and the very similar basis of plea whereby Middlesbrough intend to take legal action against Derby over FFP?

Why lady in inverted commas?

You seem very obsessed with this previous case you keep linking to (of which I have no knowledge, or interest in), yet you seem to be defending the deliberate act of misleading the public in an attempt to sway a vote.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to say that you condemn such actions.

I also have no knowledge of anyone facing trial for speaking 'drivel' (as you call it). Maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
A 'previous case'? It's a current thread from this forum where people were only too happy to write the claim off as pointless sour grapes.

you seem to be defending the deliberate act of misleading the public in an attempt to sway a vote.
No, there was no deliberate act that was a criminal offence, and the remain side were just as untruthful in trying to sway the vote.

This will not go to another referendum.

Remoaners are deluded if you think you'd get away with pitching a single standpoint of 'remain' against 2 or 3 leave options, to split it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Much was claimed about the future from either side of the debate, but what Boris said was a statement about the present. That's the difference.

And it was bollocks clearly. I'm not sure the judiciary should be getting involved with what politicians say, but interestingly on the news tonight it is rumoured his defence case will rest on the fact he wasn't a "public servant" at the time but in "campaigning" mode.

It's either a lie or he's an idiot.

I've no idea why people fall for it. He wasted millions whilst Mayor of London, was a horrific Foreign secretary and has made some hugely dubious comments that even Rees Mogg would shy away from.

If he does get in he won't be there for long. Tory MPs have 2 levels of self-protection, stay in power and if take fails get out of office and fix the party.

His supporters appear to have embraced the Trump model where they don't actually care whether he tells the truth or not, but like his hair (or something). Next thing they will attacking the judiciary as "traitors" or something.

I'd think they'd be happier under a dictatorship.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A 'previous case'? It's a current thread from this forum where people were only too happy to write the claim off as pointless sour grapes.

No, there was no deliberate act that was a criminal offence, and the remain side were just as untruthful in trying to sway the vote.

This will not go to another referendum.

Remoaners are deluded if you think you'd get away with pitching a single standpoint of 'remain' against 2 or 3 leave options, to split it.

So why is it that this particular action has been seen as a deliberate attempt to mislead? You really dismiss it as just 'drivel'? You can (hand on heart) say that you truly don't believe that anyone was swayed by this falsehood?
Take your Leave head off for a moment and see it for what it is.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
LadySeagull I admire your truths and tenacity. Your legal arguments appear quite sound yet the remainers choose not to address them. The die hard on this thread, Leave or Remain, will not countenance each others views. It is how it is. Remainers are trying to subvert a democracy that has sufficed for hunderds of years. It will all end very ugly on the public level.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
LadySeagull I admire your truths and tenacity. Your legal arguments appear quite sound yet the remainers choose not to address them. The die hard on this thread, Leave or Remain, will not countenance each others views. It is how it is. Remainers are trying to subvert a democracy that has sufficed for hunderds of years. It will all end very ugly on the public level.

How about you, do YOU think it mislead the public in any way?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
So why is it that this particular action has been seen as a deliberate attempt to mislead?
I've already said - money. One side is VERY desperate to throw money at it.

Surely it is obvious, and must make you uncomfortable (surely?) that you are all propping up fat cat business-people with more money than sense. Remoaners have thrown, and continue to throw, desperate wads of money at everything they think might upset the position and ultimately change the vote.

This is part of that 'effort' and this latest utterly pointless attempt at using legal smoke screens to slur one side, makes remainers look plain stupid now.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I've already said - money. One side is VERY desperate to throw money at it.

Surely it is obvious what you are all propping up fat cat business-people with more money than sense. Remoaners have thrown, and continue to throw, desperate wads of money at everything they think might upset the position and ultimately change the vote. This is part of that 'effort' and it makes remainers look plain stupid now.

And, may I say, you are coming across as increasingly irritated and desperate, now. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Remainers are trying to subvert a democracy that has sufficed for hunderds of years.

Our democracy hasn't changed for hundreds of years ? Women getting the vote ?

And how are remainers trying to subvert democracy ? They can't and they haven't.

1) No power over MPs on how they vote on bills in Government.
2) No power on the decision making of a judge re: Boris.

The only reason we haven't left is the Tory party can't decide what leave means. The Tory party was 1-0 and ****ed it up. They've just sacked the manager. End of story.

Boris is a side story. Neither a brexiteer or a remainer, just desperate to be PM. Never got over Cameron getting a higher mark than him at University.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here