Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rory Stewart is the best qualified potential PM. He is well travelled, worldly, culturally aware and multilingual, and has worked harder than all the other candidates who have only worked within their little well paid cozy comfort zones. .

All of this. Which is why he is guaranteed not to get it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Rory Stewart is the best qualified potential PM. He is well travelled, worldly, culturally aware and multilingual, and has worked harder than all the other candidates who have only worked within their little well paid cozy comfort zones. .

And he seems an honest decent bloke, and you listen to him.
Absolutely no chance.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

There's just something a bit... creepy ...about him.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Roderick James Nugent Stewart, son of a Hong Kong diplomat, prep school, then Eton College and reading PSE at Balliol College Oxford. Private tutor to Prince William and Prince Harry. No comfort zones there then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

His blond mullet and leopard skin leggings will count against him though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I could almost vote for him.

No chance - Way too progressive for the Victor Meldrews getting angry behind their Daily Mail's in the shires...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Surely it's Catch 22 for Boris with the public misconduct case. If he knew the £350 million a week was a lie it's public misconduct and,if he claims he didn't know it was a lie, as a Member of the Cabinet at the time, he's not worthy of becoming PM.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Roderick James Nugent Stewart, son of a Hong Kong diplomat, prep school, then Eton College and reading PSE at Balliol College Oxford. Private tutor to Prince William and Prince Harry. No comfort zones there then.

He has travelled Afghanistan the Middle East and Africa. The comfort zone of the other candidates lapping it up in London and Parliament with the odd excursion. Going to Afghanistan and Iraq on a long stay to administrate is certainly not the comfort zone I am talking about and not the one that Boris or any other candidate has been on.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely it's Catch 22 for Boris with the public misconduct case. If he knew the £350 million a week was a lie it's public misconduct and,if he claims he didn't know it was a lie, as a Member of the Cabinet at the time, he's not worthy of becoming PM.

Don't try to analyse the situation too much, Boris has wriggled out of far worse than this. Besides, even with his back history of lies, boasts, deceit and switching allegiances, as soon as he announced he was standing he became the bookies favourite to win. It's a sign of how far the Tories have sunk and how desperate they are that he is even allowed to run.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I know it ain't going to happen but suppose it did and he got put away for 2 years, I mean just how funny would that be.
I'm chuckling just thinking about it he would have plenty of people willing to rough his hair up a bit.

He certainly would need to invest in a soap on a rope, let’s hope it sets a precedent and Blair and Cambell are soon following....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
This latest meritless civil claim aimed at Boris Johnson could have the opposite effect but maybe remainers are too stupid to see that.

Never mind the will of the people, you lose a referendum then let money talk and spend the time throwing your toys out of the pram and wheel out desperate remoaners like Gina Miller then Marcus Ball.

This latest stunt (yes, I know it's been two years stewing in the remain lobby's dreams) is IMHO likely to cause more people to see remoaners as the problem.

Certainly that is how I see it. Is this really the sort of desperate, despotic regime remainers want to live in? Unbelievable.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
This latest meritless civil claim aimed at Boris Johnson could have the opposite effect but maybe remainers are too stupid to see that.

Never mind the will of the people, you lose a referendum then let money talk and spend the time throwing your toys out of the pram and wheel out desperate remoaners like Gina Miller then Marcus Ball.

This latest stunt (yes, I know it's been two years stewing in the remain lobby's dreams) is IMHO likely to cause more people to see remoaners as the problem.

Certainly that is how I see it. Is this really the sort of desperate, despotic regime remainers want to live in? Unbelievable.

Are meritless cases often taken to trial? Do you think that he actually did claim that £350m/week would go to the NHS? Is it true that that amount would, in reality, go to the NHS?
Was it used in no small measure in the Leave campaign?

If any of these are true, it is hardly meritless, and deserves to be investigated and taken to trial in the same way that any of us should expect, should we commit a similar offence.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I keep telling you, remainers are not stupid, you are getting all confused for someone that doesn't like insults.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are meritless cases often taken to trial? Do you think that he actually did claim that £350m/week would go to the NHS? Is it true that that amount would, in reality, go to the NHS?

lots of leaway, intention, semantics, what/who said it etc. the bus is implying spending more on the NHS, not saying spend this amount on the NHS. and so on.

its going to be interesting outcome if he were to lose, politicans would have to sharpen up on the campaign claims.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Was it used in no small measure in the Leave campaign?

If any of these are true, it is hardly meritless, and deserves to be investigated and taken to trial in the same way that any of us should expect, should we commit a similar offence.

Will they be able to hold a leadership election when this is sub-judice? Depending on how long it takes to decide the case, we could have TM still in power next year.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
are meritless cases often taken to trial?

Are you seriously asking that?!

Every day!

You are talking to a person who helps write winning defences for people against meritless civil cases from scammer parking firms every week. Badly pleaded, speculative and utterly meritless cases make up the bread & butter of the court listings up & down the Country day in day out, and without those numbers the Judges wouldn't be able to command the money they do.

This one is also wholly vexatious drivel. It is certainly making remoaners look desperate and yes, stupid.

Don't get over-excited just because a Judge has allowed it to jump the first hoop. Make no mistake, it will crash & burn.

I keep telling you, remainers are not stupid
OK, you are all clever enough to spot the similarities with this case then?

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...sbrough-taking-legal-action-against-Derby-FFP

''waaah, {INSERT NAME HERE} allegedly broke the rules and we lost, so waaah, we'll waste money and time on a pointless civil case because our solicitor {who wants the money and the notoriety/kudos} said we could''...

The phrase 'Sour Grapes' was bandied around that thread. The difference in the basis of the claim is...what, exactly?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Are you seriously asking that?!

Every day!

You are talking to a person who helps write winning defences for people against meritless civil cases from scammer parking firms every week. Badly pleaded, speculative and utterly meritless cases make up the bread & butter of the court listings up & down the Country day in day out, and without those numbers the Judges wouldn't be able to command the money they do.

This one is also wholly vexatious drivel. It is certainly making remoaners look desperate and yes, stupid.

Don't get over-excited just because a Judge has allowed it to jump the first hoop. Make no mistake, it will crash & burn.

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...sbrough-taking-legal-action-against-Derby-FFP

''waaah, {INSERT NAME HERE} allegedly broke the rules and we lost, so waaah, we'll waste money and time on a pointless civil case because our solicitor {who wants the money and the notoriety/kudos} said we could''...

The phrase 'Sour Grapes' was bandied around that thread. The difference in the basis of the claim is...what, exactly?

My advice is stay off the Gin.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I don't drink gin, or anything really. Are you just not capable of listening to a woman and think she must have been drinking?

I ask again:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...inst-Derby-FFP

Well?

It should be easy for you all.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I don't drink gin, or anything really. Are you just not capable of listening to a woman and think she must have been drinking?

I ask again:

Well?

It should be easy for you all.

Not really in the same league, is it? Still if you are convinced that it wasn't a deliberate attempt to mislead the public during a campaign, then I actually feel sorry for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here