• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
81 others who voted in this poll on this thread, agree with me, so although I am outnumbered in the poll, I am far from alone in thinking Boris would be OK as pm.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You gotta love the desperation......

Well the funny thing is, most of us are just sitting back and watching the whole farce play out.

Most of the "interference" has been both Leave and Remain MPs pushing for a damage limitation exercise or a "soft brexit". We could be out by now if not for a very desperate group of hard liners who have a higher agenda than Europe.

They want

1) Longer working hours (Raab on record)
2) Relaxation of food safety laws (Rees Mogg on record)
3) Privatisation of the NHS (Farage on record)
4) Marxist Labour MPs who have always hated Europe and think it gets in the way of nationalisation and state aid.

And this is the crux.

If you voted for the above, that's fine but I suspect you didn't.

The Tory Party has been very slowly strangled by a group of neo-liberal MPs who want to change the direction of the country. It's nothing to do with Sovereignty or Immigration for them, but you need the EU out the way first.

It's not a case of you didn't know what you are voting for, it's a case of them not telling you why they wanted you to vote that way.

That's in my opinion why Parliament (well the Tories) are in deadlock. Sensible Tory MPs don't know where to turn. Allow the UK to become a low regulation tax island or let a Marxist in.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Well the funny thing is, most of us are just sitting back and watching the whole farce play out.
And funnily enough, that describes me to a tee in real life. I am enjoying the drama, the farce, and am quite content as long as we leave in the end. And we will.

It's just here on NSC that I got involved as there was far too much rudeness and accusations of ruining grandchildren's future, not to comment for the leave side.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
In what way ? She challenged something 'despotic' by definition and the judges agreed. Those who think the EU is undemocratic (and bureaucratic) need to have a long look at ours and re-evaluate what is taking back control.

As for throwing money at it - look no further than Aaron Banks.

Stop blaming "others", the only ones to blame are the Tory party. The Europe issue has now ripped them apart three times in my lifetime. If Boris is elected it will rip them apart again.

They need a long time out of office to sort themselves out (again).

Voting Leave with the Tories in power was basically the same as giving drugs to a reformed drug addict and see how "they get on".

I don`t know what Remainers are worried about it won`t happen with majority Remain Parliament including speaker ,when its over you can say you have saved us from ourselves ,well done .

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
That biased, grinning idiot pro-remain speaker Bercow is waaaay out of line and needs removing from his position.

How about someone starts a meritless civil claim against Bercow for misconduct in public office?

Oh wait, that won't happen. Leave voters generally are made up of the ordinary person who doesn't have more money than sense, and have better priorities than having their strings pulled by big business funded by the EU.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
when its over you can say you have saved us from ourselves ,well done .

Neither you or have have any say on what is going on at the moment. If you life to have say regarding the current cluster **** ask for a second referendum.

History will look back and blame those in power who 1) wanted to leave 2) couldn't decide how.

It isn't surprising. Press the EU button and the Tories self destruct. I was a reluctant remainer, I'd never knowingly give my vote to a Tory party to sort our relationship with the EU out.

"Leave" (not you) has ****ed it up. End of story.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
History will look back and blame those in power who 1) wanted to leave 2) couldn't decide how.
IMHO, history will look back from a 'we left' perspective, and wonder at the delay and clusterfoockery, and what everyone was so bloody worried about!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That biased, grinning idiot pro-remain speaker Bercow is waaaay out of line and needs removing from his position.

How about someone starts a meritless civil claim against Bercow for misconduct in public office?

Oh wait, that won't happen. Leave voters generally are made up of the ordinary person who doesn't have more money than sense, and have better priorities than having their strings pulled by big business funded by the EU.

Aaron Banks
Richard Tice
James Dyson
Jim Ratcliffe
Tim Martin
Simon Wolfson
Digby Jones

If you think Leave is all about "people" and "Remain" is all about business think again. There is no one "ordinary person" or one "big business". Each have different motivations and reasons to vote in or out.

You are sounding like millionaire Nigel Farage. The one who has been kept in comfort for £500,000 over the last year by Aaron Banks.

Which "big business" are funded by the EU by the way ? You're now taking a "Corbynista" conspiracy angle and maybe he is your man ?

You understand the paradox ? The MPs screaming "democracy" couldn't give a **** about it. Tied themselves in knots by not even understanding how ours works.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

What misconduct is Bercow guilty of? What lies is there evidence of?
Parliament has its own rules and procedures, and the Speakers job is to make sure politicians abide by them. He or she is elected by all the others, and doesn't have a vote.
If you want to hear from a previous Speaker, who was Labour, listen to Betty Boothroyd. She also speaks a lot of common sense.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Parliament has its own rules and procedures, and the Speakers job is to make sure politicians abide by them. He or she is elected by all the others, and doesn't have a vote.
If you want to hear from a previous Speaker, who was Labour, listen to Betty Boothroyd. She also speaks a lot of common sense.

And that's it.

People screaming about "democracy" and when our creaking one creaks into action, they complain it isn't democratic. I'm sorry that IS OUR DEMOCRACY - but that's what you voted for. Taking back control.

That's the problem with referendum, they simply don't fit in our system. If you have genuinely become an expert on democracy, campaign about changing ours if you don't like it.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Betty Boothroyd spoke sense. She was a decent Speaker, kept everyone fairly in line.

Bercow speaks biased pro-remain shite, grins about it, and oversteps his line. Don't pretend you haven't noticed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Betty Boothroyd spoke sense.

Bercow speaks biased pro-remain shite, grins about it, and oversteps his line. Don't pretend you haven't noticed.

How do you know he has overstepped his line? Are you legally qualified in parliamentary law?
I'm glad you agree with Betty Boothroyd.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At least you’re consistent. Consistently wrong :lol:.

Remainers will look back in a few years and realise how duped they were by project fear. We will do very well outside the EU, once the short-term disruption is ironed out.

Whatever you think I'm consistent at, my comment was in no way a comment about the rights and wrongs of Brexit, it was PURELY a comment about May' s performance in trying to deliver it. So it's you that's wrong.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Baroness Boothroyd brands Corbyn a 'dithering leader' and Johnson a ‘charlatan’

LOL. She might be right! I liked her as a Speaker.

You all know what Bercow did to block a vote and he wriggled out of it, no doubt high fiving remain-supporting MPs in his wake and dining out on it for weeks. He's now decided not to step down and we all know what his agenda is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here