[Football] Who will join us in the PL ? Playoff thread

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Championship play offs

Who do we want to win it?

Villa v WBA
Frank Lampards Derby County v Dirty Leeds.

Baggies currently 1-0 up at Villa Park.

I’m a bit torn, I couldn’t possibly want the Dirties to win, don’t want Rodriquez to finish the season on a high cos of Gaeton Bong, also didn’t think they should have sacked Moore, so WBA is out. Villa would be the biggest threat to us next season, plus, their supporters were complete arsehats when they stopped us winning the league.
So, it looks like I’m going to be rooting for FL’s Derby County, by default.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I fancied Villa and Derby at the beginning of the season, but I rate WBA now.

0-1 and sunny when I started this post, now 2-1 and torrential rain.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It would be nice if Sky’s commentators could bring themselves to say something even vaguely critical of Dwight Gayle.

After being booked for timewasting he’s been rolling around, whining to the ref, faking injury and was extremely lucky not to get sent off.

One misplaced pass and we get “that’s the first thing Gayle has done wrong all game”.

FFS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It would be nice if Sky’s commentators could bring themselves to say something even vaguely critical of Dwight Gayle.

After being booked for timewasting he’s been rolling around, whining to the ref, faking injury and was extremely lucky not to get sent off.

One misplaced pass and we get “that’s the first thing Gayle has done wrong all game”.

FFS

You got your wish as he is sent off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

FFS

He has behaved like a complete idiot. He may have cost his team a place in the Premier league. What a Muppet.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

FFS

You can take the boy out of palace .......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
West Brom should have had a penalty and don’t really see why Gayle was sent off. He pulls out of the challenge, despite the co-comm repeatedly claiming he didn’t. A striker has to go for a ball like that and can’t do more than pull his studs back once he’s got the momentum.

Tough for them now. Don’t care who wins though so not too bothered...

theboybilly

West Brom should have had a penalty and don’t really see why Gayle was sent off. He pulls out of the challenge, despite the co-comm repeatedly claiming he didn’t. A striker has to go for a ball like that and can’t do more than pull his studs back once he’s got the momentum.

Tough for them now. Don’t care who wins though so not too bothered...

Gayle should have walked 5 minutes before, after again trying to con the ref. Bad game management from WBA in not taking him off. Good

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gayle should have walked 5 minutes before, after again trying to con the ref.

Didn't Abraham do the same when he should have conceded the penalty?

All this holding the head/face stuff has really been on the increase and really does piss me off. Pity a ref can't apply a retrospective yellow up to 60 seconds later when the player makes a miraculous recovery

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ah well, a chuckle at John Terry at half time and a chuckle at Jay Rodracist at full time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here