Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to win the Premier League ?

Who do you want to win the Premier League ?

• Liverpool

Votes: 151 61.9%
  • Manchester City

Votes: 93 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Toughie. Liverpool winning is more interesting, they play decent football, I find Klopp to be mostly likeable, and when I don't have a horse in the race, I tend to prefer the underdog, which out of City and Liverpool is unquestionably Liverpool.

That said, Liverpool plastics are often amongst the most unbearable plastics you could wish to meet. So....yeah...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Liverpool, because I have a £40 bet with a city fan (got the Manc accent so not plastic, he's 50 and seen the dark days) and would love to take the money off him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, I know quite a few Scousers, most of them are Reds

I've met loads of Man U fans from the south and, for some reason, quite a few Newcastle fans from the south. I was mistaken though, I just remembered that I do now a Liverpool supporter who comes from Surrey but he doesn't live in the UK any more. He's the only one though, a drop in the ocean compared to the number of plastic Utd and Citeh fans.

Is it that surprising? If you don't support your local team then you're going support a team that wins trophies and Liverpool haven't done that for 30 years.

Most the top 6 plastics I know in Sussex, including many Albion s/t holders, are big on Arsenal. A bunch who live near me get really excited when it comes to dishing out their shared Emirates season tickets.

Another bloke, a 1901 club member (born n bred in Sussex), was an Ipswich fan all throughout our childhood and into his 20’s, then made an about turn when George Graham started with Arsenal winning the LC in 1987. Someone in my family was lifelong Leeds and Albion, until switching to Arsenal when George Graham started delivering trophies. A near neighbour had zero interest in Arsenal until in his 30’s, when some other Arsenal plastics from Hove introduced him to Tony Adams and Steve Bould in a London Park.

One thing worse than a Plastic ... someone who completely changes their ‘main club’ once, or even twice.

I’d never met any Chelsea fans in Brighton, until they started winning stuff under Gullit, then Abramovich. Then miraculously, they came out of the woodwork. Each won claiming they’d been fanatics since Osgood.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I want Liverpool to win it (don't think they will but....). Basically because of this:

Manchester City accounts show Sheikh Mansour has put £1.3bn into club

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ansour?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

And this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/24/who-pays-for-manchester-city-beautiful-game

And basically because the UAE is a complete disgrace but City fans turn a blind eye and lap up the billions lavished on them. The billions which have turned them into a European giant when really they're just an average club with shit support.

You could argue that there's no clean money and that Liverpool have also spent a fortune. But only Chelsea come close to City when it comes to REALLY filthy money turning an average club into a massively successful one.

I guess you can't really fault proper City fans who have supported them through thick and thin. Plus getting one over on their neighbors must be delicious. But anyone else who wants them to win everything needs to have a word with themselves as it's built on money from a really, really horrible regime.

Oh and they're cheats. MASSIVE cheats:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...y-football-leaks-financial-fair-play-breaches

Having said all that, I still hate Man United more. But that's football isn't it. Doesn't have to make sense.

Come on Liverpool.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Who do the plastics support in Sheffield? My own experience was always ManUre.
To be fair, pretty much everyone I know is United or Wednesday. My son knows a few plastics at school who are Chelsea but again, the majority support local teams, or their dad's teams (Rotherham, Bristol City, Derby he even has a Palace mate!).

Best thing is that one of his best mates through cricket is from Tunbridge Wells originally and although his family are all Arsenal, he's Brighton.

Only 13 kids in the South Yorkshire U11 cricket squad last season and two are Albion supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here