Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We have thus far failed this season, cup run aside. we're a point worse off than the same time last year and with current form won't make 40 for the season. THis years form is attrocious, relegation form in spades.

Something needs to change over the summer . . . . whether its forced by relegation or not is a big question no one can answer. It's in out own hands . . . . our own hands which are shaking like a shitting dog!

Then again, we're potentially a couple of wins away from our best-ever top tier finish. :rave:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tell that to Mark McGhee. Tell that to every manager who has been booed by his own fans to the point the owner feels he has no choice but to make a change. Every manager that has looked up and seen empty seats as the fans stay away to force the owners' hands.

Er... We're not the people who fire the incumbent.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Behold, the traditional ‘we’ve lost a game, Hughton out’ thread.

Who’d you replace him with ?

Sorry l'm a tad late with this, but yes you are 100% right. A thread like this was inevitable, but didn't expect it before the game had even ended!

People need to realise that we are punching well above our weight in the Premier League, and have one of the lowest playing bugets. WSe need to realise where we have come from and be grateful for where we are. Believe me, the grass isn't always greener.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
We've got the basics of a good Premier squad. We just need a creative midfielder and a proven striker. Also clearing out Championship fringe players would free up wage bill space.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But in a way we are aren't we? it's threads like this on here, and fans turning against the manager, that can eventually lead to a chairman taking action.

In a way, yes, sometimes. But we don't actually 'pull the trigger' because, like you say, the chairman takes action. They could hold firm (and have done in some cases) and it turns out for the best - but that's up to them.

They appoint, they dismiss – that's the point I was making.

Anyway, I'm firmly Team Hughton and still would be if relegation happened this season.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think people need to be braced for some very harsh, public national criticism if we don't give it a go on Saturday. At the moment it is us who watch it regularly who know we can be a bit boring. But it's our club, and so we appreciate good defence and hard earned points on counter attack or from a set piece.

I suspect the verdict on Saturday will be harsher from the outside and huge audience if we don't at least try and win the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry l'm a tad late with this, but yes you are 100% right. A thread like this was inevitable, but didn't expect it before the game had even ended!

People need to realise that we are punching well above our weight in the Premier League, and have one of the lowest playing bugets. WSe need to realise where we have come from and be grateful for where we are. Believe me, the grass isn't always greener.

The old phrase is trotted out.

You can't allow the past to cloud the future. We are not punching above our weight. We are a solid club with great facilities and a financially sound supporter as chairman. We now need to kick on the fully establish ourselves. To do this we need to move on the likes of Stephens for a better player.

As far Hughton goes I'd keep him but change some of the back room staff.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The old phrase is trotted out.

You can't allow the past to cloud the future. We are not punching above our weight. We are a solid club with great facilities and a financially sound supporter as chairman. We now need to kick on the fully establish ourselves. To do this we need to move on the likes of Stephens for a better player.

As far Hughton goes I'd keep him but change some of the back room staff.

You seem to think that Rome was built in a day. This is only our second ever season at this level, and we will be lucky to even break into the top half of the table, let alone get anywhere near a European place. Maybe it will be that we just become a yo-yo club, alternating between the Premier League and the Championship, but frankly l would be content with that.

Call me a pessimist if you will, but l prefer to call it realism.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You seem to think that Rome was built in a day. This is only our second ever season at this level, and we will be lucky to even break into the top half of the table, let alone get anywhere near a European place. Maybe it will be that we just become a yo-yo club, alternating between the Premier League and the Championship, but frankly l would be content with that.

Call me a pessimist if you will, but l prefer to call it realism.

Do you work for Sky? We were at this level before.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When it was the old First Division yes, football has changed an awful lot since the 1980's though. In those days it was much more of a level playing field, and money wasn't king in the same way that it is now.

But the fact remains, after all as you posted, you have to appreciate where we have come from and history tells us (and my memories) that we've been here before regardless of the name of the league.

And I disagree the playing field was the same as today if a bit muddier back then. We struggled to beat the same teams as now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But the fact remains, after all as you posted, you have to appreciate where we have come from and history tells us (and my memories) that we've been here before regardless of the name of the league.

And I disagree the playing field was the same as today if a bit muddier back then. We struggled to beat the same teams as now.

Have you ever thought that it may simply have been because we weren't good enough? Either way, football way back yonder wasn't awash with the crazy amounts of money that it is these days.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Behold, the traditional ‘we’ve lost a game, Hughton out’ thread.

Who’d you replace him with ?

Only one man can save us.

MoYeSy

6f9539725ba9f375c8accf0bdc913795.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here