Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And, don’t forget Palace fans, bring your scarves!

Attachments

• IMG_6572.png
    IMG_6572.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 93

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think Luton have a decent chance of staying up. From what I've seen of them in the past couple of months they have decent players and a fantastic team ethic. I'd back Forest to stay up, too - but only if they don't get a points deduction (which I admit is a long-shot). Palace will probably scrape together enough points - unless Olise and Eze remain crocked for much of the rest of the season. As for Everton, it is purely down to the points deduction(s). Fortunately for all those teams Burnley and Sheff Utd are absolutely awful, so there's only one relegation place to fill.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if the seemingly endless cycle of Palace getting in to trouble, getting a new manager in to sort things out, rinse and repeat, might finally mess up? If this guy comes in and does a Frank de Boer with less than half the season to go, surely they won't be able to parachute in another fixer?

Then again, he'll probably do fine. Bugger.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I wonder if the seemingly endless cycle of Palace getting in to trouble, getting a new manager in to sort things out, rinse and repeat, might finally mess up? If this guy comes in and does a Frank de Boer with less than half the season to go, surely they won't be able to parachute in another fixer?

Then again, he'll probably do fine. Bugger.
This is the Parish strategy.

Sack the manager and get a new one in for the easy games.
Hope the new manager bounce is good enough to keep them up.

Then ride the good feeling until after the summer transfer window closes, having spent the minimum possible and wait for the cycle to start again.

Glasner has walked away from 2 jobs because the owner hasn't matched his ambition, in the transfer window.
Palace will need strengthening, this summer.

It feels like neither side has done their due diligence on this one.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This sounds ominous before it even begins, he has left both his previous clubs citing lack of ambition and backing. He may have chosen the wrong club if he wants ambition any higher than staying up, which appears to be a Palace mantra :wink:

From the BBC

Champions League qualification was achieved in his second season but Glasner was on the move again, feeling the club did not match his ambition in the transfer market.

Whoops it seems the @Uh_huh_him beat me to it

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This sounds ominous before it even begins, he has left both his previous clubs citing lack of ambition and backing. He may have chosen the wrong club if he wants ambition any higher than staying up, which appears to be a Palace mantra :wink:

From the BBC

Champions League qualification was achieved in his second season but Glasner was on the move again, feeling the club did not match his ambition in the transfer market.

Whoops it seems the @Uh_huh_him beat me to it
Oh I don't know. Rather than ominous, It sounds like it could be a rich new seam of entertainment.

It sounds like Glazza will be pushing Parish for transfers, but Parish won't like it, so it won't happen. There will be hints or forthright complaints from Glazza in the post-match pressers, rumblings of fallings out, possibly at the same time as a relegation dogfight.

Get the popcorn in.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oh I don't know. Rather than ominous, It sounds like it could be a rich new seam of entertainment.

It sounds like Glazza will be pushing Parish for transfers, but Parish won't like it, so it won't happen. There will be hints or forthright complaints from Glazza in the post-match pressers, rumblings of fallings out, possibly at the same time as a relegation dogfight.

Get the popcorn in.
According to Football weekly we wont be hearing rumours and hints.
He'll be talking directly about it in press conferences, if his previous form is to continue.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
According to Football weekly we wont be hearing rumours and hints.
He'll be talking directly about it in press conferences, if his previous form is to continue.
Blimey. This guy doesn't muck about. No closed door meetings then. He tries to force the issue by going public.

I wonder if he has a higher opinion of himself than is warranted? :unsure:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ultras on tour?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hasn’t got a #cpfc but no better place to put this -

The delusion of a Palace fan criticising what another stadium looks like when they play in that cesspool. He doubles down when he compares it to the Amex in a later comment, wait till he sees the drawings for their new stand, his head will explode.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stay classy, Palace.

Crystal Palace have been slammed by angry season ticket holders after the club decided to remove discounts for members of the armed forces and NHS staff without advance notice.

Affected fans, including police officers, nurses and soldiers, are now facing a price rise of up to £300 to renew their seats at Selhurst Park for next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hasn’t got a #cpfc but no better place to put this -

The delusion of a Palace fan criticising what another stadium looks like when they play in that cesspool. He doubles down when he compares it to the Amex in a later comment, wait till he sees the drawings for their new stand, his head will explode.

And, as has been mentioned in a few responses, the stadium looks nothing like the Amex other than the colour of the seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here