Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd like the dullest 0-0 ever, with about 3 attempts max from both sides. A penalty miss a piece would also be great.

If it were possible, I'd like both teams to go down, but my preference would be Everton (just).
So far, so shockingly shite.

Everton really are awful, and there genuinely isn’t one Palace player that would make it into our squad.

Pickford is cr@p as well. How many times does he want to just boot it up the field and back to Palace. Maybe it’s what Dysche wants.

Please let Everton go down.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
The BBC stats for possession don’t look right as it adds up to 100%.

When the ball has been out of play or the pass fails to reach the player as often as it has then the team possession states need to reflect it.

I call the possession as 37% Everton, 31% P***** and 32% No Man’s Land.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I hate to break it to you but De Zerbi is all about vertical football. I'm sure you love it too :lolol:
I'd better go and look it up then!

But at first glance, I can't see any resemblance between our vertical football and the brand of vertical football displayed by Everton and Palace.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'd better go and look it up then!

But at first glance, I can't see any resemblance between our vertical football and the brand of vertical football displayed by Everton and Palace.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for the link, but I was hoping for examples of vertical football in the game I'm watching. With my untrained eye, I just don't see it. From memory (and I may be wrong), I don't recall it used by Leeds when Marsch was there either. If it had worked at Leeds, why isn't Marsch still there?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not so sure you can polish a turd but it’s still a turd. German football experts saying he struggles under pressure and went a bit crazy in Germany lashing out at media, fans and owners which is why he ended up being given marching orders. How is he going to play his high press high wingback style with that squad?

I think this one could be very funny particularly as palace fans are all tugging themselves off over his appointment
I wonder what Olise and Eze will make of the Glasner style of a compact press? Not sure it will suit them.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I hate to break it to you but De Zerbi is all about vertical football. I'm sure you love it too :lolol:
There's vertical football where you play a box formation in midfield to progress the ball whilst maintaining possession, and there's vertical football where you smash it high and far into the sky and fight for it when gravity eventually does its job. The two are not the same, not even similar, although Jesse may not comprehend that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Thanks for the link, but I was hoping for examples of vertical football in the game I'm watching. With my untrained eye, I just don't see it. From memory (and I may be wrong), I don't recall it used by Leeds when Marsch was there either. If it had worked at Leeds, why isn't Marsch still there?
There's vertical football where you play a box formation in midfield to progress the ball whilst maintaining possession, and there's vertical football where you smash it high and far into the sky and fight for it when gravity eventually does its job. The two are not the same, not even similar, although Jesse may not comprehend that.

No idea what he said tonight and I didn't watch the game but I suppose Marsch is up on the principles of vertical football. He didn't do well at Leeds but was obviously highly thought of in the Redbull network. As far as I know his football philosophy is rather different to Dyche's.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No idea what he said tonight and I didn't watch the game but I suppose Marsch is up on the principles of vertical football. He didn't do well at Leeds but was obviously highly thought of in the Redbull network. As far as I know his football philosophy is rather different to Dyche's.
Marsch was a disaster at Leeds, and brought in a dozen mediocre players in the 12 months he was there. Only one, Gnonto, is now delivering for Leeds. If he employed vertical football there, his players didn't listen to him, and results went vertically downwards. Bielsa got results at Leeds by beasting his players. Dyche gets results from drills in set pieces. Marsch talks well but doesn't get results. That is why I couldn't hack him trying to convince people of anything, let alone vertical football, in a truly dreadful Everton Palace game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here