Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd say Glasner is the right appointment at the wrong time. He's going to need to turn things around pretty quickly, he has some quality at his disposal but they have a good number of extremely limited players who might not be up to a change of style .

If they only pick up a few points in their games against Burnley, Luton and forest they will probably need 10 points in what looks like some very tough fixtures.

Personally, I think they'll hit 40 points and be comfortable in the end but it feels a little precarious, they don't really have the luxury of having games to adapt. They'll need a new manager bounce, key players coming back from injuries and a bit of luck.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The sad reality of the premier league is the bottom three teams are just not good enough. Yes Luton have got the odd result at home but can’t see them getting more than early 30s and Palace don’t need much more to beat that. Sadly they’ll be alright because of this.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think he will do alright, worryingly. Parish and co know they've become a bit of a circus recently, so I feel they will give him some time, unless it is an ABSOLUTE car crash.

Although, I feel the battles between him and RDZ could be tasty...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace and Everton are both pony and yet we all know they'll both survive.

The good news from that perspective is that there is every chance one of them goes down next season instead. Leicester, Leeds and Southampton would represent considerably more financial clout and know-how than Burnley, Sheff Utd and (sadly) Luton have offered. I'd love Luton to survive but we all know Everton and Palace will somehow stay up at their expense. Maybe Forest might still go down?

Anyway, no hiding place for crap outfits like Everton and Palace next season. Whisper it quietly but we could all easily be celebrating a Palace relegation in 15 months or so.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Everton needed a win to drag Palace properly into the relegation battle,
Parish's annual replace a manager in time for the winnable games tactic, will give them enough to stay up now.

I will still enjoy Palace getting overly excited about the potential of the new manager, and wait for the banners to reappear next January.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Don’t let last night fool you, both these are dogshit. I dipped in and out of watching this and the quality was championship standard. Dyche has now completed the transformation of turning Everton into Burnley.
As for Pickford, he’s getting worse, England have no chance with this fruitloop in goal. I’m desperate for us to thrash these on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Don’t let last night fool you, both these are dogshit. I dipped in and out of watching this and the quality was championship standard. Dyche has now completed the transformation of turning Everton into Burnley.
As for Pickford, he’s getting worse, England have no chance with this fruitloop in goal. I’m desperate for us to thrash these on Saturday.
I watched the full 90 minutes, and dogshit is being kind.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Oh well, I want Palace to stay up.
Love the rivalry and want that continue in the Prem with the matches, but don’t go along with all the hate.
As for Roy, he’s had a pretty good career and I wish him well in his retirement.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Palace and Everton are both pony and yet we all know they'll both survive.

The good news from that perspective is that there is every chance one of them goes down next season instead. Leicester, Leeds and Southampton would represent considerably more financial clout and know-how than Burnley, Sheff Utd and (sadly) Luton have offered. I'd love Luton to survive but we all know Everton and Palace will somehow stay up at their expense. Maybe Forest might still go down?

Anyway, no hiding place for crap outfits like Everton and Palace next season. Whisper it quietly but we could all easily be celebrating a Palace relegation in 15 months or so.
Aren't you forgetting that Everton have another P & S charge against them that will be heard before the end of the season. Another 10 points and they're bottom.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Luton to stay up.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Regular tax charges on the profits made from selling players.
:shrug: There is a charge to Corporation Tax on football clubs' profits, including those arising from player sales, but "thankfully" BHAFC has (at 30 June 2022, the most recently filed accounts) an accrued £211M of losses to offset before any taxable profit is recognised.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
:shrug: There is a charge to Corporation Tax on football clubs' profits, including those arising from player sales, but "thankfully" BHAFC has (at 30 June 2022, the most recently filed accounts) an accrued £211M of losses to offset before any taxable profit is recognised.
Phew!

(I knew that anyway. I mentioned something that we wouldn’t worry about because of long established off-setting rules to emphasise that we don’t actually have anything to worry about). ;)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My eyes are still hurting today after watching that, last night.

For listeners without access to the internet, here's the bottom seven (Luton have a game in hand):

1708433841103.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, but we all know what's going to happen on Saturday, don't we? :facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I shall predict Oliver Glasner's Palace trajectory through the medium of anagram:

Oral revelings > Snorer village > Groanersville > Overall, resign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here