Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
In fairness though, Man Utd didn't even give him a CAR.

"They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family, and I thought, 'If this doesn’t make me stronger, what will?”

So you see, he's STRONGER now. He's been through hell. Napoli will probably ship over his matt black Bentley, so always remember - "God is Great"

etc.

Woah, did he really say that!?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yup, direct quote.Word for word.
It almost feels wrong mocking a person who has such a scant understanding of life and whose self-importance ensures his super-sized ego is well looked after by feeding his legions of followers childish rubbish like that. Almost.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Excellent 365 article on Palace:

https://www.football365.com/news/crystal-palace-are-locked-in-a-gentle-downward-spiral

The veil for this issue has been provided by Wilfried Zaha. A wildly unpredictable footballer and gifted in all sorts of ways, with him in the side Palace’s subliminal deficiencies haven’t been nearly as noticeable. The complication would come with his sale, though, and not just because of the literal gap it would leave in Hodgson’s team.

Currently, the club are holding out for their £100m asking price. No matter what Zaha’s agent leaks to the media, that’s very fair and genuinely reflective of his importance. However, even if Palace were to receive that amount – which would alleviate some of their wage bill pressure and, obviously, make more funds available – there’s no suggestion that it would be transformative. Even if the £50m received for Wan-Bissaka was factored into the equation, too.

Because it’s not the structure of the club which is inhibiting. It’s not the south London postcode, it’s not Palace’s place in the capital hierarchy, and it’s not their wage structure. Instead, it’s the lack of vision. At a healthier club, one at which today and tomorrow have equal worth, a bumper fee for Zaha would actually represent a great opportunity. A loss initially, but then the chance to restock the squad with players who not only share the burden of the team’s performance more evenly, but who also act as an appreciating bond.

Bournemouth seem to have an objective which extends further than 12 months. Their priority is to avoid relegation, of course, but that’s part of a more circumspect approach. And yet they don’t have any material advantages over Palace. Their stadium is an antique, they’re at a geographical disadvantage, and they have an inferior history; the difference in tone between the two is purely ideological.

Palace have to fix this. They needn’t lunge towards an entirely different footballing philosophy, exposing themselves to the various risks for the sake of a different aesthetic. They do, however, need to question their objective. If a team never really gets better and its recruiting strategy is stuck in maintenance mode, then what – over the long term – is the likely outcome?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yup, direct quote.Word for word.
"They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family, and I thought, 'If this doesn’t make me stronger, what will?”
Wasn't he on £30k a week or so? If he didn't already own a car, couldn't he buy one?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

https://www.football365.com/news/crystal-palace-are-locked-in-a-gentle-downward-spiral

The veil for this issue has been provided by Wilfried Zaha. A wildly unpredictable footballer and gifted in all sorts of ways, with him in the side Palace’s subliminal deficiencies haven’t been nearly as noticeable. The complication would come with his sale, though, and not just because of the literal gap it would leave in Hodgson’s team.

Currently, the club are holding out for their £100m asking price. No matter what Zaha’s agent leaks to the media, that’s very fair and genuinely reflective of his importance. However, even if Palace were to receive that amount – which would alleviate some of their wage bill pressure and, obviously, make more funds available – there’s no suggestion that it would be transformative. Even if the £50m received for Wan-Bissaka was factored into the equation, too.

Because it’s not the structure of the club which is inhibiting. It’s not the south London postcode, it’s not Palace’s place in the capital hierarchy, and it’s not their wage structure. Instead, it’s the lack of vision. At a healthier club, one at which today and tomorrow have equal worth, a bumper fee for Zaha would actually represent a great opportunity. A loss initially, but then the chance to restock the squad with players who not only share the burden of the team’s performance more evenly, but who also act as an appreciating bond.

Bournemouth seem to have an objective which extends further than 12 months. Their priority is to avoid relegation, of course, but that’s part of a more circumspect approach. And yet they don’t have any material advantages over Palace. Their stadium is an antique, they’re at a geographical disadvantage, and they have an inferior history; the difference in tone between the two is purely ideological.

Palace have to fix this. They needn’t lunge towards an entirely different footballing philosophy, exposing themselves to the various risks for the sake of a different aesthetic. They do, however, need to question their objective. If a team never really gets better and its recruiting strategy is stuck in maintenance mode, then what – over the long term – is the likely outcome?

.....relegation, administration, rinse and repeat at a wild guess.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

But what about the new super stand, which makes Tottenham’s ground look shit and the Amex positively pony? Isn’t that due for completion this week, in time for the new season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is it this season the HF move behind the goal?

Smart move. When Benteke is lining up a shot you're far safer behind the goal than by the corner flag.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Trivialising mental health because he didn't get a car? Pathetic.

More so than stating his situation was "Hell" and had he received a car, it would have been better? Hardly.

The prat doesn't deserve to have the privilege he has.
Zaha is a prize tool but I stop short wishing broken legs on people.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Zaha watch 2019/20

What a pathetic piece of shit; I just read the real quotes "People think being rich makes it easier" - the guy tries to claim material goods doesn't make it any better. But whinges about not getting a car?

I hope he breaks a leg and ends his career.

Solly! [emoji47]

He is a knob though, but just hope he fails for the next 10 years......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here