Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Excellent 365 article on Palace:

https://www.football365.com/news/crystal-palace-are-locked-in-a-gentle-downward-spiral

The veil for this issue has been provided by Wilfried Zaha. A wildly unpredictable footballer and gifted in all sorts of ways, with him in the side Palace’s subliminal deficiencies haven’t been nearly as noticeable. The complication would come with his sale, though, and not just because of the literal gap it would leave in Hodgson’s team.

Currently, the club are holding out for their £100m asking price. No matter what Zaha’s agent leaks to the media, that’s very fair and genuinely reflective of his importance. However, even if Palace were to receive that amount – which would alleviate some of their wage bill pressure and, obviously, make more funds available – there’s no suggestion that it would be transformative. Even if the £50m received for Wan-Bissaka was factored into the equation, too.

Because it’s not the structure of the club which is inhibiting. It’s not the south London postcode, it’s not Palace’s place in the capital hierarchy, and it’s not their wage structure. Instead, it’s the lack of vision. At a healthier club, one at which today and tomorrow have equal worth, a bumper fee for Zaha would actually represent a great opportunity. A loss initially, but then the chance to restock the squad with players who not only share the burden of the team’s performance more evenly, but who also act as an appreciating bond.

Bournemouth seem to have an objective which extends further than 12 months. Their priority is to avoid relegation, of course, but that’s part of a more circumspect approach. And yet they don’t have any material advantages over Palace. Their stadium is an antique, they’re at a geographical disadvantage, and they have an inferior history; the difference in tone between the two is purely ideological.

Palace have to fix this. They needn’t lunge towards an entirely different footballing philosophy, exposing themselves to the various risks for the sake of a different aesthetic. They do, however, need to question their objective. If a team never really gets better and its recruiting strategy is stuck in maintenance mode, then what – over the long term – is the likely outcome?

This is a pretty good post and not far wrong TBF

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What a pathetic piece of shit; I just read the real quotes "People think being rich makes it easier" - the guy tries to claim material goods doesn't make it any better. But whinges about not getting a car?

I hope he breaks a leg and ends his career.

Reported .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Reported .

Whilst I don't condone the post in the slightest, I do find it ironic that you're the one to report it, given the amount of tripe you spout on here.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
wrongly shouting "racist" repeatedly, and now screaming for a policeman,

you get sadder day by day, have a word with yourself, ffs :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

The pathetic shower of shite excuses for moderators still allow him posting rights so expect it to continue indefinitely.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In fairness though, Man Utd didn't even give him a CAR.

"They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family, and I thought, 'If this doesn’t make me stronger, what will?”

So you see, he's STRONGER now. He's been through hell. Napoli will probably ship over his matt black Bentley, so always remember - "God is Great"

etc.

Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a pathetic piece of shit; I just read the real quotes "People think being rich makes it easier" - the guy tries to claim material goods doesn't make it any better. But whinges about not getting a car?

I hope he breaks a leg and ends his career.

You have to bear in mind that this is a man who has also said he considers himself the 3rd best player in the world, only behind Messi and Ronaldo. He's a bit of a loon.

Wouldn't wish the broken leg on him though. He's too funny to watch for that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent article. Thanks. Puts the finger on the issue with Palarse and their constant short term fix.

Can't help but compare to ourselves and the way TB and PB run the club. Polar opposites. The quick fix (which can only last so long, vs the long term stable investment).

You'd think when we get them in our rear view mirror, they'll be there for a very long time.
Making it so fookin frustrating that they still can give us the stink-eye.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Excellent 365 article on Palace:

https://www.football365.com/news/crystal-palace-are-locked-in-a-gentle-downward-spiral

The veil for this issue has been provided by Wilfried Zaha. A wildly unpredictable footballer and gifted in all sorts of ways, with him in the side Palace’s subliminal deficiencies haven’t been nearly as noticeable. The complication would come with his sale, though, and not just because of the literal gap it would leave in Hodgson’s team.

Currently, the club are holding out for their £100m asking price. No matter what Zaha’s agent leaks to the media, that’s very fair and genuinely reflective of his importance. However, even if Palace were to receive that amount – which would alleviate some of their wage bill pressure and, obviously, make more funds available – there’s no suggestion that it would be transformative. Even if the £50m received for Wan-Bissaka was factored into the equation, too.

Because it’s not the structure of the club which is inhibiting. It’s not the south London postcode, it’s not Palace’s place in the capital hierarchy, and it’s not their wage structure. Instead, it’s the lack of vision. At a healthier club, one at which today and tomorrow have equal worth, a bumper fee for Zaha would actually represent a great opportunity. A loss initially, but then the chance to restock the squad with players who not only share the burden of the team’s performance more evenly, but who also act as an appreciating bond.

Excellent article? It's full of doom and dark clouds on the horizon before the inevitable apocalyptic downward vortex of bankruptcy and despair. Yep, it works for me!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Similar sentiments to your fans mocking Gerry Ryan’s broken leg.

Not nice is it.

I get what you're saying but there is a very real difference: Ryan had his career ended in real life whereas Solly wished something might happen on an internet forum. They collectively glory in Ryan's misfortune to this day. Solly was roundly criticised on here.

Effing mods need to show some backbone and sort out the heshe troll. And others. Especially the wanker who thought he was being called a liar when he was being called a cretin. They deal in faux outrage, whataboutery, deflection, misinformation and misrepresentation while sucking the life out of threads ... get rid of the whole ****ing lot of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here