Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Go on then, what in his post has upset you so much, I guess you support all the twitter trolls as well so long as they support your team
I don't use twitter. This is the only form of social media I use.
I wouldn't say I'm upset. I get peed off that this guy (or girl) has a well recognised habit of only appearing when Palace wins to come on here crowing only to disappear for months at a time, sometimes, when they are going through a poor patch.
This is the guy who also tried to make out another NSC user was being racist when saying there were enough fried chicken outlets in South London at the time Murray and Parish were venturing into business. An accusation he never retracted and the mods, again, let him get away with it unchecked.
Compare this to Mr Putdown, for example, who in the main is a decent Palace poster on here come rain or shine
You could say I should put it on ignore but mods seem to ban other NSC users for trolling without any requests yet this one appears to be bulletproof for whatever reason. I suspect he is a mods spoof account being oh so hilarious.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wouldn't say I'm upset. I get peed off that this guy (or girl) has a well recognised habit of only appearing when Palace wins to come on here crowing only to disappear for months at a time, sometimes, when they are going through a poor patch.
This is the guy who also tried to make out another NSC user was being racist when saying there were enough fried chicken outlets in South London at the time Murray and Parish were venturing into business. An accusation he never retracted and the mods, again, let him get away with it unchecked.
Compare this to Mr Putdown, for example, who in the main is a decent Palace poster on here come rain or shine
You could say I should put it on ignore but mods seem to ban other NSC users for trolling without any requests yet this one appears to be bulletproof for whatever reason. I suspect he is a mods spoof account being oh so hilarious.

I mean let’s be honest. There’s every reason to suspect a comment about fried chicken has racist undertones about it, especially in the context it was used.

Also if people don’t want a Palace fan to troll on here then maybe the same gaggle of idiots shouldn’t form an orderly queue to bite every single time he posts. If people ignored him he’d get bored and stop coming on here.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Always seems a reasonable poster to me despite his allegencies

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Always seems a reasonable poster to me despite his allegencies

100%. The vitriol on here is quite staggering where Dougie is concerned, never understood or related to it, as much as I cant stand Palace, as he/she is always a reasonable poster, from what I’ve read anyway.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Can't stand his diving (which incidentally got them promoted to the premier league), but it's right to say that if we had Zaha then we would be nowhere near the bottom 4. How palace were not forced to sell in when they went bust (again) I have never worked out.

Mainly because that was 2009/10 and Zaha would have been 15 at that time

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Seem a few of our posters are a bit tied and irritable this morning, seems like a completely reasonable post to me, on a thread about a Palace player, some sad people need to get a life I think

Talking off getting a life,what's your view of a person who has posted over 5000 times on a fans forum for another club?

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Mainly because that was 2009/10 and Zaha would have been 15 at that time

I am pretty certain you are not correct. I definitely remember that Zaha was a very good player before their insolvency, they didn't sell him and got promoted with him falling over in the area shortly afterwards. I remember this because I was thinking at the time, how come palace have been insolvent twice, but still kept Selhurst, and a player like Zaha. Albion didn't even go bust but we had the Goldstone sold and ground shared at Gillingham. Either way, I wish we had him at the Albion.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am pretty certain you are not correct. I definitely remember that Zaha was a very good player before their insolvency, they didn't sell him and got promoted with him falling over in the area shortly afterwards. I remember this because I was thinking at the time, how come palace have been insolvent twice, but still kept Selhurst, and a player like Zaha. Albion didn't even go bust but we had the Goldstone sold and ground shared at Gillingham. Either way, I wish we had him at the Albion.

CPFC have been placed in receivership twice, which as you know is vastly different to insolvency, once in 1999 when Goldberg ran out of pretend money and in 2009 when some dodgy loan company called in 4.5 million owed by Simon jordon in 2009 at that time Zaha was 15.

But as you rightly mentioned a team like palace are very lucky to have him still.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
****ing hell it’s embarrassing how they go missing for months then turn up when they fluke another turgid football win. Their ‘home performance’ against us was the most embarrassing I’ve ever seen in the premier league. To go into a derby and not play football and show how far behind us they are means everything else is just irrelevant. **** watching that every week they’re absolute anti football turgid shite. And yes, cheated twice to get where they are so all attempts to gloat are just nul and void forever - lose/lose :ffsparr:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
****ing hell it’s embarrassing how they go missing for months then turn up when they fluke another turgid football win. Their ‘home performance’ against us was the most embarrassing I’ve ever seen in the premier league. To go into a derby and not play football and show how far behind us they are means everything else is just irrelevant. **** watching that every week they’re absolute anti football turgid shite. And yes, cheated twice to get where they are so all attempts to gloat are just nul and void forever - lose/lose :ffsparr:

Welcome back Sheebo, got over your hissy fit ? :clap:

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
CPFC have been placed in receivership twice, which as you know is vastly different to insolvency, once in 1999 when Goldberg ran out of pretend money and in 2009 when some dodgy loan company called in 4.5 million owed by Simon jordon in 2009 at that time Zaha was 15.

But as you rightly mentioned a team like palace are very lucky to have him still.

When did they come out of receivership, (which means that palace couldn't meet their financial commitments and were insolvent but with a chance of avoiding being wound up). Had Zaha broken into the first team when they left receivership? If he hadn't then my memory is playing tricks, because I am sure he was rated before he spent a season diving for penalties to get palace promoted.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
When did they come out of receivership, (which means that palace couldn't meet their financial commitments and were insolvent but with a chance of avoiding being wound up). Had Zaha broken into the first team when they left receivership? If he hadn't then my memory is playing tricks, because I am sure he was rated before he spent a season diving for penalties to get palace promoted.

He made his debut whilst we were in administration, but became part of the first team squad in the 2010/11 season, when Parish and Co took over.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
He made his debut whilst we were in administration, but became part of the first team squad in the 2010/11 season, when Parish and Co took over.

And was he rated during receivership, or is my memory playing tricks? Either way, it goes to show how unlucky the Albion were, losing a ground and ground sharing with Gillingham when clubs like palace and pompey can go into receivership, and keep both their ground and players. All pretty much worked out in the end tho' and it was an adventure that I'm pleased we undertook (with bucket loads of hindsight).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And was he rated during receivership, or is my memory playing tricks? Either way, it goes to show how unlucky the Albion were, losing a ground and ground sharing with Gillingham when clubs like palace and pompey can go into receivership, and keep both their ground and players. All pretty much worked out in the end tho' and it was an adventure that I'm pleased we undertook (with bucket loads of hindsight).

It’s why the huge majority of football fans don’t see the likes of Palace and MK Dons as real football clubs - so any ‘achievement’ on the pitch is void. Saw a poll that suggested 89% of season ticket holders at football clubs consider CPFC2010 and MK Dons as cheats and irrelevant - 67% said they should be cut from the football league - fascinating stuff.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s why the huge majority of football fans don’t see the likes of Palace and MK Dons as real football clubs - so any ‘achievement’ on the pitch is void. Saw a poll that suggested 89% of season ticket holders at football clubs consider CPFC2010 and MK Dons as cheats and irrelevant - 67% said they should be cut from the football league - fascinating stuff.

I would have thought out of the 50 odd clubs that have been in administration Leicester are really the only club that really did cheat and a couple of years later won the title... but anyway at the time selling Zaha wasn’t even thought about as he had only a hand full of appearances asa 18 year old.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

No he wasnt rated, our manager at the time Paul Hart had him on the bench a few times to make up the numbers.
We lost a very good player in Victor Moses to Wigan, for a relative low fee, and our manager Neil Warnock left to go to QPR.
We didnt own Selhurst at that time, when Parish brought the Club out of administration in 2010, he brought Selhurst as well, due largely to fan protests and actions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would have thought out of the 50 odd clubs that have been in administration Leicester are really the only club that really did cheat and a couple of years later won the title... but anyway at the time selling Zaha wasn’t even thought about as he had only a hand full of appearances asa 18 year old.

I don’t make the polls up mate :shrug: :clap2::kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here