[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Do you really believe that ? or have you just snatched out of the air...lets be honest you know no more than anyone else on a internet football forum. Just saying random things doesn't mean they are true.

I dont mean to be rude but I hate this saying things on the internet football forums or twitter, facebook or what ever with no form of proof, its words for the sake of making people feel better / worse, its one of the things thats gone terrible wrong with people.

Have you read the away end on the BBS? That is just made up bullsh8t passed off as the truth. They will tell you that day does not come after night, the sky isn't actually blue, and the grass is not green even when you post links to facts.

Strange lot really.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Have you read the away end on the BBS? That is just made up bullsh8t passed off as the truth. They will tell you that day does not come after night, the sky isn't actually blue, and the grass is not green even when you post links to facts.

Strange lot really.

I very rarely believe anything I read on football forums unless there is proof or it has actually happened ( and even then I need to see it with my own eyes)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I get what you're saying [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION]

For example, it's a bit like saying, "The money for the new stand is ring-fenced and construction will commence in 2018."

That kind of thing?

"5YP" anyone? Any other famous Palace statements that never became reality?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I'm feeling quite optimistic about this. Wolves got rid of Nuno because he'd completely lost his way at Molineux, but now he's off to Selhurst to try to create a team out of nothing, changing an ultra-pragmatic outfit into an all-out attacking side overnight. Oh, and keeping Mr Tumble happy after another failed attempt to join Arsenal.

I'll give it three months tops, more likely eight games, in the de Boer mould, with big Sam or Pards back there firefighting by October.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why? I am not saying its a Brighton or Palace thing just people in general...its a modern thing to just say something and expect people to nod their heads in agreement without looking for proof.

Take Trump and Johnson as two examples of people who just say things without proof.

I have no objections of people saying things if its true and can be proved. Have a joke or be sarcastic but dont say untruths surly thats not hard.

You could say " I bet Palace are paying him loads of money" not stuff like " I heard from my dustman that Palace are paying loads of money and thats why he is going there" thats just silly.
Top post.

Are you sure you're a palace fan? Have you had tests done?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Do you really believe that ? or have you just snatched out of the air...lets be honest you know no more than anyone else on a internet football forum. Just saying random things doesn't mean they are true.

I dont mean to be rude but I hate this saying things on the internet football forums or twitter, facebook or what ever with no form of proof, its words for the sake of making people feel better / worse, its one of the things thats gone terrible wrong with people.

:tantrum::tantrum:

You don't have to be here. You can go play on your own boards if you are getting all upset and precious by the comments here.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
In fairness I was wondering why he would choose Palace if Everton were also interested in recruiting him.
Although if I were an Everton fan I would prefer the rather more exciting and attack minded Lille manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They reckon Cooper or Dyche are now targets.

Fourth choice for the palace job - how's that going to taste?

Far be it for me to fuel our deranged wing of Potter acolytes.
But can you imagine the difficulty the Albion would have in replacing GPott?

"All we can offer you is:-

An average squad age of 25.
Most contracted for at least 2 more seasons.
Internationals throughout the first team and bench.
Internationally recognised under 18 and under 23's playing in their top division.
A solid management structure above, who wants you.
The stadium.
The training complex.

Is there anything else we can tempt you with?"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably realised they'd need to funnel hundreds of millions to Jorge Mendez every transfer window and thought better of it.

Or maybe to appease the fans before going for a Cooper or Dyche. Really can't see Dyche going unless they offer him the job before properly talking to him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get what you're saying @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=13734" target="_blank">loz</a></u>

For example, it's a bit like saying, "The money for the new stand is ring-fenced and construction will commence in 2018."

That kind of thing?

Be fair in the glossy promo video it clearly states "Late 2018"

Meaning they've only had two and a half years to build it.
Not the three and a half years that could be misconstrued as.

Look it says so right here in the video they posted 17th December 2017, four and a half years ago:-

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Probably realised they'd need to funnel hundreds of millions to Jorge Mendez every transfer window and thought better of it.

Or maybe to appease the fans before going for a Cooper or Dyche. Really can't see Dyche going unless they offer him the job before properly talking to him

Wolves recent success was certainly achieved mostly by buying very good players for large sums rather than developing young talent. Mostly through Mendez who I'm sure will be very happy to churn his Portuguese clients for another 15%.
I reckon Palace may have swerved a costly episode in employing Nuno. They clearly weren't prepared to overspend.

Someone with a proven record of developing youngsters from within their own academy plus recruiting some low cost overseas stars has to be their way forward.
The breaking point comes when Parish succumbs to fan pressure if they are in the relegation zone come November.

I reckon they will end up with someone who hasn't even been mentioned yet.

Dec 17, 2015
Wolves recent success was certainly achieved mostly by buying very good players for large sums rather than developing young talent. Mostly through Mendez who I'm sure will be very happy to churn his Portuguese clients for another 15%.
I reckon Palace may have swerved a costly episode in employing Nuno. They clearly weren't prepared to overspend.

Someone with a proven record of developing youngsters from within their own academy plus recruiting some low cost overseas stars has to be their way forward.
The breaking point comes when Parish succumbs to fan pressure if they are in the relegation zone come November.

I reckon they will end up with someone who hasn't even been mentioned yet.

Nailed it, good post.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness I was wondering why he would choose Palace if Everton were also interested in recruiting him.
Although if I were an Everton fan I would prefer the rather more exciting and attack minded Lille manager.

He's probably simply used Palace as leverage to get the Everton job. Both parties made it well known they were close to a deal, then all of a sudden it stalls because he's "increased his demands". Everton come in at the last minute to gazump it.

Nuno to Palace NEVER looked like a good fit, his stock is still far too high for the likes of them.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Holmesdale site really is a treat at present. They thought it was nailed on Nuno would go, and now they feel that they’ve been played. Nuno to Everton, lampard to Palace&#55357;&#56834;

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He's probably simply used Palace as leverage to get the Everton job. Both parties made it well known they were close to a deal, then all of a sudden it stalls because he's "increased his demands". Everton come in at the last minute to gazump it.

Nuno to Palace NEVER looked like a good fit, his stock is still far too high for the likes of them.

Its such a shame... some of their fans saying not only have they got Nuno but they have ensured Potter will go to Everton.... They really are a special breed up there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports