Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sadly, I think the buffoon will continue to make himself a player in the news. All the time he's alive and kicking, people will support him and therefore the media will cover him. Some to throw as much ridicule at him as possible, others to blindly defend anything and everything that comes out of his mouth. No matter how stupid, ill-informed or wrong it is. [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think this fails to take into account the mean spirited vindictiveness of Trump. If he's not impeached and prevented from running for president I can definitely see him mounting a challenge, not least because it's highly profitable for him, but also to hit back at his enemies both real and imahgined.
If he fails at least one of his offspring will try to take up the torch, and there's plenty of Republicans who will seek to co-opt his legacy either opportunistically or for ideological reasons.

Sadly i think he will continue to cast a shadow over US politics for years to come like some malevolent tower of orange turd

I think it's BECAUSE of that character trait – and the way he conducted himself in his last days (Brilliant account here: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/20/last-days-of-donald-trump-459751) – that Republicans will side with the democrats and impeach him. Therefore, he won't be able to run. Even if that doesn't happen, I don't think he'll run for president again – his ego couldn't take it and I don't think the republicans will want to touch him – or any member of his family. If he starts a new party, that would split the vote from the 'right' and he'd stand even less of a chance, getting in.

I'm not sure how profitable it would be, either. Unless he approaches a load of donors, promises something and then doesn't go through with it – a bit like the grift to get money from his cult followers to fight the 'voter fraud'. Campaigns cost mega bucks – and, from what we've seen from other people, banks and other organisations, he doesn't seem to have a lot.

I think he'll TRY and stay relevant – long, rambling phone calls to his stooges at Fox and Friends in the mornings and a guest on Hannity – but I think even those people will become tired of his 'alternative facts' soon enough.

Funny bloke.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
He’s toxic after the storming of the Capitol building. All major sponsors have distanced themselves and his businesses will be severely effected in the coming years as he will not be able to finance them on tick as he has done in the past. Sure he will have followers who buy into the QAnon nonsense he promotes but that shrinking base is not going to get him back where he was.
His only option is to lead another insurrection, or civil war. I think a lot of conservatives have moved away from him and his brand and he will spilt the Republican Party. As someone once said everything he touches dies.
Can’t see his children having the charisma to take over his mantle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We haven't had an 'incitement to insurrection' trial in living memory.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about "Trump's Rebellion". There's got to be tapes.

Are they going to let Trumps call to the republican governor of Georgia stay " On the Books" as it were ? That call where he said " Look I just need you to find me 11,000 votes.... you can say you recalculated "

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Read a few articles and the general consensus is that many Republican Senators and would love to see him impeached but don't want to be seen wielding the knife just in case dome of his fruit loops come after them with shooters.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Read a few articles and the general consensus is that many Republican Senators and would love to see him impeached but don't want to be seen wielding the knife just in case dome of his fruit loops come after them with shooters.

Yes, sadly the chances of finding 17 Republican senators with the backbone to vote what they actually think is low. A guilty but not guilty verdict coming - most voting guilty but not enough to convict.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know it won't happen, but I don't want this mans name to remain newsworthy. I'd love for this thread to be closed and for NSC to do a small part in consigning this man to political history.

I think the thread title should change to something like the Trump Crime Sheet as all the law suits and impeachments take place. We should consign him to history once ALL the lies, deceit, criminality and racism have been exposed and shown to the full gaze of the world.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's his kids that will keep Trumpism going. They'll be around for decades. It's now the family business.

Ivanka has talent, by accounts, but also moderating Trump. would that appeal to the Trump base? the sons dont seem to have the charisma or talent, just be rabble rousers. they'll try at politics, fail, and fall into reality TV .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, 5 or 6 will but a lot will hide behind pretensions of unity or fair process to let him off

They’ve already started the ‘lack of fair process’ BS by attempting to delay the trial so that Trump is given a chance to get his ducks in order; sadly it’s Mitch McConnell leading this particular cause.

There is a chance for the Republican Party to cleanse itself of Trump with a guilty verdict and subsequent vote to cut off all of Trump’s privileges including the right to stand again.

However, would this also kill off Trumpism? It’s a gamble but the GOP could be reinvented in 4 years time without Trump, they’d need to decapitate the monster quickly though and hope that his supporters are as forgiving to them as they are to Trump for being sexist, stupid & racist etc.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ivanka has talent, by accounts, but also moderating Trump. would that appeal to the Trump base? the sons dont seem to have the charisma or talent, just be rabble rousers. they'll try at politics, fail, and fall into reality TV .

I'm waiting for Tiffany to come out for the Democrats.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nice to see Biden not risking including Trump in security briefings, a courtesy sitting presidents normally extend to past presidents.

Trump getting even more marginalized that he already is, apart of course from some of the morons in the GOP hierarchy that still suck up to him and his so called 'base'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here