Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
When Trump was elected I thought he would be a target for some crazed nutter but Trump was far to smart for that he was probably the smartest president ever by ensuring that all crazed nutters were his supporters, in fact it possibly makes the new President more of a target of course I hope that's not the case

The same thing occurred to me recently. There are extremists on both sides but centrist/left wing people probably don't tend to assassinate opposition leaders whereas far right, hate fueled nutters may do.

I have absolutely no evidence to back that up...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well he has gone and hopefully, if impeached, never to return.
Anyway, I wonder if anyone else like me has a ' holiday in the pot' to America.
I was allowed to put in on hold by the holiday company.
Obviously I wont go until Covid goes away but I also have the worry of what America will be like post Trump.
Its not a silly question because a lot of his supporters are dangerous mentalists.
Together with Covid and Trump I'm thinking I will nit go for the foreseeable future and I do not know how long it will be held for or if i can swop it for another country.
Not sure I want to go there now anyway 70 million Trump fans let loose is a concern.

:facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The same thing occurred to me recently. There are extremists on both sides but centrist/left wing people probably don't tend to assassinate opposition leaders whereas far right, hate fueled nutters may do.

I have absolutely no evidence to back that up...

Jo Cox MP, was murdered by a right wing nutter, police say that they have prevented several other right wing plots in recent years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[tweet]1351915114149113857[/tweet]

Straight out of Farage's playbook. It's almost like they have the same contacts.

This was widely predicted, as was that of a new Alt Right Trump TV fake news station and social media platform.

No problem, at least 20% of Republican voters have had enough of the Trump’s. Dividing the vote.

Plus the Democrats now need to enfranchise the 10’s millions of other ethnic, poor who still do not vote. This should be a party priority over the next 3 plus years. Demographics long term goes against the Republicans, non-hispanic whites are steadily falling as a proportion of the US population. 69% in 2000, 60% now.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
NAFTA trade deal - The trade deal his administration made with Mexico and Canada came with the caveat that Mexico would overhaul its labor laws. They did so, and part of the new set of laws that just passed gave Mexican workers the right to collective bargaining. Previously NAFTA helped keep unionization out of Mexico as U.S. companies sought cheap labor there. The new deal, USMCA, seeks to de-incentivize moving jobs beyond the southern border by improving the lot of Mexican workers.

Guaranteeing HBC's financial stability for years to come.

First Step Act

Americans With Disabilities Act

Speeding Up Generic Drug Approval

Doubling the Standard tax Deductions

AIDs/HIV plan

Restoring Due Process on College Campuses

I look back and think if they hadn't hounded him from even before he got into office and played personality politics over coming up with better policies for four years it might not have ended this way.

They just couldn't handle it that their puppet Hilary was beaten.

The problem there is you are giving Trump all the credit for these positives and not his party.

I know his family now believe that he IS the Republican party but that hasn't been the case for the last 4 years.

Trump has just been the front man for the party and a pretty shit one too.

I don't understand how anyone can defend him, as a person, as a human being - whatever good works he may have been figure head for!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Well that’s the republican vote split ... Democrats will be pissing themselves laughing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It may well be the deciding factor in those Senate Republicans who are against him voting to impeach. That would mean that he couldn't stand again and I can't see any of his family or close contacts being electable or as supportable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well that’s the republican vote split ... Democrats will be pissing themselves laughing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Democrats, in this case, may not be as enthusiastic to impeach him. A new party is almost certainly doomed without that **** as its leader. It may prove expedient to let him carry on politically.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It may well be the deciding factor in those Senate Republicans who are against him voting to impeach. That would mean that he couldn't stand again and I can't see any of his family or close contacts being electable or as supportable.

His equally Alt Right kids have their sights set on power.

A split right wing keeps them from ever getting near the White House.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

However as I pointed out, it may encourage another view entirely from the Democrats.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I've been catching up on this thread for about 15 minutes, and throughout i have been fighting off the urge to post, for no reason, an image of a Trump-like potato. Eventually the urge became all-consuming and thankfully the wonderous web has provided. (even though it's shite)

Capture trumpot.JPG

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
[tweet]1351915114149113857[/tweet]

Straight out of Farage's playbook. It's almost like they have the same contacts.

If he does set up a new party, I wonder if many or any of the current Republican Senators or Representatives will join it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here