Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
why do you feel the need to pigeonhole everyone? seems like it was just an observation on the recent activity of the thread.

To notice Brexit isn't going well doesn't make you a remainer you simply need eyes and ears

Some have invested so much in Johnson, the problem is he represents nothing really, just populism pumped up with English nationalism.

When you are I caught in this spiral its hard to find a way out. Who underneath it all can really enjoy being constantly lied to, even if upsets others?

If I was in the same position I'd create a new account, easiest way to leave quietly and move.

Jan 30, 2008
Some have invested so much in Johnson, the problem is he represents nothing really, just populism pumped up with English nationalism.

When you are I caught in this spiral its hard to find a way out. Who underneath it all can really enjoy being constantly lied to, even if upsets others?

If I was in the same position I'd create a new account, easiest way to leave quietly and move.

Priceless, you and few others haven't moved on since 2016 :lolol:
Regards
DF

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To notice Brexit isn't going well doesn't make you a remainer you simply need eyes and ears

There are not any 'remainers' only leavers now. We have left.

It is odd that someone asked why there were few people defending Brexit. That is because most people have moved on whichever side they were on. Like it or not, and as someone who voted leave, I am deeply unhappy about some of the ramifications, we are now all in the same boat. Why argue about something that is now irrelevant?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It is odd that someone asked why there were few people defending Brexit. That is because most people have moved on whichever side they were on. Like it or not, and as someone who voted leave, I am deeply unhappy about some of the ramifications, we are now all in the same boat. Why argue about something that is now irrelevant?
Exactly. Can't change the history.

Best thing now would be a much needed plan to fix the worst of the fallout.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I look forward to seeing our resident brexiteers challenging the need to fix anything After all, this is what they voted for. The bright future etc
We can still fix the worst of the undoubted problems and stay true to remaining ( lol, we've gone 180°) outside the EU.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You are certainly correct in that we are all in the shit together.

But whilst you 'move on' you may not have noticed the fires you have left behind (some literally) in NI, the Fishing Industry, Financial Services, any industry that Exports, no Infrastructure, regulations or Staff to impose Import controls, breaking International Law, numerous other industries, businesses and jobs going to the wall.

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you to grab a fire extinguisher to see if you could help put out some of these fires that you started ???

Have you read any of the posts on here ? The only people who are arguing about an irrelevant vote are those who 'won' it 5 years ago. The rest of the people on here are more concerned about what is happening to the Peace, Economy, Industries, Businesses and Jobs of the UK RIGHT NOW. I believe that is 'relevant'.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are certainly correct in that we are all in the shit together.

But whilst you 'move on' you may not have noticed the fires you have left behind (some literally) in NI, the Fishing Industry, Financial Services, any industry that Exports, no Infrastructure, regulations or Staff to impose Import controls, breaking International Law, numerous other industries, businesses and jobs going to the wall.

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you to grab a fire extinguisher to see if you could help put out some of these fires that you started ???

Have you read any of the posts on here ? The only people who are arguing about an irrelevant vote are those who 'won' it 5 years ago. The rest of the people on here are more concerned about what is happening to the Peace, Economy, Industries, Businesses and Jobs of the UK RIGHT NOW. I believe that is 'relevant'.

Both sides here are arguing pointlessly. It is COMPLETELY pointless to keep laying blame. But one side constantly blaming the other, and the other defensively crowing about it is immaterial. I could answer your post but again what is the point? I would have some justifications and some rebuttals, but everything has already been said a hundred or thousand times before on this thread and you would, as is your right, have some kind of answer back. This thread should have died a year ago, take a leaf from [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION], he is right. There is too much emotion on both sides here, once emotion drives a thread, it loses reason and objectivity.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Both sides here are arguing pointlessly. It is COMPLETELY pointless to keep laying blame. But one side constantly blaming the other, and the other defensively crowing about it is immaterial. I could answer your post but again what is the point? I would have some justifications and some rebuttals, but everything has already been said a hundred or thousand times before on this thread and you would, as is your right, have some kind of answer back. This thread should have died a year ago, take a leaf from [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION], he is right. There is too much emotion on both sides here, once emotion drives a thread, it loses reason and objectivity.

but emotion drove the referendum vote.... no reason there either, and we are living with the consequences, both emotional and economic. So for many of us it's not really possible to 'move on' (a convenient call for some to make)

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

:thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Who is arguing ? We have left, there is nothing to argue about, so there isn't any need for you to justify or rebut anything :shrug:

CURRENTLY, In the UK there are a number of significant issues that need addressing, some extremely urgently, namely

1. The Northern Ireland Protocol
We are incapable of implementing what we agreed, we have broken International law and it is a significant (if not the significant) trigger behind the current violence in NI.

2. The Fishing Industry
The Fishing industry is being annihilated by their inability to Export under the agreed regulations.

3. Exports
All companies that have any significant exports to the EU are struggling and will lose profit and jobs, if not the companies themselves.

4. Imports
We are unable to implement our Import controls as we don't have the Infrastructure, systems, staff or processes in place.

5. Financial Services
The Financial services industry is haemorrhaging business to other financial centres worldwide as we have no equivalence and passporting agreed with the EU and very little prospect of ever getting it.

This is not emotional or arguing, these are simple statements of fact about issues the UK currently has. Maybe this thread should have died a year ago and each of these current issues should be raised for discussion on the Main Board as they occurred without any reference to Brexit, but I have done that and they simply get merged back into this thread.

[MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] has proposed a solution to these issues (membership of EEA) which IIRC is what he has been saying all along and does seem the only sensible (or, indeed, feasible) solution. Do you have any proposals as to what should be done to address these issues or are you suggesting that the Government should just carry on regardless and people unaffected directly by these issues should simply ignore them ?

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Who is arguing ? We have left, there is nothing to argue about, so there isn't any need for you to justify or rebut anything :shrug:

The UK have a number of significant issues that need addressing, namely

1. The Northern Ireland Protocol
We are incapable of implementing what we agreed, we have broken International law and it is a significant (if not the significant) trigger behind the current violence in NI.

2. The Fishing Industry
The Fishing industry is being annihilated by their inability to Export under the agreed regulations.

3. Exports
All companies that have any significant exports to the EU are struggling and will lose profit and jobs, if not the companies themselves.

4. Imports
We are unable to implement our Import controls as we don't have the Infrastructure, systems, staff or processes in place.

5. Financial Services
The Financial services industry is haemorrhaging business to other financial centres worldwide as we have no equivalence with the EU and very little prospect of ever getting it.

This is not emotional or arguing, it is a simple statement of fact. Maybe this thread should have died a year ago and each of these current issues should be raised for discussion on the Main Board as they occurred without any reference to Brexit, but I have done that and they simply get merged back into this thread.

[MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] has proposed a solution to these issues (membership of EEA) which IIRC is what he has been saying all along and does seem the only sensible (or, indeed, possible) solution. Do you have any proposals as to what should be done to address these issues or do you think the Government should just carry on regardless and people unaffected directly by these issues should ignore them ?
I do not wish to comment any more on this thread. My initial comment was not aimed at you but at some posters on both sides who are simply mud flinging. I believe that these posters all need to move on as you clearly have, and stop giving each other abuse for something that was decided 5 years ago.

Your post however, has some sensible suggestions nonetheless.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Tragic and true..... no 'moving on' there, I am afraid.

The problem with 'moving on' and just accepting the lies and dishonesty means you set a precedence for further dishonesty, that's why you have a PM who lies every week in parliament, catre blanche, breaks the ministerial code and doesn't even correct the house - undermining our democracy. But Brexiteers will say you need to turn a blind eye to that for the sake of democracy. Sorry, no.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I do not wish to comment any more on this thread. My initial comment was not aimed at you but at some posters on both sides who are simply mud flinging. I believe that these posters all need to move on as you clearly have, and stop giving each other abuse for something that was decided 5 years ago.

Your post however, has some sensible suggestions nonetheless.

good thing Hillsborough justice campaigners didn't think that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here