Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In answer to the original question, perhaps we would be better off financially but in my opinion we would be diminished. Not to say that I am against a democratic vote i.e. Scottish independence referendum, Brexit, USA November 2020...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I would more put the blame on a host of things. David Cameron's decision to allow a referendum, the Brexit vote, the EU's intransigence to change in the face of growing opposition to many of its policies, Merkel's decision to allow a million plus refugees/immigrants to cross into Europe unfettered, growing desire for independence in some Scots particularly.

To say the blame is now put on the current government ignores history.

Also if that little bitch had won the first referendum then it would have been her fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope the Kremlin's hybrid warfare campaign to break up the UK fails.

Irish reunification is almost inevitable now.

Let's try and keep the rest intact though.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The current government are to blame for the break up.

The (mostly conservative) political unease with our position in Europe is what will probably cause the dissolution of the Union. However, the pandemic and the enduring power of the NHS might just glue us all back together and mitigate against the post-Brexit shake out.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Slogans that were spoon-fed to the gullible, that had no bearing on their life prior to the referendum, as well you know. :)
All you can do is post a picture of a map and claim that it's a positive.
Man-up and post some positives that actually benefit the people, economically and culturally - you've had years to think of them.
Try and do it soon, eh, as the negatives are taking a massive lead, as it stands.

I could have bet my house we would have got the debunked, meaningless slogans again, *YAWN*

We haven't taken back control we have ceded it, we have gone from rule makers to rule takers, thats why you cant even take a ham sandwich to the continent. Soveriegnty is only meaningful if you want to be like North Korea or if you are a big economc powerhouse like China

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
_116646454_sunday-times-nc.png

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The break up of the UK.

Let's hope the Kremlin's hybrid warfare campaign to break up the UK fails.

Irish reunification is almost inevitable now.

Let's try and keep the rest intact though.

Aye aye.. good to see the piss filled nappies have arrived. You’re probably better off sticking with the other hysterical fannys on the Brexit thread.....
Perhaps you could start a Brejoin campaign? We could all leave a light on.
(Don’t tell Greta, she’ll go radio rental)

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I would more put the blame on a host of things. David Cameron's decision to allow a referendum, the Brexit vote, the EU's intransigence to change in the face of growing opposition to many of its policies, Merkel's decision to allow a million plus refugees/immigrants to cross into Europe unfettered, growing desire for independence in some Scots particularly.

I would also add the Blair government promising and delivering Scottish devolution which they rather naively thought would satisfy the Scottish nationalists, instead, the SNP have gone from strength to strength, engineered one referendum and constantly agitate to break up the UK (also destroyed Labour in Scotland making winning a UK GE very difficult).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Personally I think the trend from the last 300 years or so, where local power decreased and national/supranational power increased, is the thing to blame. When people think that themselves and their local communities have no power of what is going on, they want to break their unions, especially if they had a lot of autonomy in some past. In the last century when state power increased very rapidly, you saw the growth of organisations like ETA, IRA and so on. Today its done in a different manner but the feeling of being powerless is still going to make people unhappy and wanting to look for as much independence as possible. It got very little to do with any specific decisions or governments, me thinks.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Oh good, another Brexit and Tory bashing thread

It really isn’t. Ever since we entered the EEC much of the political class (on both sides... See Corbyn) has struggled with the European experiment. However, it would be disingenuous in the extreme not to acknowledge that the nationalist-leaning wing of the Conservative party has been pushing for a referendum on Europe and our nation’s place in it for years. Now that we have Brexit, a border in the Irish Sea and a rampant SNP then the OP’s question has to bring us back to the likelihood of it happening and the economic consequences for a stand-alone English nation. As Biden says, you can debate without going nuclear/entrenched on every issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here