Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well if, in 2 years time, the Government have actually come up with a Brexit that is implementable and solved the NI problem within International Law, the Financial Services industry isn't still pouring out of the UK, various industries, businesses and jobs like fishing, farming and Logistics aren't still being annihilated by the new rules, and the economy has recovered from it, then probably not.

Unfortunately, my optimism for this happening in the next 2 years is not exactly growing by the day.

Get Brexit done :facepalm:

Why do you insist on answering questions posed to other people? It’s very rude, your implying that they aren’t capable to have their own opinion and yours is more important!!

If wanted your opinion I’d ask ffs [emoji2357]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With the news that Loyalist paramilitaries no longer support the GFA, I'd be interested to know what the solution to the Northern Ireland problem would be in the eyes of Brexiteers on here.

To me, it is obvious we should have stayed in the SM and CU, and for pro-Brexit people to argue the case for as hard a Brexit as possible whilst staying within those constraints. Perhaps arguing that we then pay for the option to restrict free movement to the UK from Ireland for all non-UK/Irish citizens. Instead, we're in this appalling situation where we have signed crap deals that don't work (or simply favour the EU) and having forced it through parliament, the government are now trying to renege on everything they signed up for and blaming everyone else.

I am past caring what simpletons think. I am done with being bothered about the thickest Brexit people on Twitter and on here just posting tedious meaningless one-liners and youtube videos. I just wish - if we had to have Brexit - that it had been done properly. But it hasn't, because it was given to the least competent, most corrupt bunch of shysters we've ever had running this country.

The simple fact of the matter is that with a couple of notable exceptions, all Brexiteers on this thread wanted out of the SM and CU, and not 'a Vassal state' ???

And the solutions those same people have managed to come up with for the NI problem in 5 years and 120,000+ posts on this thread ?

'A United Ireland' and 'Technology'.

That is the sum total of the solutions put forward by all the people on this thread who 'knew what they were voting for'. It really can't come as any surprise to anyone capable of carrying a logical thought process through to conclusion that we have now found ourselves in this position :shrug:

Unless, of course someone who voted for this wants to explain the solution they thought they were voting for ?

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
With the news that Loyalist paramilitaries no longer support the GFA, I'd be interested to know what the solution to the Northern Ireland problem would be in the eyes of Brexiteers on here.

To me, it is obvious we should have stayed in the SM and CU, and for pro-Brexit people to argue the case for as hard a Brexit as possible whilst staying within those constraints. Perhaps arguing that we then pay for the option to restrict free movement to the UK from Ireland for all non-UK/Irish citizens. Instead, we're in this appalling situation where we have signed crap deals that don't work (or simply favour the EU) and having forced it through parliament, the government are now trying to renege on everything they signed up for and blaming everyone else.

I am past caring what simpletons think. I am done with being bothered about the thickest Brexit people on Twitter and on here just posting tedious meaningless one-liners and youtube videos. I just wish - if we had to have Brexit - that it had been done properly. But it hasn't, because it was given to the least competent, most corrupt bunch of shysters we've ever had running this country.

“I’m interested to know” in paragraph one & “I’m past caring what the simpletons think” in paragraph 3

Make you mind up Simmo and don’t come back with the old “sensible Brexiteers” opinion because they are past caring too [emoji23]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why do you insist on answering questions posed to other people? It’s very rude, your implying that they aren’t capable to have their own opinion and yours is more important!!

If wanted your opinion I’d ask ffs [emoji2357]

Because you posted an open question on a PUBLIC forum :facepalm:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
“I’m interested to know” in paragraph one & “I’m past caring what the simpletons think” in paragraph 3

Make you mind up Simmo and don’t come back with the old “sensible Brexiteers” opinion because they are past caring too [emoji23]

To be clear, I'd be interested to know what the likes of you, Westdene, JCFG, Pastafarian (and so on) think the solution should be to this problem. I am not going to namecheck the simpletons but you must know they are, as much as you know the couple of cretin remainers.

There appears to be no solution to Ireland beyond membership of the CU at a minimum. If there is, I'm all ears.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be clear, I'd be interested to know what the likes of you, Westdene, JCFG, Pastafarian (and so on) think the solution should be to this problem. I am not going to namecheck the simpletons but you must know they are, as much as you know the couple of cretin remainers.

There appears to be no solution to Ireland beyond membership of the CU at a minimum. If there is, I'm all ears.

It's not even like it requires a particularly difficult answer, it becomes which one of these three points are you most prepared to ignore

i285978589370392898._szw520h440_.png

Jan 30, 2008

You've got all the answers, contact your local MP or the DUP
Regards
DF

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's not even like it requires a particularly difficult answer, it becomes which one of these three points are you most prepared to ignore

View attachment 134507

The 'without say' in the image is wrong. It is propaganda created by hard Brexiters.

EFTA states get a very big 'say' in the negotiating process where EEA rules are drawn up between EFTA/EU States.

Jan 30, 2008
No, I haven't got the answers. That's why I'm asking Brexiteers here.

Mind you, I did make it clear I wasn't interested in your "opinion" because you're an absolute moron, so off you f**k eh.

Oh Dear bitter man syndrome kicking in again I see , as I said speak to the people in the know rather than speculate on a internet forum, we're just mere mortals on here , Chin up
Regards
DF

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I’m not saying it’s not valid to continue to debate, however on the Brexit thread on NSC is a waste of time, none of us on the other side are remotely interested in anything your side have to say now or ever, we won’t change our minds so I’m not sure what the point of debating is unless is baiting not debating that we are all here for?

Surely if I’m to believe that many of you are as passionate off NSC about the apparent Brexit debacle then take your concerns to the highest possible level, start a party, press your MP’s to campaign re entry or similar?

Don’t waste time on this thread quite literally linking media stories of woe that your side will agree with and our side couldn’t give less of shit about[emoji106]

Thanks for your advice on how I should spend my time, which I'm sure was well intentioned. For my part, I'm never quite sure why you too hang around these parts, especially as

a) you write far more posts than just about everyone else

b) your posts seldom if ever have anything by way of substantive contents in them (JCFG , of whom I'm not the biggest fan, does in fairness sometimes try to introduce substantive content as does pastafarian. Would you direct the same advice to them?)

But, of course, we can all waste our own time in any way we see fit and doubtless we shall continue to do so.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't claim to be an expert, but I think that the current UK's negotiating style stretches the 'in good faith' requirement beyond breaking point. Playing hard ball with the EU is one thing, but we are in danger of accumulating reputational damage. Who have thought that an honourable guy like our Boris would have such a rather elastic approach to such matters? A certain J. Biden will be taking careful note of his position on the Northern Irish issue, and how it plays in the ROI, and might not be wholly impressed with what he sees, one suspects.

What plays well perhaps with the English right wing press won't play well on the International stage and will gain very little, we're fast running out of friends. Dealing with the Johnson Vote Leave government is like dealing with a demented child

They need to grow up...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Still waiting ?

I expect that's because they want to make sure their proposed solution is really comprehensive and considered. After all, they wouldn't want the solution to fall apart the first time someone asks a question of it. Unfortunately the solution is going to be required fairly soon though, as it appears that Johnson has already broken his own preferred solution of the NI protocol.

Brexit: Government relaxes more trade rules between GB and NI

The UK government has announced unilateral moves to ease the trade in plants from GB-NI.

Northern Ireland has remained a part of the EU's single market for goods which includes following EU plant health rules. This has meant that soil from other parts of the UK cannot legally enter NI, causing difficulties for garden centres.

The government is now temporarily relaxing that rule. The move has been taken without the agreement of the EU which has already said it is preparing legal action against the UK for changing the implementation of the NI Brexit deal without its agreement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56294309

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Expecting individuals to come up with solutions to incredibly complicated and technical diplomatic/trade/sovereignty/border issues always seemed a bit silly to me. A bit like me continually insisting individual reluctant remain voters post a blueprint of how we stay in the EU but avoid all the bits we don't like (eg ever closer union). No one on NSC or in the wider country fully understands all the intricacies and how much politics is in play exploiting the threat of Terrorism/undermining the GFA as an excuse to rule out different pathways. Despite constant misrepresentations by tedious bellends on here, my only specific point about NI and Brexit was that the people of Northern Ireland have a democratic path to accept or change the deal if they don't like it . They currently have this option in the Brexit deal but a vote is years away. The Northern Ireland protocol is obviously causing problems on both sides and not working as envisaged so I would suggest bringing forward a vote to see if the people of NI want it changed.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Mind you, I did make it clear I wasn't interested in your "opinion" because you're an absolute moron, so off you f**k eh.

The other one will be along in a minute with the slogans

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

That’s very rude and not very Christian of you.
#bekind

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here