Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Replace those horrid red ones with a nice blue one you know it makes sense

It makes complete sense to you of course.... that was never in doubt.....
but when many UK travellers realise what it will mean for them in the future and how trivial the colour of their passport is in comparison, I suspect you will increasingly be in the minority....

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

My kids wanted to know why their passports have been changed from the Burgundy ones that have given them hassle free travel over 4.5 Million km² all their lives, to a blue one that will now only give hassle free travel over 0.25 Million km². Their actual words were 'surely only a moron would think that would make sense'.

But don't worry, I immediately pointed out to them that not all Brexiteers are morons :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Croatia manage perfectly well with their blue passports whilst in the EU. I wonder who told the lies that EU passports had to be a horrid maroon?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My kids wanted to know why their passports have been changed from the Burgundy ones that have given them hassle free travel over 4.5 Million km² all their lives, to a blue one that will now only give hassle free travel over 0.25 Million km². Their actual words were 'surely only a moron would think that would make sense'.

But don't worry, I immediately pointed out to them that not all Brexiteers are morons :thumbsup:

Professor Brian Cox recently on Twitter

"A passport is only worth the rights it confers. It means nothing inside ones own country. This passport is weaker than the one it replaces, symbolising the removal of our rights to move and operate freely across our own continent. It therefore represents abject political failure."

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Blue is the colour Brexit is the game :clap2:clap:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It could be mildly amusing if it weren't for the sad fact that this, the 50p coin and your tea-towel are the sum total of the Brexit Benefits that you have managed to detail in more than 4 years :facepalm:

Not even seen a Brexit 50p yet. I'm sure the notes will eventually celebrate it as well then we can all carry the leave success around with us

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It makes complete sense to you of course.... that was never in doubt.....
but when many UK travellers realise what it will mean for them in the future and how trivial the colour of their passport is in comparison, I suspect you will increasingly be in the minority....

When are you due to change yours ?????

D

Deleted member 22389

"A passport is only worth the rights it confers. It means nothing inside ones own country. This passport is weaker than the one it replaces, symbolising the removal of our rights to move and operate freely across our own continent. It therefore represents abject political failure."

I used to have a lot of respect for Brian Cox, but when he goes all political he alienates all the people who voted opposite way to him, and especially the ones like myself who have purchased his books and dvds in the past, it is so unprofessional in my opinion. It's boring now.

Nobody is going to stop him or any other Celebrity from jumping on a plane, ferry, car or train and heading across Europe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I used to have a lot of respect for Brian Cox, but when he goes all political he alienates all the people who voted opposite way to him, and especially the ones like myself who have purchased his books and dvds in the past, it is so unprofessional in my opion. On and on, it's so boring.

Nobody is going to stop him or any other Celebrity from jumping on a plane, ferry and train and heading across Europe.

I doubt a very intelligent man like him is worried about a popularity contest. He is a scientist concerned with the loss of scientific cooperation that has been thrown away.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I really cannot see anything controversial about this statement. Whether you voted for or against Brexit, this is all accurate!

D

Deleted member 22389

I doubt a very intelligent man like him is worried about a popularity contest. He is a scientist concerned with the loss of scientific cooperation that has been thrown away.

Very unprofessional, nothing like pissing off your customers.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I used to have a lot of respect for Brian Cox, but when he goes all political he alienates all the people who voted opposite way to him, and especially the ones like myself who have purchased his books and dvds in the past, it is so unprofessional in my opinion. It's boring now.

Nobody is going to stop him or any other Celebrity from jumping on a plane, ferry, car or train and heading across Europe.

So on the same basis, I will never watch a Michael Caine film again, never go in to a Wetherspoons again, never buyanything Dyson again etc etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

No, no one is going to stop him jumping on a plane, ferry, car or train and heading across Europe, but when you meet him in the slow, non- EU queue at Customs you will realise why he is in a bad mood …..because it takes twice as long to be processed and you are subject to closer scrutiny and, when you get back to Blighty you get charged duty on your foreign purchases. Still, Blue passports eh :thumbsup:?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Now that's a shame. Because I know that he thinks very highly of your analytical skills when it comes to politics :down:

*edit* Sounds like he agrees with my kids but doesn't use the word 'moron'. Don't worry, I'll have a word with my kids again

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Would you be so quick to label him as unprofessional for sharing his opinion if his opinion was the same as yours?

I doubt it - your post basically amounts to "how dare someone I like express an opinion with which I disagree?".

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Very unprofessional, nothing like pissing off your customers.

Would you be so quick to label him as unprofessional for sharing his opinion if his opinion was the same as yours?

I doubt it - your post basically amounts to "how dare someone I like express an opinion with which I disagree?".

I think bashlsdir finds it difficult when one of their favoured celebs points out an uncomfortable truth. A truth caused by their vote

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here