Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The devil in the detail. No visas for non-skilled workers doesn't mean those jobs won't be done by foreign non-skilled workers. They just want you to think that....

Just noted the nuance of the new student visa. No cap on foreign students, just need the place and the money. The Government quietly announced a few months ago they would extend the time a student can stay and work to 2 YEARS after their studies have finished.

They've today announced the work doesn't have to be skilled.

Add to that, if you come here with a skilled job (remember no caps just need the salary) - your wife / husband / partner / dependents can undertake ANY work they like.

:dunce:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I think this point is worth highlighting from that article. Another Brexit lie exposed.

In its Brexit White Paper earlier this year the Government admitted the UK Parliament “has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU”.

And just 1 year after the referendum.

How many times do they need to be told.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
...and if you know some legitimate way that this can be done for those of us who really do not want to be manacled to the 'blue passport' idiocy, please share.... it would be much appreciated!

The best hope for our own grandchildren involves the EU nationalities of two of their other grandparents - the situation is not as cut and dried as it might be but a positive outcome is not out of the question. A longer shot involves having a stake in a part of the United Kingdom that may one day become part of the European Union.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The best hope for our own grandchildren involves the EU nationalities of two of their other grandparents - the situation is not as cut and dried as it might be but a positive outcome is not out of the question. A longer shot involves having a stake in a part of the United Kingdom that may one day become part of the European Union.

Thanks for that information.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think this point is worth highlighting from that article. Another Brexit lie exposed.

In its Brexit White Paper earlier this year the Government admitted the UK Parliament “has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU”[/I].

And just 1 year after the referendum.

I'm shocked!
Who knew that?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
How would that help me with unrestricted travel around Europe, Portslade Seagull? Do you know something that the rest of us don't?
Do tell....

Why do you have a passion for blue passports? What does the colour change do for you?

You and your crew hate this country so much surely that is the best option for you

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You and your crew hate this country so much surely that is the best option for you

No, we love our country. Seeing it damaged by nitwits for spurious emotional reasons, is what we dont like. Will your life change with a blue passport, other than longer waiting about abroad?

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

You know nothing about me Portslade Seagull and frankly that's the way I prefer it... but if you love this country, you certainly have an extraordinary way of demonstrating it to your fellow countrymen and women... based on what seems to be a rather restricted perspective on patriotism.....
Now about your eccentric enthusiasm for blue passports... any thoughts?

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Ah, the old 'we're the only true patriots' line. Saw it most energetically advanced in Parliament Square last October as a gang of flag-waving camera-wielding Brexiteers screamed Traitorous Bitch and worse in Anna Soubry's face. If I didn't feel so strongly about my county I wouldn't feel so saddened by what is being done to it.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Haven't been on this thread for ages.

Still the same people bickering about the same things. When do you think you lot will tire of arguing?

Can't you all just agree to disagree and all get along with one another?

D

Deleted member 22389

Haven't been on this thread for ages.

Still the same people bickering about the same things. When do you think you lot will tire of arguing?

Can't you all just agree to disagree and all get along with one another?

It's mainly remainders left on this thread now. Soon as any leaver posts on here they are straight on their case. Thread should have been closed last month.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It's mainly remainders left on this thread now. Soon as any leaver posts on here they are straight on their case. Thread should have been closed last month.

I don't wish to be controversial but what's a 'remainder' and why would Portslade Seagull want to know if we had applied for blue passports yet? Apparently s/he seems to thinks it's great and we know 'it makes sense' but out of curiosity I would like to know why s/he thinks that? No bickering involved.... just topical debate.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

No, the thread should remain, so brexiteers can post all the fabulous benefits that will emerge.

ps The brexiteers 'im being ganged up on' is so last year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

If you don’t like the thread, don’t post on it - you don’t even have to open it and view. Let the adults discuss in peace.

D

Deleted member 22389

If you don’t like the thread, don’t post on it - you don’t even have to open it and view. Let the adults discuss in peace.

Best thing mods can do is move this thread to other. This is a football forum, and NSC is a much nicer place without this horrible thread hanging around now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Best thing mods can do is move this thread to other. This is a football forum, and NSC is a much nicer place without this horrible thread hanging around now.

We discussed this at a recent mod gathering but concluded better to leave it here as otherwise people would hijack other threads to prolong their point scoring, whatabouttery and hostility towards their fellow man so decided to leave it as it is.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

There is something of the 'right, I'm taking the ball away now I'm losing' about this approach.

I can see how Leavers get pi+ssed off with incessant reminders that things are not going well Brexit-wise. Some see this as a lack of positivity and patriotism. But there must be a natural urge to point out that 'we told you so'. And of course we are perfectly at liberty to comment on what's being done to our country (which I'm sure we love as much an anyone) in the name of something we didn't vote for. I think it's called democracy in just the same way as you guys got what you wanted by virtue having all those lovely votes to leave - assuming you knew what you wanted.

And before the Leavers get too sanctimonious, look how they just love to seize on any morsel of bad news about the performances of the EU countries to fit with their narrative that the EU is 'failing'. Fair enough, but remember that our country's economic prospects are still largely dependent on the prosperity of our largest customers - it is not (yet) a zero-sum game. Sometimes I get the impression that as long as the EU 'fails' they would be happy almost regardless of whether the UK flourishes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here