Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
View attachment 128425

I'll explain it in very simple terms.

A couple of hours of extra checks at Dover port (for whatever reason) means Kent grinding to a halt. Bodes well for the future.

You are Dominic Raab and I claim my £5 :lolol:

No need for terror attack, just a couple of tip off's a week could bring the country to virtual tradiing standstill

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
How's it all coming along in here, these days? Is Dripping Fanny still posting meaningless guff and Bag O'Shite his repetetive pics and memes in his usual trolling fashion?
I sense an explosion of gammon, and I can't blame them, as it all unravels in front of their squinty little eyes. Bless.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We have some on loan but that might go if we carry on upsetting the USA.

Yeah but I heard the F35s really want to stay. My mate went on holiday with one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see road hauliers were disappointed and frustrated with their meeting with Micheal Gove last night, apparently they’re concerned about delays at the border. What the **** were these idiots expecting? What a bunch of tools.

https://www.rha.uk.net/news/press-releases/2016-06-june/britain’s-road-hauliers-back-‘leave’

“Britain’s road hauliers back ‘Leave’”

**** ‘em.
You can't really blame road hauliers for their opinion 3 years ago when they and many others were promised the Sunny Uplands. Its important that we try not to blame those who were lied to for believing the lies.... After their meeting with Gove, that they described as a " washout", they might well have a different opinion about leaving.

Still, we have left and we have to try to make the best of it, maybe the Road Haulage Association might be better off with a direct meeting with EU officials and ask what they need to do to comply with future export /import arrangements and conditions? Years back I learned that if your Line Manager was crap and could not deal with a issue, it was better to go over his head.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You can't really blame road hauliers for their opinion 3 years ago when they and many others were promised the Sunny Uplands. Its important that we try not to blame those who were lied to for believing the lies.... After their meeting with Gove, that they described as a " washout", they might well have a different opinion about leaving.

Still, we have left and we have to try to make the best of it, maybe the Road Haulage Association might be better off with a direct meeting with EU officials and ask what they need to do to comply with future export /import arrangements and conditions? Years back I learned that if your Line Manager was crap and could not deal with a issue, it was better to go over his head.

If I was a haulier and my business was dependent on frictionless crossborder trade I fail to see how any Brexit promise could have pursuaded me it was a good idea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I hear what you are saying, and I have the upmost sympathy for any remain truckers. But, if you’re in the road haulage industry then you of all people should be aware of the benefits of being in the customs union. It would take a particular level of stupidly to think anything other than it might be a bit trickier getting back and forth across the border especially when a campaign has been fought on borders. I’m sorry but they have to be responsible for their actions and reap what they have sown. And if that means longer queues, lesser wages or job losses then so be it; they were warned. Stick to your convictions and don’t be a hypocrite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If I was a haulier and my business was dependent on frictionless crossborder trade I fail to see how any Brexit promise could have pursuaded me it was a good idea

They were promised " Frictionless Trade " remember ? " We Hold all the cards " ? That's what they were told, they really did not think we would be in the mess we are now... Its just like Northern Ireland and the GFA, it was immediately apparent that you can't have a border between North and South but, you can't NOT have a border between the EU and another country. When pushed our government just said we could get around that by using " Technical Solutions " that would allow tracking of goods backwards and forwards over the border without actually stopping Mr O'Tooles milk lorry 6 times a day,,, whatever happened to the " Technical Solutions " ? In the bin marked " World Beating Track and Trace System " ?

As someone said when actually you write down the impossibility of leaving the EU without having to enforce border controls but stay within the GFA it all unravels.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
They were promised " Frictionless Trade " remember ? " We Hold all the cards " ? That's what they were told, they really did not think we would be in the mess we are now... Its just like Northern Ireland and the GFA, it was immediately apparent that you can't have a border between North and South but, you can't NOT have a border between the EU and another country. When pushed our government just said we could get around that by using " Technical Solutions " that would allow tracking of goods backwards and forwards over the border without actually stopping Mr O'Tooles milk lorry 6 times a day,,, whatever happened to the " Technical Solutions " ? In the bin marked " World Beating Track and Trace System " ?

As someone said when actually you write down the impossibility of leaving the EU without having to enforce border controls but stay within the GFA it all unravels.

But they already have frictionless trade. what was the gain? Why would they want leave the customs union?

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I hear what you are saying, and I have the upmost sympathy for any remain truckers. But, if you’re in the road haulage industry then you of all people should be aware of the benefits of being in the customs union. It would take a particular level of stupidly to think anything other than it might be a bit trickier getting back and forth across the border especially when a campaign has been fought on borders. I’m sorry but they have to be responsible for their actions and reap what they have sown. And if that means longer queues, lesser wages or job losses then so be it; they were warned. Stick to your convictions and don’t be a hypocrite.

Any time scale for this continued apocalypse ?
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here