Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Nissan hasn't gone yet. The Tories are in power, in government with a large majority

It can be saved, its up them, its in their power

Blame the liars, not those poor folk that have been lied to...

#victimsofbrexit

Don't want to bang on about this, but would you consider (in the light of this evening's posts) that our thread's Leavers fall into this category?:smile:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yet it's remainers that keep banging on about 'uniting' the country but then won't do anything to do so ? Only a dick would refuse service to someone because of their political views.

If Farage asked me to design some publicity material for him I wouldn't quote him a high price, I'd refuse to even look at it.

You say that that would make me a dick. Don't run away - justify it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't want to bang on about this, but would you consider (in the light of this evening's posts) that our thread's Leavers fall into this category?:smile:

They are a group that its hard to help, if there wasn't Brexit there would be something else to get angry about.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Johnson has until June to ask for an extension to the transition period. He won’t.
There is no way his government can agree a deal in 10 months. Spain wants Gibraltar for a start.

agree, it doesnt seem likely a working trade deal is managable, with all the lines drawn on each side. a view is without free trade, the impact to business of paperwork and restrictions will be the same as operating under WTO, so why concede other areas? issues like fishing are a really big deal for EU to gain, on the other hand including cultral artefacts isnt going to help ease negotiation. not sure how hard the new EU want to drive negotiation. right now a deal is likely to end up as some agreements on cooperation.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone have any update how all the new customs border infrastructure works at Dover is progressing?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Does anyone have any update how all the new customs border infrastructure works at Dover is progressing?

I can't find anything about this. You'd probably need an 'insider' briefing/leaking to know what's really going on.. According to the Torygraph at the end of Jan there was going to be some sort of update on policy issued on 10th Feb. This has come and gone and I suspect that nobody is much the wiser. But remember, this is government on the back of a fag packet, so let's not be surprised at anything. (I guess they could be awaiting the outcome of negotiations, by which time it will be too late if said negotiations break down?)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

We all have to just believe the customs infrastructure is there and it will magically appear.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now we have our Brexit politicians in place, this should be easy

Boris Johnson 'There is no plan for no deal, because we’re going to get a great deal.'
Michael Gove 'The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.'
David Davis 'You can be sure there will be a deal, whether it's the deal I want which is the free trade agreement, the customs agreement and so on - I'm pretty sure but I'm not certain'
Liam Fox 'If you think about it, the free trade agreement that we will have to come to with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history'
Paul Nuttall 'It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal, and of course, it's in the European Union's interest, just as it is in ours'
Gerard Batten 'trade relations with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon over a cup of coffee'
Douglas Carswell​ 'I think we could very easily get a better trade deal than we have at the moment'
John Redwood 'Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy as the UK holds most of the cards in any negotiation'
Owen Paterson 'Our European neighbours will want to secure access to the UK market as they sell far more to us than we sell to them'

Negotiations kick off Monday morning, so should all be wrapped by Tuesday lunchtime at the latest then :laugh:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We all have to just believe the customs infrastructure is there and it will magically appear.

Well I would guess that whoever has the operation Brock contract will still have all the barriers and cones in storage somewhere. Maybe this is what is meant by 'Brexit opportunities' ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I have access to a number government purchasing frameworks, I see nothing in the way of tenders.

Maybe they are getting one of Dom's mates to do the job, hopefully not from the same list of contacts as the Ferries?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Boris Johnson 'There is no plan for no deal, because we’re going to get a great deal.'
Michael Gove 'The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.'
David Davis 'You can be sure there will be a deal, whether it's the deal I want which is the free trade agreement, the customs agreement and so on - I'm pretty sure but I'm not certain'
Liam Fox 'If you think about it, the free trade agreement that we will have to come to with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history'
Paul Nuttall 'It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal, and of course, it's in the European Union's interest, just as it is in ours'
Gerard Batten 'trade relations with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon over a cup of coffee'
Douglas Carswell​ 'I think we could very easily get a better trade deal than we have at the moment'
John Redwood 'Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy as the UK holds most of the cards in any negotiation'
Owen Paterson 'Our European neighbours will want to secure access to the UK market as they sell far more to us than we sell to them'

Negotiations kick off Monday morning, so should all be wrapped by Tuesday lunchtime at the latest then :laugh:

The UK is like the teenager who wants to leave home, but only goes as far as the garden shed, still wanting three meals a day, to use the facilities and for Mum or Dad to taxi them everywhere.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Maybe in time we need a poll, to pick the best. I like Batten's the best

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And shirley, even our most ardent Unionist Brexiteer [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] can see the funny side in the Conservative and Unionist party managing to do more to break up the Union and create a United Ireland in the last 6 months than their 'enemies' have achieved in the previous 99 years :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have access to a number government purchasing frameworks, I see nothing in the way of tenders.

Maybe they are getting one of Dom's mates to do the job, hopefully not from the same list of contacts as the Ferries?

Lets hope they are different contacts to the ones who got him the SPADs :wink:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Drove past there on Saturday and they had a very large Virgin cruise ship in port. My guess is they have hired it to put people up whilst they queue to be processed - with the added bonus that they will have self isolated at the same time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Of course it could all be explained that actually for all the rhetoric the Government is planning on joining EFTA with a Customs Union, but we know that's not happening

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Of course it could all be explained that actually for all the rhetoric the Government is planning on joining EFTA with a Customs Union, but we know that's not happening

Likes like we're back in Unicorn territory again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here