Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I also note that our new PM has just appointed the most privately educated cabinet since Sir John Major in 1992 - 64% of the cabinet v 7% of the UK population who have been.

45% of his cabinet went to Oxbridge, 69% went to Russell Group Uni's - I really bet they all know the price of beer when it's Monday Club at Wetherspoon's. :rolleyes:

The Brexit elite telling the masses they voted to be poorer, now lets get on with it. Lets start with the dismantling of agriculture and manufacturing...

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Soames will certainly not be getting my vote in the October GE. Time the dinosaur moved on.

A true patriot, I used to vote Tory because of people like him.

Now you have liars that get sacked from government positions and are now rewarded with cabinet promotion, that said with the biggest liar of them all at the helm we should not be all surprised.

I think we've got further to fall before we hit the bottom

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What we have not had for all of our history is a population that retires at 65 and lives into their 80's, and a low birth rate.

The low birth-rate is the killer here. The ONS put out a paper a few weeks back that talked about the ageing crisis was heading for. We need to massively raise the pension age (maybe to 75?), drastically cut pensions, encourage a higher birth-rate (as Hungary is doing) or significantly raise immigration,

Judging my the cabinet Johnson has selected. it looks like there'll be a big increase in immigration in the coming years. The proposed amnesty for illegal immigrants will also introduce a lot more clarity into the process

There is a good reason, if they believed that their most important aims would be carried by the Lib Dems, particularly a shift to a PR system of election. Greens should stand where they have the bigger vote share than the Lib Dems, and vice versa.

Yes, as I said, that would be sensible approach but I was replying to the suggestion that the Greens should stand aside across the entire country. While PR woule benefit the Greens, it needs to keep up its current momentum and missing out an entire election would be crippling for the party.

Jan 30, 2008
A true patriot, I used to vote Tory because of people like him.

Now you have liars that get sacked from government positions and are now rewarded with cabinet promotion, that said with the biggest liar of them all at the helm we should not be all surprised.

I think we've got further to fall before we hit the bottom
be carefull then ,dont hurt yourself
Regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some people are not so simplistic.

Or are just too forgiving. The Lib Dems in the form of Bellotti, LDC and even a Lib Dem government minister, Baker tried to destroy the club. The national party didn't care enough to even censure LDC Lib Dems. In fact, despite Bellotti's behaviour ( and most of his behaviour deserved to have his legs broken ), the Lib Dem party allowed him to stand for, and win, a council seat. I swore during our troubles that I would NEVER trust or vote for a Lib Dem EVER again. Unlike politicians I plan to uphold my promise. Some supporters obviously don't care if they side with traitors to the club.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh dear Plooks - no decent debate left in you then ? Maybe people should respond to your posts with "**** off village idiot ageist lying scum' ?

Oh dear Westdene Seagull - standing up for a racist, Nazi apologist because he voted leave like you did. Again. :nono:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Oh dear Westdene Seagull - standing up for a racist, Nazi apologist because he voted leave like you did. Again. :nono:

He may or may not be a racist but on this thread I've not seen him post anything racist ..... unless you care to point me to said posts ? Plooks is just a village idiot who blames everyone but himself for his failures in life.

He's also called the mods Nazi sympathisers ..... which quite frankly is ridiculous but I'm sure you'll agree with his statement.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He may or may not be a racist but on this thread I've not seen him post anything racist ..... unless you care to point me to said posts ?

I haven't seen him post anything racist either.

As well you both know, he has been variously banned on NSC for racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism and making anti-Semitic comments about Tony Bloom - it's all in the moderating decisions. He also likes to post Youtube videos from David Duke. The fact that David Duke is an American white supremacist, white nationalist politician, white separatist, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, is probably not just a coincidence. If you want to clutch at straws at whether any of that was done on this thread or not though, what you've seen or what you haven't and defend him because he voted leave like you both did, carry on.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or are just too forgiving. The Lib Dems in the form of Bellotti, LDC and even a Lib Dem government minister, Baker tried to destroy the club. The national party didn't care enough to even censure LDC Lib Dems. In fact, despite Bellotti's behaviour ( and most of his behaviour deserved to have his legs broken ), the Lib Dem party allowed him to stand for, and win, a council seat. I swore during our troubles that I would NEVER trust or vote for a Lib Dem EVER again. Unlike politicians I plan to uphold my promise. Some supporters obviously don't care if they side with traitors to the club.

If you stopped voting for a whole party because of the misdemeanours of several of its councillors, or an MP, you would never vote again.
Those people have gone and are not in any office (or dead) so therefore don't affect today's issues.
Talk about living in the past.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
As well you both know, he has been variously banned on NSC for racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism and making anti-Semitic comments about Tony Bloom - it's all in the moderating decisions. He also likes to post Youtube videos from David Duke. The fact that David Duke is an American white supremacist, white nationalist politician, white separatist, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, is probably not just a coincidence. If you want to clutch at straws at whether any of that was done on this thread or not though, what you've seen or what you haven't and defend him because he voted leave like you both did, carry on.

Firstly I can only say what I see - yes I know he's been banned previously - but I've not seen anything worth banning for on this thread which is the only place I've read Ppf posts. But Ppf served his ban and can now post again. Plooks clearly got banned for being a prick but once serving his ban he comes back and continues being a prick. You clearly agree with his assessment that the mods are 'Nazi sympathisers'.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Talk about Living in the Past.

An album from May 1969 by Jethro Tull. Not one of their best, but quite famous. The album was named after the single released in May 1969 and was released in an elaborate gate-fold packaging that contained a large colour photo booklet with over 50 photos of the band.

Two songs, "By Kind Permission Of" and "Dharma for One", were recorded live at Carnegie Hall in New York City, United States. The former would be extended to include "With You There To Help Me" and would be included in complete form, along with "Dharma For One", on the separate CD release "Live At Carnegie Hall 1970".

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Firstly I can only say what I see - yes I know he's been banned previously - but I've not seen anything worth banning for on this thread which is the only place I've read Ppf posts. But Ppf served his ban and can now post again. Plooks clearly got banned for being a prick but once serving his ban he comes back and continues being a prick. You clearly agree with his assessment that the mods are 'Nazi sympathisers'.

...whereas you can go about calling people names with impunity.

Fair? I don't think so!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bans, not one ban but several bans.

I don't think Plooks is going the right way about voicing his concerns for what it's worth.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If you stopped voting for a whole party because of the misdemeanours of several of its councillors, or an MP, you would never vote again.
Those people have gone and are not in any office (or dead) so therefore don't affect today's issues.
Talk about living in the past.

Those misdemeanours affected me and my future life directly. Normally misdemeanours of politicians don't affect me directly so I'm not that bothered - I really couldn't give a toss how many women Boris has cheated with, or that Ken Livingstone said something dodgy, or that some MP made a claim for a duck house. LDC, Baker, Bellotti and by extention and lack of action the Lib Dem Party tried to actively destroy a part of my life. For that I will never forgve them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here