Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather England win the World Cup or Brighton win promotion?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No contest - England winning the World Cup would be one of the best things to happen in this country for decades. Brighton WILL definitely win promotion at some point in my lifetime. England would be a once in a lifetime event, a time when the whole nation is united in joy.

Ridiculous question.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No contest - England winning the World Cup would be one of the best things to happen in this country for decades. Brighton WILL definitely win promotion at some point in my lifetime. England would be a once in a lifetime event, a time when the whole nation is united in joy.

Ridiculous question.

Exactly !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Brighton to win promotion without a doubt.

I enjoy the World Cup, of course, but England winning doesn't really bother me like it used to.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would be 9th promotion while supporting the Albion, but would still go for that over England.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London

Ridiculous question.

This. I never understand the club over country brigade. The buzz in this country if England won the World Cup would be a once in a lifetime experience, it would be the best Summer ever. And virtually everyone you know will be involved. Brighton going up will be great, but it is going to happen anyway at some point in the next few years, and I'd only get to celebrate it with a few Albion supporting mates. England all the way.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Those saying Brighton are just daft. England winning is going to be once in a life time experience (here's hoping)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Ridiculous question.

I think a poll would tell you otherwise, but I would go for BOTH.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
World Cup.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Ridiculous question.

I kind of agree with what it would do for the country but then I think of all the time, money, effort and overall commitment I have put into the Albion over my lifetime.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I kind of agree with what it would do for the country but then I think of all the time, money, effort and overall commitment I have put into the Albion over my lifetime.

As opposed to what you've done for your country?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I never understand the club over country brigade. The buzz in this country if England won the World Cup would be a once in a lifetime experience, it would be the best Summer ever. And virtually everyone you know will be involved. Brighton going up will be great, but it is going to happen anyway at some point in the next few years, and I'd only get to celebrate it with a few Albion supporting mates. England all the way.

Exactly this. It's already almost 50 years, could end up being 100. We'll get promoted in the next few years at some point and we'll enjoy it massively, but not much would compare with a World Cup win. Jesus, we'd even be sharing celebrations with the Nigels.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have already seen Brighton get promotion to the top division and England winning in 66. With parachute payments being hugely increased it may be many years before we get to the top level again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

But Brighton are very, very, very likely to go up anyway, so why waste your "wish", if you get me? England winning the WC is definitely more unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here