Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather England win the World Cup or Brighton win promotion?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Having given myself time to decide - Brighton. (Unless Italy win the next two and we sneak through to the next stage ...)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm aware of that. I was referring to phrases like 'No contest' 'Ridiculous question' and 'Lunatic question'.

Don't end up like Ernest has recently where it's hard to decipher whether it's his joke persona or genuine opinion (obviously you're not close to being on the same scale!).

(And yes, I'm aware of the irony of me accusing you of being arrogant and then offering you advice!)

Fair enough. Advice taken.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Brighton for me.
However,if Scotland won the World Cup;well,that would set me thinking!
I was in Germany when England won in 1966,hitch-hiking my way down to Italy.Watched it on telly over there and was well pleased they won......especially as the Germans bought our beers all night!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'd much rather England win the World Cup than Brighton get promoted. I've never seen England win a World Cup but I have seen Brighton get promoted and will again.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Well the poll is an idiot then. It's a lunatic question.

Bit of an over-reaction? Hardly a 'lunatic' question; I thought it was an interesting one.

Personally I'd go for an England win, but only just.

I think many fans have felt less connected with the national team in the past few years. On top of that, I've never seen Albion play in the top flight (started watching in mid-eighties) so that would be a wonderful achievement for the club and its loyal followers. For me, there's only a fag paper between the choices but perhaps I'm tinged by madness...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I never understand this viewpoint. It's like when Beckham donated his PSG salary to charity and got slated for it. People saying it made no difference to him. So? He didn't have to do it. It would make no difference to a lot of people to give £100 to charity every month. Do they do it? No. I'm yet to see a footballer claiming they are a poor, hard-done-by, poverty stricken lamb. What are they supposed to do, ask if they can be paid less?

Starving people in Africa could think that someone earning £15K a year in Brighton is obscene. Does that mean that person should ask for a pay cut?

Wasn't Beckham's decision more down to French tax laws that could have seen him taxed on his entire estate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...MPs-argue-PSG-star-donates-money-charity.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here