Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A certain club splashing the cash.

It could have been us but it's not. I imagine that many of their supporters and having a giggle at our expense but he/she who laughs first laughs last. Our policy will be to build from the youth set up which will enable the club to develop a future premiership team. Better to build on firm foundations.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Giggle at what. Kebe, gayle, Some reject they want from Reading who has not even played in the Championship yet. DESPERATE to splash some cash on anyone I think is more to the point.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It could have been us but it's not. I imagine that many of their supporters and having a giggle at our expense but he/she who laughs first laughs last. Our policy will be to build from the youth set up which will enable the club to develop a future premiership team. Better to build on firm foundations.

This.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
So players like Wilf, Williams, Moses, Clyne, Scannell, Watson, Routledge et al. is not a youth policy?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If they want to spunk away money on overpaid rejects like Chamakh and Bendtner, they can.

It'll be funny when they're sulking in the Championship on 40-50k a week :lol:

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
That's great.

Gareth Barry has achieved more than any of them.

Nowhere did I claim they have- the OP said a youth Policy.

BUT....for the record....

Moses won African Cup of Nations and UEFA Cup
Watson scored the winning goal in FA Cup Final
Routledge won the Capital One Cup, Football League Championship x 2
Zaha won Community Shield and Play Off Final, PFA Young Player of Year and in Team of the Year

Gareth Barry has won Premier League, FA Cup and Inter Toto Cup.

:thumbsup:

:)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Palace boss us . Lets not try and compete. We nearly got level but they surged ahead again.

Frustrating but our time will come. For now its easier to just let them get on with it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Really ?

I thought it was 'he who laughs last laughs longest'.

If the person who laughs first is still laughing last, then he's probably lost the plot a bit.

I think you'll find its ' He who laughs last is a bit of a thickly and never gets the joke straight away'

Youth is the answer,look at all the top sides full of players who have come through the system:facepalm:

THE GREAT WHITE ELEPHANT THAT IS THE YOUTH SYSTEM

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When I told my Dad that Palace had signed a player called Jack Hunt , his reply was "Aren't they all Jack Hunts at Palace ?"

Giggle at what. Kebe, gayle, Some reject they want from Reading who has not even played in the Championship yet. DESPERATE to splash some cash on anyone I think is more to the point.

Correct. They have a lot of cash to splash yet seem intent on assembling a squad that would struggle to get above mid way in the Championship. Very funny (at the moment).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here