Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Gus Poyet

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Oh my god! Is tony leaving?!

I really hope not, but the stick that some are handing out about the club (Tony Bloom) in defence of Gus you could hardly blame him.
If he did decided to pack it in and take his money with him, then you would find out who is more important to BHA and we would find out which one of the two we can carry on without.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
All that because I don't like my child being subjected to foul language. I think says a lot more about me that it does people who think Poyet is cool. I also won't let her have her ears pierced or wear heels etc at her age. I must be a awful parent and a really bad person. No wonder there is such a lack of respect in the country these days with people with high standards like myself around.

I doubt you troll your own children. No monotonous internet fiend could be that authentically loatheful. Unless you're teaching them the trade to be constantly dissatisfied and to enter repetitive and ingracious thoughts on a public forum to ideally have the easily led feel awful about something they once loved too. If so, then you are a bad parent. If not, then you're just a bit of a nob on here for fun.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really hope not, but the stick that some are handing out about the club (Tony Bloom) in defence of Gus you could hardly blame him.
If he did decided to pack it in and take his money with him, then you would find out who is more important to BHA and we would find out which one of the two we can carry on without.

Quite right......

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I doubt you troll your own children. No monotonous internet fiend could be that authentically loatheful. Unless you're teaching them the trade to be constantly dissatisfied and to enter repetitive and ingracious thoughts on a public forum to ideally have the easily led feel awful about something they once loved too. If so, then you are a bad parent. If not, then you're just a bit of a nob on here for fun.

Going slightly off subject. All this because I said Poyet has no class. Which I been saying for ages, the guy is a total myth and slowly but surely people are seeing it. It would have been a disaster if he had stayed. Why do you think Mr Bloom is going to such lengths to get shot of him???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I know, the ingratitude to Tony displayed by some on this board is pretty unbelievable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

This isn't an either/or situation, though. This thread was simply thanking gus for his contribution as he is clearly about to leave, it wasn't an attack on tony. The reaction of 'something nice was said about gus, lets praise tony in a way that takes digs at gus' is exacerbating a divide amongst fans.

We can all be grateful for gus's contribution as he leaves, without the need to turn things into another gus v tony/barber/"the club" binfest.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Going slightly off subject. All this because I said Poyet has no class. Which I been saying for ages, the guy is a total myth and slowly but surely people are seeing it. It would have been a disaster if he had stayed. Why do you think Mr Bloom is going to such lengths to get shot of him???

I wouldn't no specifically why this endeavour to get rid of Gus and his posse began and now got to this. I don't think it was for joining in with a joyous song sung by thousands for moments and causing you any bother.
Like everyone, i have a friend at the Albion. Not in the high ranks with any deep insider knowledge, but when i nagged him for any news, he said that from his perspective most people rather liked Gus within the organisation. If Gus had a falling out with Barber and/or Bloom then that can obviously cause the workplace to be unpleasant for those involved in that ongoing spat. An argument that couldn't be resolved then got to the state of play we're currently in, in which probably everyone wants to divorce, whilst no one wants to feel hard done by or mistreated. That's understandable from both sides.
But, really, in this thread we're to just to say thank you for a truly wonderful few years, rather than taint it with spite or the idiocy of suggestion, as perhaps i just mildly made.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This isn't an either/or situation, though. This thread was simply asking gus for his contribution as he is clearly about to leave, it wasn't an attack on tony. The reaction of 'something nice was said about gus, lets praise tony in a way that takes digs at gus' is exacerbating a divide amongst fans.

We can all be grateful for gus's contribution as he leaves, without the need to turn things into another gus v tony/barber/"the club" binfest.

You are quite right and I think some of our fans are completely mad if they cannot acknowledge the contribution that Gus made. However we would not have made this level of progress without Tony Bloom.

Some of my favourite Gus memories......

Charlton / Peterboro / Walsall - Away - just incredible memorable football matches.
Destruction of Palace at Home.
Bridcutt in the last minute
Tearing Portsmouth apart at Withdean
4-3 vs Dagenham
Doncaster Home

There are plenty of others........
The one-touch football....

Lets hope we continue to move forward.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You are quite right and I think some of our fans are completely mad if they cannot acknowledge the contribution that Gus made. However we would not have made this level of progress without Tony Bloom.

Some of my favourite Gus memories......

Charlton / Peterboro / Walsall - Away - just incredible memorable football matches.
Destruction of Palace at Home.
Bridcutt in the last minute
Tearing Portsmouth apart at Withdean
4-3 vs Dagenham
Doncaster Home

There are plenty of others........
The one-touch football....

Lets hope we continue to move forward.

Absolutely this and my post was intended to bring it home to some fans that Gus did not do all this alone, he had some great backing from the club, to which in my view he never ever publicly acknowledged.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wouldn't no specifically why this endeavour to get rid of Gus and his posse began and now got to this. I don't think it was for joining in with a joyous song sung by thousands for moments and causing you any bother.
Like everyone, i have a friend at the Albion. Not in the high ranks with any deep insider knowledge, but when i nagged him for any news, he said that from his perspective most people rather liked Gus within the organisation. If Gus had a falling out with Barber and/or Bloom then that can obviously cause the workplace to be unpleasant for those involved in that ongoing spat. An argument that couldn't be resolved then got to the state of play we're currently in, in which probably everyone wants to divorce, whilst no one wants to feel hard done by or mistreated. That's understandable from both sides.
But, really, in this thread we're to just to say thank you for a truly wonderful few years, rather than taint it with spite or the idiocy of suggestion, as perhaps i just mildly made.

Im sure he is very easy to get on with,all the time you are agreeing with him and giving him what he wants all the time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really hope not, but the stick that some are handing out about the club (Tony Bloom) in defence of Gus you could hardly blame him.k
Re
You are on fire. Spot on. Too many integrates on here, presumably misled by Gus.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thanks for taking us from the bottom of League 1 to the top of the Championship(ish), thanks for signing some FLAIRTASTIC players as well as Bridcutt and thanks for giving us a different style to play which has been imprinted in the club.

However, none of the above would have been done had it not have been for Tony Bloom - but since he isn't leaving, there's no need for a small obituary.

Some people on here are so fickle, yeah Poyet has been a MASSIVE end of a bell recently and he must go - but like it or not, he turned us into a good team again - but people forget that....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The board is capable of making mistakes and there is a possibility that they have made a monumental one. Pointing this out isn't a criticism of TB, as he isn't necessarily the one making these mistakes.

I've heard directly from Tony that he views the appointment of club manager as one of the most important roles of a club chairman.

The argus quotes that the relationship between Tony and Gus has broken down.

I know Gus has charisma, but this is clear cut - Tony, not Paul Barber, is the one who doesn't want Gus as manager.

Poyet hasn't gone yet, officially. When he does, I'll add my thanks to this thread.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would to thank Gus for taking a poor team and turning it into the 4th best team in the second tier playing a style of football that has got little Brighton noticed.

Granted this would not have been possible without the support of Tony Bloom but you have to give money to the right person (Adams mk 2 and Russell Slade spent a few quid in comparison and didn't get anywhere).

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Whilst nobody can argue that some of our football has been outstanding over the last few years, it hasn't been without flaws, a work in progress you could say, I will say thanks to Gus for doing his best, I have no doubt at all that he put every effort possible into improving our team.

But you always had that feeling he was more interested in his own agenda, all the time we were improving this was fine but after the Palace game when he came out with those comments I went from putting up with Gus because we were all heading in the same direction, to having lost all respect for the man.

This was a time when I wanted to hear the manager come out with something dignified like "we regroup and come back even stronger next season" not the self serving crap that he came out with about hitting the roof and "I have to think about my future". Even if that is how he felt, he showed a complete lack of class by saying so live on TV, there is a time and a place, that definitely wasn't it!

I wonder how many of you Gus apologists, especially whoever said they had lost a bit of respect for the club, will still be backing him if Tony decides to step down due to the stress of recent events? We would then have had the very life support system that has allowed Gus to improve this team, switched off permanently!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Whilst nobody can argue that some of our football has been outstanding over the last few years, it hasn't been without flaws, a work in progress you could say, I will say thanks to Gus for doing his best, I have no doubt at all that he put every effort possible into improving our team.

But you always had that feeling he was more interested in his own agenda, all the time we were improving this was fine but after the Palace game when he came out with those comments I went from putting up with Gus because we were all heading in the same direction, to having lost all respect for the man.

This was a time when I wanted to hear the manager come out with something dignified like "we regroup and come back even stronger next season" not the self serving crap that he came out with about hitting the roof and "I have to think about my future". Even if that is how he felt, he showed a complete lack of class by saying so live on TV, there is a time and a place, that definitely wasn't it!

I wonder how many of you Gus apologists, especially whoever said they had lost a bit of respect for the club, will still be backing him if Tony decides to step down due to the stress of recent events? We would then have had the very life support system that has allowed Gus to improve this team, switched off permanently!

Totally agree with this. You just needed to see Zola's interview after the PO final, total class unlike GP's. I thank Gus for some great times but we all knew this day was coming but didn't envisage the animosity that wold be attached. TB is long term, GP was only ever going to be short term. We will continue to progress and build on last season once this matter is cleared up and Gus has packed his bags and ego and departed the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here