Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The 2009 NSC Summer Sixes - Sunday 9th August 2009 ***

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The 3rd Annual NSC Summer 6-a-side in association with REMF, will be held in Preston Park.

First matches kick off at 11.00am, and should be all done and dusted by 5pm.

ALL Teams to meet by 10.15 to register, help set up goals, gazebo and other gubbins.

The format will be exactly the same as last year - 2 groups of 5 teams, with the top two from each, through to semi-finals.

Entry fee remains at £50 per team, with a maximum squad size of 9 players.

The money covers the hire of the pitches, purchase of the trophies and medals, and should leave a £300 surplus which will be donated to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund.

I would like a representive of the following teams to PM me and confirm the teams entry.

You have a deadline of Sunday 19th July to confirm your teams entry to NSC Summer Sixes 2009

Once this deadline has passed, I will then begin to ask ye good olde world of NSC for other teams.

Agents Orange/Milfhaven
Crowhurst
Team Keeno's
Team G.Y.R.O.
Sporting Bad Haircuts - IN - Mendoza
Crocs - IN - Scotty Mac
Wormwood Warriors - IN - Brixtaan

Once this deadline has passed, I will then begin to ask ye good olde world of NSC for other teams.

I will look into the logistics of 2 extra teams, but it seems too much hard work, or shortened games, or go on til sunset, or a TWO DAY event (joke)

Let the binfest begin

SOCCER!!!!SHIFT+1!!!1

Brett x

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
CURRENT RULES

- Matches will be 10 mins each way, with an immediate turn-around.

- Matches MUST start on-time, as per the fixture list

- Except where otherwise stated, normal football rules apply; Players MAY enter the penalty areas, and the ball MAY be played at any height

- Where the ball leaves the field of play, play shall be restarted with a goal-kick, a corner or a ROLL-IN.

- At set plays, opposing players must stay SIX yards from the ball

- Shin-pads are mandatory.

- Table position is decided by points then Goal Difference, then Goals For

- Points are awarded 3 for a win and 1 for a draw. Drawn semi-final or final matches will be followed by a single 5 minute period of extra-time, then penalties.

- Team captains are responsible for the good conduct of their team at all times.

- Team captains are responsible for providing a referee for other matches, whilst their team is not in action

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
£50 for a days football is very cheap im sure to raise a bit more we could bump it up a bit? £60-£70 remember its all for CHARITY!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cheap for some teams, expensive for others. There was a certain amount of scraping together last year. Any team feeling particularly flush can buy lots of raffle tickets!!!!!

Fair Enough.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Can I have a team. I have six players from NSC that want to play...

I am looking at the pros and cons of more teams as it looks like all 10 will be re-entering.
It seems unfair it being a closed shop on the same teams every year.

Solutions are

- pay for THREE pitches instead of two.

- shorten games to 14 minutes instead of 20 minutes

- start earlier and finish later

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Or turn this into a mega event! get FOUR pitches, run side by side, like the JPT Then the winners of the two finals meet in the overal final?

that is if someone wants to step up and run the otherside of the tournement!

Jimmy Grimble

Maybe some QUALIFIERS to get into the real thing.

OK, a little unrealistic.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I am looking at the pros and cons of more teams as it looks like all 10 will be re-entering.

Solutions are

Ok well let me know. We easily have 9 players that want to play...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Pm sent. **NOTE : Would be the same team as HseagullsH.**

Solutions are

3 pitches means you need another set of goals, which may be difficult to get hold of.

Could shorten the games, which does work indoors, but you normally get more goals indoors, so could end up with lots of draws.

Starting earlier is a non starter i reckon. It was a struggle to get everyone there on time last year IIRC.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
If there was one slight criticism I'd say the games were a bit long. I think 14 or 16 mins would be better anyway, and it may allow 2 more teams in :p

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here