Zamora - the silence is deafening .....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
hmmmm, I wonder what tomorrow's Zamora thread title will be...

homer_thinking_2.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still waiting to be convinced that it would be money well spent. Baffled by the obsession so many on here have. 35 in jan, has ongoing injury issues esp with hip & back. Would be a ludicrous waste of money.

Looking at the latest poll, less than 25% of NSCers think he will come/want him. However, this minority seem to be exceptionally vocal on the subject, judging by the number of threads started,on an hourly basis.

I originally voted for the fence option but now I'm in the No camp. As much as he was great for us, over a decade ago, I fear he may turn out to be another Kitson - and I would hate to see that happen to BZ.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?323790-Zamora-to-sign-Yes-No&highlight=zamora

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How does a short sighted 4th choice 'howler' keeper grab you!?

Finnish international who has played in the top division in France and Holland and voted player of the season at his last club.... I'll reserve my judgement until I have some evidence of his deeds at BHAFC to base it on.

I haven't seen anything about howlers, and I've read somewhere else that David De Gea wears contact lenses.

We shall see.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
away at Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Charlton....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I really dont get it. I loved him during his time with us, but if we are in the market for a 34 yr old injury prone striker, then I dont consider it a good 'singing'.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As injury prone as he maybe, I think people are vastly under estimating Zamora's play as a hold up striker.
If we can actually get further up the pitch and get players around him we would be a transformed side.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im not doubting he has retained skills, but it would be nothing more than a stop gap surely. Not sure the club would bother tbh

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Im not doubting he has retained skills, but it would be nothing more than a stop gap surely. Not sure the club would bother tbh

Not 'bother'?? Zamora will be utter quality in the championship. The only question is injury but he's been injury free for a while and showed his class in the latter part of last season. If another club in the championship gets him, you watch them score their way to a playoff or promotion spot, playing off the big man with his vision and superb touches in and around the box.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes, he has skills, for sure, but, I dont believe he is coming to the Albion, and still believe he would be a short term stopgap, so i just dont see it happening. Our recruitment plans seem to be different now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes, he has skills, for sure, but, I dont believe he is coming to the Albion, and still believe he would be a short term stopgap, so i just dont see it happening. Our recruitment plans seem to be different now.

I completely agree, in any normal circumstances that would be the case, but this is Bobby Z we are talking about, it negates the new rules with regards to recruitment.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He's bigger than Hughton & Barber.
Would they like that?
The increase in attendances, corporate sales, shirts etc would make a 2 year deal revenue positive and if those at the club can't see this OBVIOUS reason for signing him, irrespective of his on pitch performance, then they should be made to look for a role in a non revenue area, maybe charity?

He's bigger than Hughton & Barber.
Would they like that?
The increase in attendances, corporate sales, shirts etc would make a 2 year deal revenue positive and if those at the club can't see this OBVIOUS reason for signing him, irrespective of his on pitch performance, then they should be made to look for a role in a non revenue area, maybe charity?

Just how much would you be willing to pay to sign him, then keep him here for a couple of seasons and specifically where is the increased revenue to cover this outlay/commitment coming from?
An additional 1,000 on the gate @ £30 for all 23 weeks might net £500k but this assumes adult match-day pricing for all; in practice the figure will probably be more like £400k per thousand (El Pres figures). You could then pay the player £7k/pw but that's before factoring in any registration/signing on fees, pension contributions etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports