Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha... cheat

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I would usually put it your way, but being a little succinct, for once, he is a cheating c**t that should be banned from the game, ok not succinct but I don't care who they play for, Palace, Brighton, Liverpool... whoever, get these f*ckers out of our passion, our game, the thing we care about above most things. Stop hoodwinking the guy that spends £600 a season to watch football. I hate cheats with an absolute passion.
Don’t sit on the fence, what’s your opinion :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I hate the bloke, I hate that he cheats but all the while he can get away with it then it puts his team at a huge advantage. And diving isn't a modern phenomenon, cheating isn't a modern football 'thing' - it's as old as the game itself. I'll cheer and admire Murray when he pulls one of the many tricks from his dark repertoire and I'll boo and curse whenever Zaha goes down. It's all part of the pantomime.

Honestly, maybe I think of halcyon days where everyone was equal and you didn't have to cheat to win your sport, perhaps I'm losing the plot. But I remember games like the Chelsea v Leeds FA cup final replay at Old Trafford and there was daggers, it was just an assault on the game. But no-one, not one player, even when Bremner got a boot in the face in the Chelsea penalty area, not one of them cheated. They got on with it. George Best never cheated, not once. Neither did Pele. Cheating became practice when Maradona got away with it. Before that? No I never remember the likes of Zaha.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The thing with Zaha is, he rarely gets kicked, tripped or fouled. Defenders know what he's all about and give him a wide berth. But he still manages to get close and fall over. He didn't dive outside the box when he could have, he went inside and dived. He is a serial cheat. There is not another player like him in English football. I have no idea how he sleeps at night. He knows the cameras are watching his every move yet he still does it. It is footballing tourettes, he can't help himself.

You couldn't be more wrong. Regardless of your thoughts on the penalty incident today, Zaha gets seven shades of shite kicked out of him most weeks. Teams specifically assign players to foul him in rotation. Everyone knows that he's our most dangerous player, so they usually just wipe him out before he gets anywhere near the box. Zaha was the most fouled player in the league last season for a reason. He is exceptionally good at twisting and turning quickly which is a nightmare for defenders.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In fact I remember watching Iti footy in the 80s on Channel 4 and they would go down like fairies and remember thinking, thank God the English league isn't like that, we've now overtaken the world for cheating.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You couldn't be more wrong. Regardless of your thoughts on the penalty incident today, Zaha gets seven shades of shite kicked out of him most weeks. Teams specifically assign players to foul him in rotation. Everyone knows that he's our most dangerous player, so they usually just wipe him out before he gets anywhere near the box. Zaha was the most fouled player in the league last season for a reason. He is exceptionally good at twisting and turning quickly which is a nightmare for defenders.

Was he fouled in the box today? Simple question.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Honestly, maybe I think of halcyon days where everyone was equal and you didn't have to cheat to win your sport, perhaps I'm losing the plot. But I remember games like the Chelsea v Leeds FA cup final replay at Old Trafford and there was daggers, it was just an assault on the game. But no-one, not one player, even when Bremner got a boot in the face in the Chelsea penalty area, not one of them cheated. They got on with it. George Best never cheated, not once. Neither did Pele. Cheating became practice when Maradona got away with it. Before that? No I never remember the likes of Zaha.

You need to take those rose-tinted specs off. One of the oldest football clubs in the world, Corinthians FC, was founded on the ethos: "a gentleman would never commit a deliberate foul on an opponent.".

Maradona invented cheating? I don't think so.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
And on another note.
Why didn't the BT bloke speak to Woy about both the dive and the assault on DeBryune.
Nothing was mentioned in the post match interview about either, only how proud he was of his team.
We all know now that Woy is not the decent bloke we thought he was, after the England debacle, but he should have been grilled about what he thought about both incidents, although he would have probably walked out because he is as big an arseole as Zaha and Puncheon.
Now,I don't usually like to see a player have a bad or career ending injury, but I am going to make an exception for Puncheon.
Because he is the talk of the town at the moment he was targeted to get injured on several occasions and Puncheon finally got him, even though the match had almost finished.
I sincerely hope DeBryune is ok but I fear not, on the other hand I hope Puncheon has given himself a self inflicted career ending injury.
He is supposed to be a pro, DeBryune is both a pro and a very good player, Puncheon is just a thug who should not be allowed to put on boots again, it was that bad.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You need to take those rose-tinted specs off. One of the oldest football clubs in the world, Corinthians FC, was founded on the ethos: "a gentleman would never commit a deliberate foul on an opponent.".

Maradona invented cheating? I don't think so.

I need to what? I am not even talking about a game involving us, so how is this rose tinted? I did not say he invented cheating, but he certainly made it prosperous. Remind me of cheating before him. I'm trying hard to think of one here. And I have watched Corinthians play, fantastic club, fantastic people.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

'Most fouled', or won the most free kicks? There is a big difference.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I need to what? I am not even talking about a game involving us, so how is this rose tinted? I did not say he invented cheating, but he certainly made it prosperous. Remind me of cheating before him. I'm trying hard to think of one here. And I have watched Corinthians play, fantastic club, fantastic people.

There was plenty of cheating in the old days although of a different type. Remember the assault by Steve Williams on Gary Nelson in the early stages of the Arsenal cup match ? That was a calculated strategy by a Div 1 team to put the top scorer of a Div 3 team out of the game. Now the pendulum has swung too far the other way.
If any of our players get a dubious penalty in the last minute at Liverpool in May and that keeps us up then there won’t be many Albion fans arguing the rights and wrongs. It’s modern football.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No - but Knockaert and Izquierdo very much have a tendency to throw themselves to the floor. They are just less successful at it.
Indeed. It's a bit like failed drug tests in athletics: foreign athletes are all cheats but British athletes are all asthmatics with heavy colds. All very one-eyed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I need to what? I am not even talking about a game involving us, so how is this rose tinted?

A rose-tinted view of the past, that's what. As Neville's Breakfast has said, there's always been cheating and it's always been a part of the game where if you can get away with it then you're encouraged to do so. This was the reason Corinthians was formed - to counter this attitude.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A rose-tinted view of the past, that's what. As Neville's Breakfast has said, there's always been cheating and it's always been a part of the game where if you can get away with it then you're encouraged to do so. This was the reason Corinthians was formed - to counter this attitude.

What a load of bollocks! Hahaha!!! You obviously have no idea about Corinthians and why they were set up, please keep digging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here