Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha... cheat

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because we see it time and time again: football fans are largely incapable of judging without bias.

It's why nearly all Albion fans thought Dale Stephens should not have been sent off, but nearly everyone else though a red was right.
Nah.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What? Having a penalty is an advantage, due to his action, regardless of what happens later. Next you'll be saying 'got a penalty and scored, but went on to lose, so no advantage' etc.

Doesn’t matter. There was contact. Barely. But there was. Therefore. Pen award stands.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Doesn’t matter. There was contact. Barely. But there was. Therefore. Pen award stands.

I haven't seen this particular incident. But since when does contact automatically mean it's a penalty? I know pundits love to justify cheating on the basis of contact, "there was contact there, he has every right to go down" - but contact does not mean it was a foul.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I know Graham Poll is a plonker, but here's what he has to say:

"He gets suckered in by Zaha's dive, it is a dive, he feels a little touch, he'll claim there's contact but it's not enough for a penalty kick. An experienced ref like Jon should not get suckered into that one."

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So you think that if you polled three groups of people:

- Albion fans
- Palace fans
- Other football fans

...on whether it was a penalty or not, you’d get the same result from each group?

Yes, if they were being honest.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fa not looking at penalty incident. No action being taken .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Cheats prosper.

082D5FB3-013A-423E-BE34-53C3349103FC.gif

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seems an appropriate thread to mention it...tomorrow nights Debate programme on Sky features Steve Parrish and the Umbrella man discussing amongst other things ‘diving’ :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here