Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Come to papa.

I expect this guy to be the talk of the town, again, once Maupay sign with another club.

I'd be very happy if we got this guy in. Anyone know what his situation at Sevilla is like? Contract length, first choice etc etc?

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'd be very happy if we got this guy in. Anyone know what his situation at Sevilla is like? Contract length, first choice etc etc?

Sevilla have Rafa Mir and just signed de Tomás, meaning En-Nesyri is on his way out.

Would be no surprise at all if we were back in for him. Certainly fits the profile of a Welbeck-type and reckon we could get him for around 20 million.

edit: actually, it seems the de Tomás deal is not yet done.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be delighted if this happens! Big and strong but mobile and can play all across the front line so would fit into our team perfectly.

Is it what you hope happens or do you have info that we are in for him again?

No info but it all just fits, like with Pervo: the club has been into him before, he is redundant at Sevilla, would be relatively cheap and has a similar playing style as Welbeck.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Has En-Nesyri actually been linked with Brighton at all?
Or is it just a case of a promising young player whose attributes would fulfil our needs who several contributors on NSC would like us to sign?

edit: I've just seen Swanny's reply from 3 mins before I posted.
I'll dial down my excitement meter for the time being.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Has En-Nesyri actually been linked with Brighton at all?
Or is it just a case of a promising young player whose attributes would fulfil our needs who several contributors on NSC would like us to sign?

edit: I've just seen Swanny's reply from 3 mins before I posted.
I'll dial down my excitement meter for the time being.

See post #453. The deal for him was all but done in 2019. It would be no surprise if were back in now that he's available. Watch this space...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No info but it all just fits, like with Pervo: the club has been into him before, he is redundant at Sevilla, would be relatively cheap and has a similar playing style as Welbeck.

Agree with all of that, would seem to be an excellent signing to me. You're right he is very similar to Welbeck but as well as being an alternative to him, he could also play alongside Welbeck as they both have the ability to start out wide and come in.

Fingers crossed we are back in for him. I would imagine Sevilla would be open to the proceeds of the sale, like most La Liga clubs they're not well off and I can't imagine Isco has come cheaply.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I still think Brereton-Diaz is the best option, especially since he is into his final year and Rovers will get nothing next summer. Also we have a relationship with Rovers and have players we could loan them that might help sweeten the deal (Ferguson, Kozlowski, Enciso).

West Ham were rumoured to be interested but have now bought Scamacca as well as having Antonio. I'm surprised Everton haven't been mentioned as Blackburn is only down the road.

El-Nesyri would still be a decent alternative.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I still think Brereton-Diaz is the best option, especially since he is into his final year and Rovers will get nothing next summer. Also we have a relationship with Rovers and have players we could loan them that might help sweeten the deal (Ferguson, Kozlowski, Enciso).

West Ham were rumoured to be interested but have now bought Scamacca as well as having Antonio. I'm surprised Everton haven't been mentioned as Blackburn is only down the road.

Look on the Maupay thread, there's a Sky tweet (?) quoted by [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] showing Everton's interest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I really don’t understand the Diaz thing. Maybe 3-4 years ago we’d be shopping in that pond, but he’s not even the same level let alone improvement on what we have.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I quite like BBD but having watched both, I would take En-Nesyri over him in a heartbeat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Look on the Maupay thread, there's a Sky tweet (?) quoted by [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] showing Everton's interest.

I know nothing of the fella but I assumed he was better than Everton.

Granted I'd probably be thinking that about myself too :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

You are putting 2+2 together here but it’s a very very good shout. You might get ‘4’ for your answer instead of the usual ‘5’ for such speculation.

Off the boil last season but in 20/21, he was a monster in La Liga (and other matches). Note his performance at LW where Potter might like to position him.

0274f62e94e8d28ebb295a1103a68656.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You are putting 2+2 together here but it’s a very very good shout. You might get ‘4’ for your answer instead of the usual ‘5’ for such speculation.

Off the boil last season but in 20/21, he was a monster in La Liga (and other matches). Note his performance at LW where Potter might like to position him.

0274f62e94e8d28ebb295a1103a68656.jpg

Did I see somewhere that he had a massive injury in 2021/22?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Did I see somewhere that he had a massive injury in 2021/22?

He played 29 times scoring 5. So couldn’t of had a massive injury tbf.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In

A

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here