[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m going to guess that if he is 6 foot 4 and has the pace of Maupay, either he is seriously deficient in other areas or he ain’t coming to us
Yep.

I'll hazard a guess the club won't be trawling around the 'potential rough diamond' bin and now certainly won't be turned down in the process.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Said this already on here, but I would not be shocked to see us revisit this one next summer, with our liking for returning to previous targets, particularly is he does improve on his return from last season

Like we did with Jahanbakhsh and Andone, eh? Should work out well............................

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Like we did with Jahanbakhsh and Andone, eh? Should work out well............................

I'd say all our signings we've been tracking or even bidding for for a while. Some we hear about because the selling club or agent has leaked to the press and some we don't

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why do people expect every signing to succeed ? There are so many variables with players, from injuries to domestic circumstances to plain bad luck that can affect how a player does at a club. No matter how diligent you are, you will have some that don't work out. For every Ali J, I never seem to hear much about the Websters, Bernardo's, Propper's and Trossards that we have signed and that is before we get to the Alzate and Connoly's we have brought in for little or no outlay etc. The recruitment team at the Albion have been excellent over the last few years and deserve praise for where they have taken us as much as Potter and Hughton before him.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I think that Potter knew and insisted on the signing Webster, Morepie, and Clarke . Trossard maybe was watched by the Brighton scouts and they moved so quickly once the transfer window open.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think that Potter knew and insisted on the signing Webster, Morepie, and Clarke . Trossard maybe was watched by the Brighton scouts and they moved so quickly once the transfer window open.

Maupay they tried to sign before he went to Brentford so he was on the radar. Clarke I think we were already in for? Webster however, you may well be right as that did seem odd at the time after signing Clarke. Potter will clearly have had a hand in these signings and he presumably has to sign off on everybody who comes into the 1st team squad at least. I think we have recruited brilliantly overall and we are just beginning to see the fruits of their work coming into the 1st team squad.

I may be wrong but I think we are seeing the start of Bloom's next phase of his plan. How do we get into and stay in the top 10? Recruitment must be one of if not the most important element of that project. There are 3 or 4 more of the U23's who have a chance of making the first XI IMO and if that happens what an achievement for the club and its forward planning that would be...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why do people expect every signing to succeed ? There are so many variables with players, from injuries to domestic circumstances to plain bad luck that can affect how a player does at a club. No matter how diligent you are, you will have some that don't work out. For every Ali J, I never seem to hear much about the Websters, Bernardo's, Propper's and Trossards that we have signed and that is before we get to the Alzate and Connoly's we have brought in for little or no outlay etc. The recruitment team at the Albion have been excellent over the last few years and deserve praise for where they have taken us as much as Potter and Hughton before him.

This, and at least we spent 15 million for AJ, and not 40 feckin million for people like Joelinton

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

This is a fair comment. I get the impression that things are a bit more joined up between the manager and recruitment now than they were. Chrissy didn’t always give the impression that he wanted the players he got. The value of Ashworth I think will be in ensuring that everyone is on the same page. This doesn’t mean we’ll never sign another dud, but that we’re more likely to be recruiting to a more focussed plan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maupay they tried to sign before he went to Brentford so he was on the radar. Clarke I think we were already in for? Webster however, you may well be right as that did seem odd at the time after signing Clarke. Potter will clearly have had a hand in these signings and he presumably has to sign off on everybody who comes into the 1st team squad at least. I think we have recruited brilliantly overall and we are just beginning to see the fruits of their work coming into the 1st team squad.

I may be wrong but I think we are seeing the start of Bloom's next phase of his plan. How do we get into and stay in the top 10? Recruitment must be one of if not the most important element of that project. There are 3 or 4 more of the U23's who have a chance of making the first XI IMO and if that happens what an achievement for the club and its forward planning that would be...

You're almost certainly wrong on Clarke.

Potter and his scout Kyle Macauley, were in the stands at Fratton Park in their Swansea club merch, scouting Clarke, during the week before he agreed to join the Albion.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/two-players-swansea-city-boss-16288751

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100%. If you’re hiring a number of people on an ongoing basis you’re always going to get a few wrong now and again for a multitude of reasons - football is no different from any other industry. The recruitment team have got far more right than they have wrong, and for massively less money than some of our competitors have been spending on individual players. Would add at least Gross, Knocky and Duffy to the above that were bought for absolute buttons in PL terms........all are comfortably 8-figure value players now and worth at least 5x what we paid for them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Friday 'our' man scored the kind of goal that probably bought him to the Albion's attention.

2 from 2, having been somewhat shitehouse:-

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey pick that out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just scored again for The Royal Oak at Lagness.

The one that got away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports