Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think he looks like a pretty typical Potter centre forward so I could see this rumour having some weight behind it. Would offer something we don't have. But I don't think there will be any permanent striker signings in January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you the only one interested in this thread?
T'is an odd thing, he only seems to score goals the day after the Albion couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for the update but, given the message, I won't give you a thumbs up

Hah, no worries!

Sebastian Andersson (FC Union Berlin) is out of contract at the end of the season and could be got for a fraction of the price and probably just as effective up front as the big striker alongside Maupay. He scored in their win against Dortmund at the start of the season and so far has 8 goals in 17 games in the Bundesliga.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Another couple in the champions League last night. One of the hottest strikers in Europe at the moment.

Another one that got away for us !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Another couple in the champions League last night. One of the hottest strikers in Europe at the moment.

Another one that got away for us !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

To be fair to the club, once Seville regestered their interest, we didnt stand a chance. When they are not in the Champions League, they are winning the Europa League.

Also, there is no gaurantee he could do it in the Premier League.

The player we were in for, and didnt get, that I really wish we had is Tomáš Souček. Dont forget we finished above West Ham last season.

This is from the Athletic, after he signed for West Ham.

It was on January 29 that West Ham announced the signing of Soucek, pronounced So-Check, from Slavia Prague on a £4 million loan deal until the end of the season, with the option of paying £16 million to make the transfer permanent if they stay up. But a few weeks earlier, the 24-year-old held formal talks with Brighton’s representatives, who flew out to the Czech Republic to meet him.

His ability in the air would have solved issues we have at both ends of the pitch.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To be fair to the club, once Seville regestered their interest, we didnt stand a chance. When they are not in the Champions League, they are winning the Europa League.

The player we were in for, and didnt get, that I really wish we had is Tomáš Souček. Dont forget we finished above West Ham last season.

It was on January 29 that West Ham announced the signing of Soucek, pronounced So-Check, from Slavia Prague on a £4 million loan deal until the end of the season, with the option of paying £16 million to make the transfer permanent if they stay up. But a few weeks earlier, the 24-year-old held formal talks with Brighton’s representatives, who flew out to the Czech Republic to meet him.

His ability in the air would have solved issues we have at both ends of the pitch.

His obvious motivation and enthusiasm would've been helpful too.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

He's been great what I've seen of him this season and as you say knows how to head the ball which is something clearly lacking in our squad.

Had no idea we were interested. Shame that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Ships that pass in the night eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite all my 'comedic' knocking of the clubs inability to sing a striker, if his agent is true to the timeline this has gotta be an absolute arse biscuit to deal with:-

Now we can add a third opportunity missed, with his agent revealing Brighton once had everything sorted for a move.

“Did you know that En-Nesyri had arranged a move to Brighton?” he told ABC Sevilla.

“He got his visa from England and had the club’s authorisation to travel! It was in the summer of 2019. He was being paid more than three times as much as at Leganés.

“However, I didn’t see it as a good fit for him. The day before he went to England to sign the contracts, I asked him: “What are we doing?”

“You could see it on his face. He looked at me and said: “Anass, I think I should stay”.

“I was already expecting it. He insisted to me that what he liked was La Liga and that, if he continued to do well, one day Sevilla could come.”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Despite all my 'comedic' knocking of the clubs inability to sing a striker, if his agent is true to the timeline this has gotta be an absolute arse biscuit to deal with:-

Now we can add a third opportunity missed, with his agent revealing Brighton once had everything sorted for a move.

“Did you know that En-Nesyri had arranged a move to Brighton?” he told ABC Sevilla.

“He got his visa from England and had the club’s authorisation to travel! It was in the summer of 2019. He was being paid more than three times as much as at Leganés.

“However, I didn’t see it as a good fit for him. The day before he went to England to sign the contracts, I asked him: “What are we doing?”

“You could see it on his face. He looked at me and said: “Anass, I think I should stay”.

“I was already expecting it. He insisted to me that what he liked was La Liga and that, if he continued to do well, one day Sevilla could come.”

Good find. The club is clearly spotting great talent across the world. Such a shame a **** agent cockblocked on this occasion. This lad is worth £50m+.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good find. The club is clearly spotting great talent across the world. Such a shame a **** agent cockblocked on this occasion. This lad is worth £50m+.

Imagine how much he'd be worth if he only missed half the chances presented to him for the Albion, this season, in the Premier League.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Interesting to see that this was the type of striker GP was going for. A lot more similar to the ones he had in Swansea (McBurnie) and Östersund (no one anyone has heard of, but tall, strong boys) than Maupay is.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Was it really because he loves La Liga, or that he just didn't want to be seen playing for a #TeamLikeBrighton? :moo:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Was it really because he loves La Liga, or that he just didn't want to be seen playing for a #TeamLikeBrighton? :moo:

Well, at that time, our match highlights in the Premier league would not have been selling us to him much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here