[Albion] You're Adam Lallana

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps we have a point Harry?

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about this, though, even if you're right.

Now is not the time for marching, even if your heart isn't gay :wink:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think for a lot of people, myself included, the injury on Saturday was the straw that broke the camel's hamstring regarding Lallana.

Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a very classy player who is often great to watch. He also clearly has some wonderful leadership qualities and brings a lot more to the team than just his footballing ability.

Objectively however, he's been a bit of a failure with us. He is our top earner. For that, I'd expect a much better return than one goal and two assists in 51 appearances (he's played the equivalent of 35.5 games of full 90s for us).His finishing is dreadful and we dearly lack goals in midfield. The injuries aren't actually a huge thing - he's played 200 more minutes than a seemingly fit Gross this season.

IF he was a squad player who could come in and out (perhaps a bit more like Welbeck) I think that there would be a lot more sympathy. But for the most amount of money anyone has ever earned in the history of this club, it's not really been good enough.

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
I think for a lot of people, myself included, the injury on Saturday was the straw that broke the camel's hamstring regarding Lallana.

Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a very classy player who is often great to watch. He also clearly has some wonderful leadership qualities and brings a lot more to the team than just his footballing ability.

Objectively however, he's been a bit of a failure with us. He is our top earner. For that, I'd expect a much better return than one goal and two assists in 51 appearances (he's played the equivalent of 35.5 games of full 90s for us).His finishing is dreadful and we dearly lack goals in midfield. The injuries aren't actually a huge thing - he's played 200 more minutes than a seemingly fit Gross this season.

IF he was a squad player who could come in and out (perhaps a bit more like Welbeck) I think that there would be a lot more sympathy. But for the most amount of money anyone has ever earned in the history of this club, it's not really been good enough.

Cant really argue with this. Lallana is clearly a class act and his presence around the dressing room is no doubt a positive influence, however at present the output to salary ratio is not favourable. I like what the club has done in bringing in some players with big club/ premier league experience (Lallana/Welbeck) but cant help but feel the wages could be better spent elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here