Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst concert.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Funnily enough the best gig and the worst gig I've seen were both performed by the same band.

The Pogues.

Saw them in about 2000 and they were brilliant, the whole place was rocking.

Then saw them about 8 years later and Shane was so pissed they had to carry him onto stage. He couldn't remember the words to his songs and it ended up Spider Stacy singing most of the songs instead.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Also saw Meat Loaf in Vegas.

It was like he was in the early stages of Alzheimers, he seemed to have no idea what was happening and what he was supposed to be doing most of the time.

He was booed off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A special vote for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers a few years ago headlining at Leeds.

In their defence it was the last night of a world tour. It appears they had given up all interest 24 hours earlier though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Depeche Mode - Brighton Centre - late 80's. 3 Guys standing behind keyboards did not making an exciting night. Synth music is shit to see played live.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had to sit through UB40 at The Brighton Centre in the early 80's as a contractual obligation for my then girlfriend, I had no love for Reggae anyway and the vocal "talents " of Ali Campbell always left me cold.Needless to say it was awful for me, however the audience managed to ruin it more by getting 2 encores from them.

I was quite a big Quo fan at the time and it always made me laugh when talking to people who would say along the lines of " How can you listen to Status Quo ? all their stuff sounds the same ......give me UB40 any day " !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Grace Jones at the Btn Centre along with Golden Earring, utter tripe.
Over here, Robbie Williams, I was gifted a ticket for helping someone, I won't be helping them again.
Also, The Doobies at Wembley, but luckily Foreigner were support and they were great.
I was also surprised by Climie Fisher at the Dome, they were good but the house was empty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I WIN

Against my better judgment I was taken (dragged kicking and screaming) to a Yngwie Malmsteen concert.

It wasn't actually a concert more a procession of tedious 'look at me' solos from every member of the 'band', in between each of Yngwie's solo.

Shite and house sprint instantly to mind.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am going to get stick for this, but my worst was James when supporting The Smiths at the Dome circa 1985ish

Now I know they went on to be popular (not with me) but they were shite that night.
What they lacked in musical ability they simply made up in volume.
So loud that it not only spoilt my ability to hear and enjoy The Smiths when they came on, but meant I ended up with ringing in my ears for half a week after.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Finding out that Tim Booth couldn't sing at Trent Poly in 1988 ish, subsequently forgetting and the being reminded that Tim Booth can't sing at various future James gigs. Love James, not great live though.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Also saw Meat Loaf in Vegas.

It was like he was in the early stages of Alzheimers, he seemed to have no idea what was happening and what he was supposed to be doing most of the time.

He was booed off.

Did he come back on for the encore and sing " it's all coming back to me now"?

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Only walked out of one concert that was Ornette Colman quartet at the Dome middle 60's. I knew avante jazz was not for me but had to give it ago played by its finest exponent. Walked out at the interval ,made my way to the Regent Ballroom , met my wife to be that night.Fate?

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Human League at the Dome on the Dare tour. Phil Oakey couldn't sing and play keyboards at the same time, the two girls were even worse singers than expected and a fight broke out just in front of me.

boik

Well obviously it was when I accompanied a young lady to see Simply Red in Kentish Town many years ago. Not only was the music awful, but the bloke is such an ar$e.

More recently, Badly Drawn Boy at At The Edge Of The Sea, was truly dire. The bar was packed with people desperate to escape!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Human League at the Dome on the Dare tour. Phil Oakey couldn't sing and play keyboards at the same time, the two girls were even worse singers than expected and a fight broke out just in front of me.

Which reminds me - a mate convinced me that Beady Eye at the Centre was a good idea.

God, they were shit. Liam stood, parka done right up, and tried to look menacing. It was all a bit cartoon.

And fights were breaking out everywhere, for no apparent reason. Liam Gallagher really does attract a neanderthal element.

Awful, probably worse than Gong, who I mentioned before.

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Nice at the old Top Rank Suite - all their equipment was still in transit from Europe. Second to Ginger Bakers Airforce at Leeds Uni. Total pants.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Another gem from the late 80's early 90's ,International Ska Day at South Parade Pier Southsea untold Violence ,CS Gas and OB leading to it being called off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here