Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst concert.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ramones supporting U2 at Milton Keynes in 85.U2 were headline. Ramones were absolute shite. Same song played at 100mph and repeated

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Van Morrison at the Dome. He mumbled, I fell asleep.

Oh, I forgot, Mark Almond at the Zap (I think) was pretty terrible too.
Love Van's music but have to agree that every time I have seen him live he seems to have a train to catch. Music is superb though/

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Van Morrison at the Dome. He mumbled, I fell asleep.

Oh, I forgot, Mark Almond at the Zap (I think) was pretty terrible too.
Love Van's music but have to agree that every time I have seen him live he seems to have a train to catch. Music is superb though/

Sorry- duplicated

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Van Morrison at The Dome. He was in his jazz phase and every song was of than genre. Added to that he hardly involved himself with the audience. His attitude appeared to be "kcuf off if you are not happy." he took the money though. Vowed never to go to another of his concerts.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
UB 40 Hammersmith years ago - dire. Dire Straits just after they broke through also at Hammersmith, very poor. And sadly I have to agree that Van the man isn't one to see live.

Jan 30, 2008
Simply Red at the NEC in 85. Dragged there by a friend who had a spare ticket. Shockingly shite, and up his own arse the whole time too.

How Steffi Graf ever let him slip her a length is totally beyond me, especially as I would pay her at least £20 for a knee trembler.
money's to good to mention :facepalm:
regards
DR

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tangerine dream at the dome...yes they were dreadful, but for sheer awfulness nothing comes close to the last emmylou harris concert at the dome last year. I was expecting all the old hits and she just did songs from one album. It was so disappointing!

The Welsh band MANN were a tad crap but so bloody loud....

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Simply Red at the NEC in 85. Dragged there by a friend who had a spare ticket. Shockingly shite, and up his own arse the whole time too.

How Steffi Graf ever let him slip her a length is totally beyond me, especially as I would pay her at least £20 for a knee trembler.

Saw them support UB4O about that time at the NEC, wasn't that gig was it?

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
My worst concert has to be The Byrds at the old Hove Town hall in the early sixties just after Mr Tambourine Man got to no 1. The acoustics in the hall were awful,the Byrds were even worse, dont think many people were left at the end.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Squeeze at The Royal Albert Hall in the early 90s. Not sure why but the band seemed utterly disinterested that night and so did the audience.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Propellerheads at the original concorde, turned up an hour and a half late because of train problems apparently and then played along to their own CD for 40 mins

Wendy Wilkins

May 23, 2014
Hove
U2 at Wembley in about 2010, Bono was so far up his own rectum. Likewise Razorlight at The Centre, they were late getting on stage, played for about an hour and looked bored

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Paul Young at The Assembly Hall in Worthing, his voice had gone, people streamed out after 15 minutes, quite sad.

Otherwise another vote for Van Morrison, vastly overrated and frankly crap.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Simple Minds at Jenkinsons in Brighton 1980?? Not sure of the exact year but before they were massive, they were shit that night.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Stan Webb a few years ago at the Half Brick in Worthing. He was so pissed he could just about stand up. An absolute shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here