Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Top 5 Countries In The World?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ooh look at me and my 'alternative' views.

Have you been to North Korea? What in particular made it one of your top five countries? Did you get a good look around and a real chance to explore the real North Korea?

I would like to add Eire to my list.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I go to Plymouth to get my Bongo serviced every year but don't count it as a holiday. Pleasant maybe. I always thought more people holidayed in London than Plymouth but I am often wrong.

Good points well made.
I meant that I live on the border of Devon and Cornwall and mentioned that as a holiday area where most British people visit for their holidays over 12 months, Cornwall is actually quite busy now outside the season including Christmas, but a very disappointing number of foreigners visit the South West.
London obviously has millions more visitors from all over the world but although it does not matter I am not sure that you count it as a holiday as I believe most visit for a few days and go to other areas like Stratford on Avon, Bath etc etc (according to my London cabbie brother in law)
I love living in Plymouth but its potential to be one of the best cities in the UK due to its location and maritime history has never been recognised, we have the Hoe and a few other bits and pieces but due to lack of vision and lack of investment sadly most of the holiday makers drive straight past which is a shame because if you live here and delve deeply it is a fantastic place to live for many reasons, but I also understand that it has a poor but undeserved reputation for being a bit of a dump which it is not (well some parts are)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Curacao
Uruguay
Maldives
Brazil
Gibraltar

Curaçao - never heard of it, sounds great
Uruguay - great country
Maldives - haven't been but looks amazing
Brazil - incredible country
Gibraltar - utter shit hole, what in God's name is this doing in this excellent list!?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've been to over 50 countries and I'm amazed that no seems to have mentioned India. It has a vast variety of landscapes, incredibly cheerful people, fantastic food, a vibrant culture and an amazing history.
Kolkata is one of my most favourite cities and is as interesting as Sydney, Vancouver or Rio.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Curaçao - never heard of it, sounds great
Uruguay - great country
Maldives - haven't been but looks amazing
Brazil - incredible country
Gibraltar - utter shit hole, what in God's name is this doing in this excellent list!?

You like the look of your own posts don't you.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Argentina

Peru

Bolivia

New Zealand

United States of America.

After the UK, of course.

attwood

Aug 1, 2006
India - it does your head in at times, but the best bits are better than anything that happens at home

China - in 1993 I went for 3 months and for the first month I couldn't understand anybody and nobody could understand me, but the next two months were part of the biggest adventure I'd ever been on (at the time). It was also the cheapest place I have ever bought beer - 13p for a litre was the cheapest - can anywhere beat that?

Nepal - Kathmandhu is superb

Pakistan - the friendliest people I have ever met (might be different for females)

Syria - a great place to visit, but I wouldn't go now with all the strife

Wow, what a huge list of countries that NSC folk have visited & an eclectic range of countries too, that appear on people's best list as well. I never thought that sitting in a villa in Italy tonight, that Italy would be the most popular country so far! So here is the list tonight.

Italy 18

United Kingdom 29 (UK 12, England 12, Wales 3, Scotland 2)

USA 14.5

France 10

Germany 8
New Zealand 7
Spain 7
Australia 6
Canada 6
South Africa 5
Argentina 4
Cuba 4
Iceland 4
Netherlands 4
Switzerland 4
Thailand 4
Croatia 3
Greece 3
Israel 3
India 3
Peru 3
Slovakia 3
Austria 2
Brazil 2
China 2
Cyprus 2
Eire 2
Jamaica 2
Kenya 2
Maldives 2
Malawi 2
Malaysia 2
Mauritius 2
Portugal 2
Sri Lanka 2
Sweden 2
Vietnam 2
Hawaii 1.5
Bali, Bolivia, Chile, Cook Is, Cambodia, Curaco, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Egypt, Finland, Gibralter, Grenada, Ghana, Hungary, Iran, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Madagascar, Malta, North Korea, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Seychelles, Serbia, Syria, Taiwan, Turkey, Uruguay, Ukraine, Zanziber ----- all 1

The following NSC people have expressed their top 5 favourite countries, so far:

7:18; aberdare seagull; Ali_rrr; Amex Ruislip; Atfc village; Atwood; banjo; Barrel of Fun; Biscuit Barrel; big nuts; bluenitsuj; bn1&bn3Albion; bravohotelalpha; brighton_girl87; Bulldog; Brian Fantana; c0lz; Commander; Crispy Ambulance; DNB_Seagull; dingodan; Fran Hagarty; Gazwag; get off the ropes; Goldstone 1976; Husty; Irish Albion; Nothstander; One Teddy Maybank; penny's harmonica; Raleigh Chopper; Rugrat; shingle; sparkie; Steve Foster; studio 150; Surrey Jim; Thunder Bolt; Tom Hark, Toongull; Preston Park; topbanana36; Waino696969; Weststander; wilko1;

As at Post 74

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I've been to over 50 countries and I'm amazed that no seems to have mentioned India. It has a vast variety of landscapes, incredibly cheerful people, fantastic food, a vibrant culture and an amazing history.
Kolkata is one of my most favourite cities and is as interesting as Sydney, Vancouver or Rio.

India's 2nd on my list

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
Argentina
Cambodia
New Zealand
Brazil
United Kingdom

I cannot believe someone actually put Eire. The most dreary, dull, miserable, boring place on the planet. "Oh but the people are lovely". **** off. People are lovely everywhere, except France. Actually France should get a mention as well, fantastic country, ruined only by the inhabitants.

Have you been? And if you have, what part? by the sounds of it you were in the back arse of nowhere like Roscommon. But here, it's way better then Wales!

And its Ireland, not Eire!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here