Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever concert?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
:lolol:

1971 didn't really happen did it? That is one hell of a line up, nightmare-wise.

Keith Moon, though. I'd be happy to have a memory like that.
I saw Pink Floyd supported by the Faces there.That was 1971.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I've been putting on gigs since I was 15, firstly with local bands and then with touring indie acts, but the first ever show I saw (which I had nothing to do with) was a mod weekender in Clacton in 1984, I believe The Moment headlined, or was it Small World? Sorry, I've forgotten. Oops.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I went to loads of great gigs in the late seventies and early eighties (incl many already mentioned here - Queen, Rainbow, The Jam etc) but my first was David Essex at Eastbourne congress…oh well.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Me? Adam and The Ants, circa 1980 @ the Brighton Centre, moving swiftly along.

My older, and now deceased, cousin regaled me with the line up of a gig he went to however many years earlier somewhere in Brighton, if true it really was a bit special. Whether it was his first gig I have no idea.

Jimi Hendrix - The Who - Pink Floyd , really, in Brighton, on the same bill?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting thread which reveals the approximate age of many posters, and it seems to suggest most of us are in our 40s, 50s and 60s.
Mine was The Cure, Hammersmith Odeon, 1984.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
The Skids at the Top Rank ('79?) and The Specials later the same week, same venue.
OMG I'm old.....

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Interesting thread which reveals the approximate age of many posters, and it seems to suggest most of us are in our 40s, 50s and 60s.
Mine was The Cure, Hammersmith Odeon, 1984.

I must be older than you then,I saw The Cure support Siouxie & The Banshees in 1979 :lol:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
warsaw???

Did you take home a drum?

Christ on a bike, have you remembered my drum thread? Late convert to Joy Division, never saw them.

But I did see Hawkwind at the Top Rank Suite in about 1972, Space Ritual tour. Stunning gig and still one of the best live albums.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ian Dury and The Blockheads - Brighton Centre, 31st July 1979.

The tickets said "Ian Drury" and the first 'r' was (badly) blotted out by black felt-tip.

Fantastic concert , I'm really glad I went to this, I dont remember the ticket though because I was on the guest list :whistle:
Myself and a mate went round the back door of the Brighton Centre, we told the doorman we were on the guest list, when he produced the list on a clipboard we tried to read the names, we couldn't see them so we told him we helped the roadies unload the trucks that afternoon, not sure he believed our story but he did let us in.

I think this concert was the first of many we blagged our way into. :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Apart from school concerts? First one was the Barron Knights at Olympia. The next year Dad's family Christmas treat was Cliff and the Shadows at the Palladium, and the next year it was ......

....... Engelbert Humperdinck. After that I refused to accompany my parents to any sort of musical soiree. Ever!
Then to Uni - couldn't list all the bands I saw, but one Friday night end of term dance in the Hall of Residence sticks in the memory - Chris Farlowe and the Thunderbirds, The Herd (with Pete Frampton) and Status Quo. All for thirty pence ..........

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I am embarrassed to say really, but but, Lena Zavaroni in Cape Town 1975 or 6.

But first proper gig, Boomtown Rats, Dome, 1978/9.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here