Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever concert?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Ultravox at the Brighton Centre in 1984.

I have a cassette bootleg of the gig and still have my tour T-Shirt purchased outside with spelling mistakes! All my old gig stuff is in the loft at my Mums house, want to go and dig it out now!!! Met Midge Ure at a gig at Crawley Leisure Centre, we got there early and somehow got in to the sound check. We had taken up some Vinyl and midge kindly signed them all! All I can remember was that he was very very small and told us the Ultravox songs he would be playing that evening!

Things you do when you were a teenager eh! Only other LPs had signed was by Big Country, signed by all the band at the Brighton Centre. Stuart Adamson signed off with his catchphrase of "Stay Alive" which makes him killing himself in a hotel in the US all the sadder.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The 'Oo 79 Brighton Centre, legendary gig 24 hour queuing for tickets for first UK tour for a good while after Moon died. Extraordinarily powerful, hard act to follow, literally for my gigging days
AND you'll never guess who I stood next to, namechecked many times on here in last year....?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The Who at Dunstable Civic Hall 1969 - just after (or before?) Woodstock

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The 'Oo 79 Brighton Centre, legendary gig 24 hour queuing for tickets for first UK tour for a good while after Moon died. Extraordinarily powerful, hard act to follow, literally for my gigging days
AND you'll never guess who I stood next to, namechecked many times on here in last year....?

Glenn Murray?

I had some mug friends who were daft enough to stand in that queue overnight on my behalf, so I got a ticket and a decent night's sleep.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Procul Harem at the Dome 1970?

Procol Harum at the Tunbridge Wells Assembly Hall, April 1977 for me.

Unless you count Sooty & Sweep on Bournemouth Pier, 1971.

Or Patrick Moore on xylophone, and then Mrs Mills on piano, both supporting Morecambe & Wise at the Chichester Festival Theatre, 1974 (possibly 1975?).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The Members, Top Rank, 1979

One of my all-time favourite live bands. They very nearly (only nearly, mind) outshone The Clash at the 'Southall Kids are Innocent' RAR gig at the Rainbow in '79.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sorry. Don't know what came over me.

Was with Harry Corbett of course as well, and not Matthew.

Even better. As with any proper hipster you preferred their earlier work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here